PDA

View Full Version : In need of a geography lesson

Tabby
02-23-2004, 05:39 AM
Okay, I am so confused by all the various place names and such. For such a small world, this game sure has a lot of place names. I know that Ivalice was once split into several different kingdoms which were united to become Ivalice but WHERE on the world map are all this former kingdoms located? Could someone give me list of all the different kingdoms, what their capital city is, and what other cities lie in its borders. For example, Gallione's capital is Igros and is ruled by the Beoulve's and Gariland lies in its borders.

Slightly off topic, but do we ever find out what kind of country Ordalia, the country the 50 year war was fought with, is like, its culture, customs, language, etc? Also, where (north,south, east, west) is this country located in relation to Ivalice?

In case you're wondering why I'm asking such strange questions, I'm planning on writing a fanfic but I'm having trouble finding resources. I can find lots of sources talking about how to play the game but no resources about what the world the game is set in is like. If anyone knows a site that does have that information, can you please post a link? Thanks.

Edgar
03-03-2004, 11:43 AM
I remember there's Lionel, Limberry and Igros. Not too sure about Riovannes tho.

Tatics Master
03-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Well thats pretty hard to do since the game dosen't really focus on the borders and which cities are ruled by whom.

The best thing to do is to look at the map and take some artistic freedom....couldn't hurt!:D

I may post an idea for the seqeul myself!

BG-57
03-08-2004, 02:07 AM
Found it! :D I knew I saw a game map with all the countries names. I finally checked the back cover of my strategy guide! The seven nations of Ivalice are: Gallione, Fovoham, Lesalia, Zeltennia, Limberry, Lionel, and Mullonde.

Edgar
03-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Great pic! (aside from the dots hurting my eyes) :P