PDA

View Full Version : shiva - vegnagun- anima - Magus sisters(spoilers most likely)

ice_devil
02-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Hello, i have only tried to take on shiva once and got killed. My paine is level 40,rik 38 and yuna 38.Was this enough to take all them down when u beat them or do i need to train up?

p.s are these the dark aeons?

Three6Mafia
02-27-2004, 09:28 PM
yea you should level up. i was high 50's low 60's on levels with my characters and it was a breeze. use the double EXP ability learned by the Lady Luck Dress Sphere to speed the process up.

SeeDRankLou
02-27-2004, 10:43 PM
They are dark versions of the aeons, but if you mean are they the dark aeons from FFX-Int, no they are not. They are not nearly that difficult. Yojimbo can be a real pain, and if you take way too long to beat the Magus Sisters their Delta Attack can obliterate you, but that's about as difficult as they get. I had more problems beating an Amorphous Gel + Protean Gel than I did most of the dark aeons in this game.

eternalshiva
02-27-2004, 10:46 PM
You should level up :/ I was at 75 and I was yawning through the fights :/ The magus sisters never got the chance to do their Delta attack :X

ice_devil
02-27-2004, 11:34 PM
thanks guys/girls i think im ready now, but i like the fights to be a challenge though otherwise its a bit of a yawn

Giga Guess
02-28-2004, 02:30 AM
I think I beat them at fairly low levels.....I dunno. I can't remember what I used on 'em pre-Iron Duke. I know I did use an Alchemist. I never had a tough time on any of 'em though.

Radje
03-02-2004, 02:29 PM
I took them on at levels 43, 38 and 37 and i destroyed them pretty easily. shiva was a breeze and the Magus sisters olnly took longer because there was 3 of them. Anima caused no problems and vegnagun was abnormally easy. I'm really depressed at this game. sure it's a good game it's just not a good final fantasy in my opinion.

Psychotic
03-02-2004, 07:36 PM
I took them on at level 34 with abysmal jobs like Black Mage, White Mage and warrior and beat the dark aeons, but gave up against Vegnagun because I couldn't kill the nodes (I know NOW you can't kill them, but I didn't then)

But then when I tried again I used Alchemist - Dark Knight - Dark Knight and pwned everything in sight.

Mo-Nercy
03-05-2004, 08:03 AM
I was on about level 30 with everyone but managed to beat Shiva easily with default dress spheres.

Magus Sisters? Shut up, shut up.. I'm leveling now.

eternalshiva
03-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Al Bhed³
Magus Sisters? Shut up, shut up.. I'm leveling now.

ROTFL xD

zoti
03-06-2004, 08:35 AM
i have deafeted dark valefor (then i was at lv. 23) and dark ifrit (at lv. 24) now i gonne take down dark yojimbo.. but im only lv. 26 (yuna) lv.27 with paine ande rikku.... but i can't deafet him!! (argh...) on wich lv. did you guys take him down??

jochirin
03-08-2004, 08:32 AM
yojimbo is a pain in the ass if you havent leveld enogh... a tip is to change all chars to hard hitters mabey warior and always remove poison and never heal more then one hi potion caus its waist of turns (zanamato)

Halenite
03-12-2004, 04:16 PM
I was at level 50 and Vegnagun was as easy as the dark Bahamut.

Linus J
03-21-2004, 10:47 PM
I was at lvl 40 when taking on the aeons, lvled a bit on the way to vegnagun, and was about lvl 45 when I got there. Best tactic for me was white mage/dark knight/dark knight. Missed the alchemist :/
First time when I tried using gunner or songstress with yuna I got my butt kicked by shuyin, he was easy with 2 dark knights though.

zacks_clone
03-22-2004, 12:33 AM
i was vry surpised the game was easly beaten like that. Erm...level 48,50,52 i think were mine(yuna,paine,rikku). Darknights and a alchemist to throw megapotions.BREEZED through. I couldnt beleive how easy it was.shocked.SHOCKED

EternalBahamut
03-22-2004, 06:24 AM
I agree zacks_clone, if you are looking at burning through the story line it is not a long game, all the extras is what takes the time but like eternalshiva said, we just leveled up lots and it was a cake walk.

zoti
03-22-2004, 10:13 AM
i killd shiva in the 30 lvl's. had yuna warrior paine warrior and rikku white mage..... she was sooooo easy!! use you're flame tounge and have ice queen garment grid....she's gonne heal you all the time (almost)

the magus sisters aren't that hard because their only lvl. 43-45 mindy 9999 hp sandy 10000hp and cindy 12000 so all i did was: yuna= samurai 1500 per turn rikku= white mage to heal and paine whit blue gunner and use that flame ball

Skogs
03-23-2004, 12:10 AM
Yojimbo is a bit of an arse. What I recommend is giving one character two muscle belts, and make her a heavy hitting class, and your other two should be alchemists who fork out antidotes and mix potion+hi potion immediately once Zanmato is cast. Have your heavy hitter (Paine, I'd say) pummel away and use your alchemists to cure poison, revive, maybe take the occaisional pot-shot and most importantly, be ready to mix a mega-potion. Always make sure that one of your alchemists has a full ATB bar so that you can set up the mix during the Zanmato animation. I accidentally inputted commands to all three characters once, and Yojimbo Zanmato'd me. The characters then performed the commands I inputted before the Zanmato, and proceeded to get wiped out before I could heal up.

The One Winged Angel
03-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I beat Vegnagun at level 40 first time through, 2 Black Knights using Darkness and a white mage using Cura, that's what i did for the entire last section of the game after you jump in the holes, was so damend easy. Don't remember Shiva though... :/

Linus J
04-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by zoti
i killd shiva in the 30 lvl's. had yuna warrior paine warrior and rikku white mage..... she was sooooo easy!! use you're flame tounge and have ice queen garment grid....she's gonne heal you all the time (almost)

the magus sisters aren't that hard because their only lvl. 43-45 mindy 9999 hp sandy 10000hp and cindy 12000 so all i did was: yuna= samurai 1500 per turn rikku= white mage to heal and paine whit blue gunner and use that flame ball

Yojimbo is pretty easy if you've got 1 alchemist and 2 characters doing damage. Just get some accesory to guard against poison, and something with constant regen or SOS regen. And then use stash mega potions over and over again and hope for good timing.