PDA

View Full Version : I need a place to level-up (minor spoilers)

Sefie1999AD
02-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 3 and my party is around level 29. I try to do some side stuff before going to Hotspots, but the Fiends are horribly hard. Some use extremely powerful spells that hit the whole party (Macalania travel agency battles), some get oversouled and that way get extremely hard and some use status ailments that really mess the party up (Ochus with automatic poison/confuse added to their physical attack). Where's a good place to beat up enemies for lots of EXP with relative ease, without having to worry too much about the party being wiped out?

And one more question. Is there a place to get/buy accessories that protect against Confusion. If I can get my guys girls immune to Confusion, I could easily beat those Ochus.

Siwolae
02-24-2004, 04:17 AM
go to Luca and get your hands on the Lady Luck dressphere. once you mastered the "double EXP" thingy, you'll be powered up in no time. go to Zanarkand Ruins or Thunder Plains to power up. ^_^

eternalshiva
02-24-2004, 09:51 AM
The underground cave in Calm Lands is also fun, where the rogue fayth was ... err Yojimbo I think. Err but you need to be a bit up more than level 29 to venture in that cave and ponder survival xD

Giga Guess
02-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Go through Via Infinito. The graduation of enemies makes it so you both:

a) Level up quickly, and
b) USUALLY are not overwhelmed.

Trust me. If you finish it with a level less than 80, you deserve a medal. Also, if you beat Jumbo Cactuar, it's a great place to learn abilities.

[ Edit: ] Ooops! I missed the Chapter 3 thing. I'd say, though, that it's not a where thing, as much as a with what. Lady Luck with Double EXP anywhere means fast level ups. And Black Chokers can be bought at pretty much any accessory shops at this point. Try Bikanel @ the Oasis, I think.

Sefie1999AD
02-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Never mind, I've finished the game already. :p But about Via Infinito, isn't that place extremely long and hard?

Siwolae
02-29-2004, 12:49 AM
yes, but you don't have to beat it to get 100%. ^_^

J3cht
03-07-2004, 05:25 AM
ok ...im playing through the game and i fear that ive missed the dark knight dress sphere ( i only want it coz it sounds cool XD ) im up to the ( i think ) chapter 5 just about to jump in the hole ( i also fear im coming to the end of the game if so, this game was way to short for my liking )
Ok so my one question ( awnser yes or no...dont want to be given it on a plate ) is have a missed the dark knight dress shere?:eep:

Sefie1999AD
03-07-2004, 09:47 AM
I decided to give the Awesome Sphere to New Yevon, so I can always enter Bevelle and its temple, and go through the dungeon where you get the Dark Knight dress sphere. So you can still get the dress sphere as long as you're allowed to get inside the temple and the labyrinth.