PDA

View Full Version : my threads

Gandalf The Grey
02-27-2004, 10:56 AM
is there any thread i can start that DOESN'T already exist and therefore gets closed after two replies?:mad2: :mad: :grr: :frust: :grumble:

Skogs
02-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Threads tend to need a point, or to be able to start something resembling a conversation in order not to be closed...

Loony BoB
02-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Congratulations! This one was closed after one reply.

If it's a thread that's already been started, you can't blame us for closing it. Try posting replies to other threads and if you feel inspired to make a thread, just make it - but you'll find that the very general topics such as personality / friends / etc are already done... of course, if your thread has no real topic/purpose or is deemed UNCLEAN, it'll probably get closed anyway.

Actually I'll open this one now so everyone can talk about how often repeat threads come up or something.

Congratulations! This is not a repeat thread. Well, it is, but the other ones that are like it are long gone.

Bahamut2000X
02-27-2004, 11:50 AM
You should just be original in your topics for your threads. Like make one about rubber ducks and uses for them. Or how many pokes does it take to get a hungry rabid grizzly bear to attack you.

That way your garunteed to have a very original topic.

Oh ya and umm about repeating topics. I'm so cool I don't even one of the same kind while another one goes on. I just do it 6 months after when it's already very old. :cool:

Mikztsu
02-27-2004, 11:55 AM
This is a repeat thread x 3. :-) At least.

I've been here for over 3 years now, and most of the threads seems to be repeatative, naturally. But as long as they come in long span, I don't mind too much because my opinion/s might have changed or I might have even something more to add.

Xander
02-27-2004, 12:09 PM
The only reason I closed one of your threads is because there was a topic discussing what you made your thread about already and it was still quite active. ^_^

We have nothing against you, we just have to try and keep the forums clean and organised and so on. If people are posting the same ideas in two different threads, there's not much point having two threads.

It's probably just best to check before you make a thread that there isn't a recent one around already. Anyway..don't feel too bad, forums take a while to get used to ^^

Gandalf The Grey
02-27-2004, 01:15 PM
confused: xander i thought you closed two of my threads

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43548

and

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43505

but please, if i'm wrong, tell me

luke webster
02-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Stop compaining Gandalf the Grey... or should i say, Dan Marsay, the Fallen Ginger One! He must be embarrassed and humiliated! MUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!

:radred: :evilking: :radred:

Gandalf The Grey
02-27-2004, 01:24 PM
who is 'Dan Marsay' and 'The Fallen Ginger One' you speak of?

Peegee
02-27-2004, 02:17 PM
I told those jerks at admin to sticky my post about what deems a good thread. They didn't. I got mad and burned down Sean's pillow. They chased me out of California. I'm now living in the outskirts of Arizona plotting my revenge and eventual capture of LAS VEGAS!!!

escobert
02-27-2004, 02:58 PM
No PG no. You're really in mexico.

Flying Mullet
02-27-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Gandalf The Grey
confused: xander i thought you closed two of my threads

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43548

and

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43505

but please, if i'm wrong, tell me If you create a thread when a similar one already exsists (i.e. there already was a favorite FF game thread when you created yours) then it will be closed. We only need one thread on a topic at a time on the boards, otherwise they will get cluttered with multiple duplicate threads. If you have an opinion on a topic that's already started, add a reply to the existing thread, don't create a new one.

Peegee
02-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Mexico is sexy. Not to be confused with MAXico

Enoki
02-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
Mexico is sexy. Not to be confused with MAXico

although maxico CAN BE quite sexy when given the oppurtunity and the right weather combination.

Mikztsu
02-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Why he got banned?

Rainecloud
02-27-2004, 07:31 PM
I misread your name as 'Gandalf the Gay'. Hoo.

xD

Topic: I don't really mind threads like this, because they're amusing.

Shoeberto
02-27-2004, 09:31 PM
<font color="#009999">
I thought all your threads were super keen :thumbsup: