PDA

View Full Version : Tooth care

Flying Mullet
02-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Let's talk tooth care. Are you good about brushing your teeth, flossing, using mouthwash, etc... or are you leaving your oral hygiene in the hands of the Mt. Dew and pizza roll gods?

Me, I brush my teeth twice a day, rinse with Plax and Listerine before bed and floss about once a month. I don't know why but I sleep so much better when I have a clean mouth.

Breine
02-25-2004, 05:44 PM
I brush my teeth twice a day... and that's about it. :D

ShiggtyLuffLuff
02-25-2004, 05:45 PM
I brush me teeth about once a night and use mouth wash twice a day..hardly ever floss

Yamaneko
02-25-2004, 05:46 PM
I brush at least twice a day, usually three times though. I floss sometimes, but I have that water pik thing (it shoots a high powered stream of water into your mouth). I don't have any cavities. :)

Harmless Pigeon
02-25-2004, 06:54 PM
I brush twice and then I mouth wash. I later collapse.

Rainecloud
02-25-2004, 07:34 PM
I brush my teeth twice a day (with a cool and expensive spinning brush type thing) and I also use floss.

I always try to take good care of my teeth.

Brian The Pink Shark
02-25-2004, 07:36 PM
I used to hardly ever brush my teeth, it serves me right, now that I need a brace:choc:

Rainecloud
02-25-2004, 07:40 PM
I don't think neglecting your teeth in that fashion will result in you needing a brace, Squinn. Regardless of whether or not you actually brush your teeth, they will come through in a certain fashion. A lot of people who take great care of their teeth need braces, purely due to the fact that their teeth come through their gums in an awkward way (IE - pointing in the wrong directions).

Dr Unne
02-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I brush my teeth once a day, if that. I think I flossed once when I was in 3rd grade, but that might be my imagination. I find it hard to care so long as I can chew solid food. My former roommate the future dentist said that this country is one of the very few where people actually care about having "perfect" teeth, whatever "perfect" might mean. I want to move somewhere where people don't care.

Flying Mullet
02-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Perfect teeth aren't much motivation for me. It's the fact that without preventive care your teeth can hurt like hell that I take care of my teeth.

Peegee
02-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Not flossing = inflamed gums. Yes your teeth aren't falling off now, but they prolly will later. Of course by then you'll rationalise that it's 'what happens to old people'.

Blah blah. I brush twice a day typically, depending on sleep schedule.

Kirobaito
02-25-2004, 10:50 PM
I brush twice a day. I floss once a week.

Nait
02-25-2004, 10:52 PM
If I go to school, twice a day. Othervise, just before bed.

Rye
02-25-2004, 10:58 PM
I brush twice a day and use listerine. I don't really floss much though.

Erdrick Holmes
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Let's talk tooth care. Are you good about brushing your teeth, flossing, using mouthwash, etc... or are you leaving your oral hygiene in the hands of the Mt. Dew and pizza roll gods?

I like the cut of your jib boyo.

I'm a lazy fokker when it comes to toothcare, I rinse my mouth out with Lysterine every morning and I brush my teeth only a few times a week. Surprisingly my teeth are good shape most of the time, people think that I have good teeth DNA or something. Is there such thing as a gene where your teeth cannot rot due to sugars or acids in colas?

escobert
02-25-2004, 11:13 PM
I brush em everynight

Auron_Kotetsu
02-26-2004, 12:55 AM
Depends on how lazy I'm feeling. Sometimes, eh, I'll pop a Coke before bed and just say, screw it, Coke and toothpase taste bad mixed. Sometimes I'll get all neurotic and brush them like crazy.

I tried an experiment once. You know how people always say that if you leave a tooth in a glass of Coke overnight, it'll be all wrecked, or dissolve, by morning? Well I did that once when I lost a molar, and you know what happened? Nothing. Squat. Tooth wasn't even slightly discolored in the morning.

Ever since then, I've felt cheated, and have rebelled by inconsistently brushing. Good idea? Probably not.

black orb
02-26-2004, 01:05 AM
>>> I use floss everyday, and brush like 2 or 3 times in a day..
I dont like plax and listerine because taste horrible..

fire_of_avalon
02-26-2004, 01:33 AM
I brush twice a day and whenever my teeth feel dirty. I don't use mouthwash or floss though. I should floss. Or get one of those mechanical flossy things. My teeth are in good shape, but I should've had braces when I was younger. Oh well.

escobert
02-26-2004, 01:34 AM
Yup I get them really easy. I have super soft teeth so they break a lot. I have one cavitie right now I want it gone.

Flying Mullet
02-26-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Auron_Kotetsu
I tried an experiment once. You know how people always say that if you leave a tooth in a glass of Coke overnight, it'll be all wrecked, or dissolve, by morning? Well I did that once when I lost a molar, and you know what happened? Nothing. Squat. Tooth wasn't even slightly discolored in the morning.
I've heard that it's a nail (metal hammering-type nail) that you're supposed to leave in a galss of coke and in about four days it'll be conpletely disolved.

eternalshiva
02-26-2004, 03:44 AM
*shudders* can you imagine what that does to you? or even that MacDonald orange juice stuff? I've seen it stain tables and even Javex couldn't clean it *shudders more* I brush my teeth every day.

Jebus
02-26-2004, 03:46 AM
I brush before school, and if I remember I do it a few hours before bed. I only floss when I remember to buy some, or if I can find it.

Calliope
02-26-2004, 05:51 AM
I brush my teeth with HULK PASTE! No other toothpaste will do.

Spuuky
02-26-2004, 05:53 AM
Hulk Paste would be better if it had fluoride, though.

Calliope
02-26-2004, 05:56 AM
Who needs fluoride when it tastes four times stronger than normal sugary toothpaste?

Really? It doesn't have any? Bothers.

Peegee
02-26-2004, 10:09 AM
Brush with saltwater :)

Dragonflame
02-27-2004, 10:11 PM
I think I brushed my teeth once or twice. I can't remember when, though.

Tokki Wartooth
02-27-2004, 10:41 PM
I absolutely CANNOT sleep without brushing my teeth.

I never floss, though. My dentist tells me to start flossing more each time I see him, and each time I tell him "Yes sir," and then I usually floss that night, then never again for teh next 6 months until I see him again.

Azrael85
02-27-2004, 11:01 PM
I brush at least once a day; usually twice. I rarely use mouthwash or floss... probably should more often though.