PDA

View Full Version : a couple of questions (spoilers)

razor248725
02-24-2004, 09:33 AM
1. ok so i have tidus' celestial weapon and i got both of his tokens (sun crest and sun sigil). i thought when you have both of these his celestial weapon is spposed to get abilities other than no AP, like break damage or somthing. what am i doing wrong here??? do i have to equip it first??

2. just a question on the story here. they said that yu yevon was once a summoner and that he summoned sin and yu yeven went inside him so he could be eternal, blah blah, but what i dont get is that i thought that the only reason summoners were around is so they could eventually defeat sin, and yu yevon was a summoner also, so who did he lean it from and why was he a summoner if there was no sin??

thanx in advance

The Rogerer
02-24-2004, 10:21 AM
1. You have to go to where you activated the Celestial Mirror in Macalania Woods to use the Crest and Sigil.

2. Well, summoners didn't come about just to defeat Sin, they were obviously around before then and I guess they just summoned for laughs :). However, ever since Sin started going around doing nastiness all summoners devoted themselves to beating Sin...

Big D
02-24-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by razor248725
1. ok so i have tidus' celestial weapon and i got both of his tokens (sun crest and sun sigil). i thought when you have both of these his celestial weapon is spposed to get abilities other than no AP, like break damage or somthing. what am i doing wrong here??? do i have to equip it first??You have to take the weapon and tokens to the spirit living at the top of the shimmering pathway in Macalania Woods. The spirit asks if you want to complete the weapon, gaining its full power. The same is true for all celestial weapons.

2. just a question on the story here. they said that yu yevon was once a summoner and that he summoned sin and yu yeven went inside him so he could be eternal, blah blah, but what i dont get is that i thought that the only reason summoners were around is so they could eventually defeat sin, and yu yevon was a summoner also, so who did he lean it from and why was he a summoner if there was no sin??

thanx in advance The Fayth Bahamut explains this, and the other Fayth add bits and pieces of the story, but it's cryptic. When Bevelle's forced destroyed Zanarkand, the surviving Summoners and citizens allowed their spirits to be extracted and preserved in statues. They became Fayth - the Summoners' spirits are the Fayth that allow the summoners like Yuna to call Aeons, while the regular Zanarkand people ended up as the Fayth Cluster on Mount Gagazet. Yevon called on these Fayth and created the Dream Zanarkand, where there was no magic and no summoners, also no war and few fiends. This is the dream world that Jecht and Tidus existed in, a vast illusory construct, preserving a culture's best memories and hopes. Yu Yevon himself, however, wanted vengeance on Bevelle, and to punish the world for its destructive nature, especially its use of machina weapons. To that end, summoned Sin, the eternal unholy armour that shields him while he continues to dream the waking dream of Zanarkand. However, that alone isn't enough to sustain his existence. Sin's continued presence ensures stability in the world, since progress is halted and the people are forced to obey the teachings of Yevon. But there needs to be a balance, something to counter Sin. That's where Yunalesca and the later summoners come in. The Final Summoning can destroy Sin, giving Spira a few years of peace and hope; however the Final Summoning also provides Yu Yevon with a new Aeon to possess and control, a new dream to manipulate and use.
Now, you're wondering why Yevon was a summoner if there was no Sin in his time...
The Summoners of Zanarkand are different to the summoners of Yuna's time. I don't believe they got their power from Fayth, rather it was a natural ability they had. Most Summoners could call one Aeon, for example the young boy Fayth could shape his own spirit into the dragon Bahamut; the swordsman and his dog could unite and unleash Yojimbo and Daigoro. When Zanarkand fell, these Summoners became Fayth so that their power could be preserved and used by later generations, protected from Bevelle's onslaught. Basically, Zanarkand-style summoning was more the traditional white and black magic, a power from within the individual rather than one that was granted.

razor248725
03-01-2004, 04:59 AM
also ive just thought of a new question after beating ffX for the first time yesterday (finally!): at the start of the game in dream zanarkand, how does tidus know who auron is?? they have never even met from what i know. they never mentioned anything about tidus knowing him beforehand in the game.

DocFrance
03-01-2004, 05:17 AM
Actually, Auron had been living in Zanarkand for the past nearly ten years before the opening scene. After he died and Sin was recreated, he was able to ride Sin to Zanarkand, and because he was unsent, he could easily live in a dream world. He had been living as Tidus's foster father, if you will, during that time. That's why you see some flashbacks - like Auron telling Tidus how he cost his team a blitzball game, and that he was expecting him to be crying; or Tidus asking Auron about how he wasn't originally from Zanarkand.