PDA

View Full Version : Something to make you think....maybe.

arcdragon9
02-23-2004, 03:16 AM
What is the measure of a friend to you? Is it someone who is just someone to chat with? Someone who has to be trustworthy enough to open up to? Or what?

For me, it's someone who is trustworthy enough to be trusted with anything. Needless to say I have very few friends. But to me it's quality over quantity.

The Man
02-23-2004, 03:23 AM
I have different levels of people I consider friends. There's the people I'd trust anything to - and there are probably only about ten or twelve of those, online and off. And then there's the people that I just chat around with whenever I get the chance, and I consider those friends too, just not as deeply as the people who are my *close* friends. So yeah.

Del Murder
02-23-2004, 04:57 AM
Good question. To me a friend is someone I can carry on a decent sized conversation with. I guess a close friend is someone I can share personal stuff with.

eestlinc
02-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I have a few friends, but sadly I don't get too see too many of them too often. A friend is someone you can sit with and not talk and have a good time. The talking is nice too.

Meat Puppet
02-23-2004, 08:29 AM
I like that "a good friend would be there and bail you out of jail, but a TRUE friend would be in jail with you saying 'That was fun!'" idea. Yeah, it worked for me. Bang.

Loony BoB
02-23-2004, 12:07 PM
I'm with Del Murder on this one. A friend is anyone who you can get along with. How close of a friend they are can vary a lot, though.

There are people who post at these forums that I've never chatted to and I still consider them friends. I can't think of any names right now because I just realised that I've chatted to eest in #eoff before.

Peegee
02-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Anybody who can put up with me can be my friend if they choose to. It's just that simple.

Agent Proto
02-23-2004, 04:43 PM
A friend is someone who I can get along as sociate with often. The closeness, however, differs from each of my friends. ;)

PeTeRL90
02-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I feel a friend is someone I know I can trust, that won't backstab me or anything like that, and has a good personality.

Aphelion
02-23-2004, 05:17 PM
I don't know well. I don't have friends (all of these "friends" stab me in the back all the time). But I consider the people of the forums friends. At least I don't have too much enemies. I think friend is someone you can count on for all situations.

Harmless Pigeon
02-23-2004, 10:03 PM
You need to tell the difference between Aqaintances, Friends and Close Friends.
You can't be elitist and blow someone off cause you don't think they're trustworthy.

Proxy
02-24-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Good question. To me a friend is someone I can carry on a decent sized conversation with. I guess a close friend is someone I can share personal stuff with.

*nods*
I agree with Del.
there are only less than a handful of people that i can call close friends
i have enough friends
and alot of aqaintances(sp?)

Yamaneko
02-24-2004, 12:51 AM
I have a few friends.

Shoyku
02-24-2004, 01:40 AM
A friend to me would be someone I can simply talk to, and share common interests with.

Erdrick Holmes
02-24-2004, 01:48 AM
I care for my friends more then I do my family. I would take a bullet to the brain for a friend.

Mr. Graves
02-24-2004, 03:52 AM
I think true friends are people who can respect who YOU are, and not attempt to change you in any way/shape/form. They also will help you, and actually show concern if you're faced with a serious issue or problem. I agree completly with what arcdragon9 said.

Breine
02-24-2004, 12:59 PM
A best friend is someone you can talk to about everytihng in the world, the person is fun to be with, you can trust the person and you know the person.