PDA

View Full Version : Exactly who was Kid. [SPOILERS]

darkchrono
02-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Exactly who was she. I know she was kind of a thief who lived in an orphanage under Lucca's care I believe.

But I never understood this whole backstory of her being a clone of Schala. How was she a clone of Schala. And if so, what was she made a clone for.

Why was she chasing Serge around at the beginning of the game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
02-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Kid's purpose was to rescue Serge when he was in danger of drowning in the ocean as a child.

The Man
02-23-2004, 09:38 PM
What kishi said. I also believe she was supposed to protect him in the present timeline, although it's more his body that she was protecting (after all he *was* the Chrono Trigger) than his soul (which explains why, when Serge and Lynx swap bodies, she swaps sides).

As a side note, I'm surprised that when she learned of her identity and purpose, she didn't have an existential crisis, but we can chalk that up to disc two of Chrono Cross being complete and utter crap. (As opposed to disc one, which was godly).

Shouldn't this thread have a spoiler warning on it?

Chibi Youkai
02-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Yes, it does make sense that when Lynx and Serge switched bodies she swithed sides. But isn't it just a tad obvious that something was wrong, different chlothing and a very different personality, not to mention a rather serious weapon change?

The Man
02-25-2004, 12:48 AM
Serge and Lynx didn't switch weapons until Serge landed in the Cleft of Dimensions. Before that, Lynx (in Serge's body) wields Serge's Sea Swallow and Serge (in Lynx's) wields Lynx's traditional scythe.

Kid noticed that Serge and Lynx had switched bodies, but not until Lynx mentioned Lucca. Then, it was plain as day to her. It just didn't really matter to her, since her job was to protect Serge's body.

Chibi Youkai
02-25-2004, 12:53 AM
Yes, that is true, but are you stating that basically that her "imputted" instincts took over her memories?

Did I even make sense with that?

darkchrono
02-25-2004, 06:19 AM
hmmm, I still have a few questions. Maybe I didn't pay close enough attention while playing chrono cross to really get the confusing storyline.

If Kid's purpose was to save serge from drowning than why was she unable to save him and he still drowned.

How did Schala know that a person named Serge would become so important. And what made Serge the chrono trigger in the first place. And exactly what is the chrono trigger.

And were you guys able to get all these answers just from playing the game. Or did you read some chrono cross guide book or something that gave you hints about the storyline.

The Man
02-25-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Chibi Youkai
Yes, that is true, but are you stating that basically that her "imputted" instincts took over her memories? Pretty much. The way I understand the plot, no one from Another World had complete control over their actions until FATE was defeated. Of course, this also resulted in plenty of other disastrous consequences; on the other hand, I believe the main reason Kid is so quick to want to destroy FATE is because of the control it exerts over her.

Originally posted by darkchrono
If Kid's purpose was to save serge from drowning than why was she unable to save him and he still drowned.Basically, Kid's actions are what cause the timeline split. Another World is the timeline in which FATE has control, and therefore Serge doesn't survive. In Home World, FATE doesn't have control any longer for some reason (I think this is due to Kid's actions, again), and therefore, Serge does survive. Pretty much everything that's different between the two timelines is explained by the presence/absence of FATE, although FATE does still seem to exert some influence over both timelines (the absence of all seven Dragon Gods in Home World, for example).

And were you guys able to get all these answers just from playing the game. Or did you read some chrono cross guide book or something that gave you hints about the storyline. There's a few very well-written guides out there on the Internet, although they contradict each other somewhat. I'll edit this post with links to them in a minute when I find them.

Edit:

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/psx/cc/story.shtml
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/chrono_cross_ultimania_translations_a.txt

ForeverZeroUltima
02-27-2004, 01:45 AM
i figured it all out from playing the game the first time through :D

what baffles me is the fact that in disc 2, when kid woke up after you remove FATE from the face of the earth, she sees you and says nothing. NOthing! she just runs over to the fake Frozen Flame!

The Man
02-27-2004, 01:47 AM
I can't remember that scene well at all, but I think it was the fake Frozen Flame. If memory serves, you don't find the real one until you reach the top of Terra Tower or whatever it was called.

By the way, there's no need for spoiler tags in a thread that's already marked with a spoiler warning. ;)

ForeverZeroUltima
02-28-2004, 03:21 AM
oh yeah, ok *changes it back*

Chibi Youkai
03-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Yes, the real one is at the Terra Tower.

Edgar
03-23-2004, 11:19 AM
How can there be two Frozen Flame, or rather, WHAT is the Frozen Flame in Chronopolis? Isn't it the original?

I believe that there is only ONE Frozen Flame and it was used by Fate. When FATE died, the Dragon Gods obtained the same Frozen Flame from Chronopolis and placed it at Terra Tower (aka Dinopolis). I do not remember any dialouge evidences that the one in Chronopolis is fake.

Chibi Youkai
03-23-2004, 11:54 PM
I believe I do, I just can't remember. The developer's ending is currently overcrowding my thoughts at this particular moment, so who knows. I just remember it somewhere.