PDA

View Full Version : Rufus-(spoiler-kinda)

Mordred
02-23-2004, 01:47 AM
In the advent children trailer, anyone have any idea who the dude in the white trenchcoat is, I had an idea maybe its Rufus, it would make sense he is crippled after diamond blew his building up.....

PeTeRL90
02-23-2004, 04:46 AM
I thought Rufus died after Diamond blew up his building.

Del Murder
02-23-2004, 04:46 AM
That would be sweet. I love Rufus.

Mo-Nercy
02-23-2004, 06:33 AM
I hope so. Rufus was one slick mo-fo. I'm not sure exactly what he'll be doing in Advent Children though.

Aphelion
02-23-2004, 04:51 PM
Rufus is cool and I think he is not dead. If he appears in Advent Children, it's okay, but I hope Heidegger is dead (haha).

Flying Mullet
02-23-2004, 04:53 PM
Maybe he's trying to bring Shin-ra back? Who knows... :shifty:

Marcus
02-23-2004, 06:10 PM
A return of Rufus would be most excellent. You never got to see his dead body or anything in FF7, so maybe they left that opening intentionally... maybe not. The first time I went through FF7, and saw Rufus get blasted away, I didn't believe he was dead. No body, no goodbyes, no nothing.. So to me, a return would seem 'logical'... I wonder how they will explain his return though. The Weapons weren't exactly weak sissys.

Cloudane
02-24-2004, 01:20 AM
It's certainly feasible, as it was quite an open ending for the fella. The last we saw was him ducking, it's feasible enough that he managed to find a safe hole to dive into.

You do tend to wonder what his role might be though, now that Shinra is well and truly finished?

Reminds me of the sci-fi series "Blake's 7" where the figurehead of evil, Servalan, was presumed dead at the rather gooey destruction of the hero's ship. Yet in the next (last) series she was very much alive, nobody new why, but frankly her 'survived/revived' role was rather pointless.

zacks_clone
02-24-2004, 02:01 AM
the person in the wheelchair?i think its jenova.No face,cant see anything..course...it has shoes...so mabye not Jenova.

Jenova for the reson that the white haired man(sephiroth clone??) was bowing down to it.

Why would this man be bowing to Rufus?

DJZen
02-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Dark Dragon Knight
Rufus is cool and I think he is not dead. If he appears in Advent Children, it's okay, but I hope Heidegger is dead (haha).

DON'T YOU BE TALKIN' ABOUT MY BOO LIKE THAT!!!!

Mo-Nercy
02-24-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
the person in the wheelchair?i think its jenova.No face,cant see anything..course...it has shoes...so mabye not Jenova.

Jenova for the reson that the white haired man(sephiroth clone??) was bowing down to it.

Why would this man be bowing to Rufus?
I don't think anyone hear thinks that the wheelchair guy is Rufus. Mordred just mentioned that he saw a white trenchcoated fella in the trailer.

-N-
03-01-2004, 02:52 AM
Dude, Rufus was totally awesome. Such a great character. I wouldn't mind his return at all. I especially sympathize with him staring down Diamond Weapon's missiles... a great way to emphasize the heartwrenching inevitability of his failure. I actually sympathize with his efforts to stop Meteor and whatnot (like Barret's one line). Too bad he had to keep getting in Cloud's way...