PDA

View Full Version : Favorite FF Couple?

Imperia
02-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Which FF couple is your most favorite out of all of them?

Del Murder
02-27-2004, 05:44 PM
I thought the love story aspect was done better in IX than in VIII myself, and that those two had more chemistry.

Aphelion
02-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Zidane and Garnet. This love story was really good.

Breine
02-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Garnet and Zidane's relationship was very Love-ish :D

Sefie1999AD
02-27-2004, 07:29 PM
I liked Zidane and Dagger's love story. It's not full of happiness and love-love-kiss-kiss scenes, but there are dark moments too. I actually like that feature because it's more realistic that way. Yet they still make a good couple, IMHO. I like it how they support each other in their hardships, like in the scene when Zidane's about to lose himself and abandon all his friends in Pandemonium. Great stuff.

zacks_clone
02-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Vincent and Lucretia.The bitter love story.I probly like that couple the best because it is one of tragety and sorrow and pain but yet, desire and love.

Xander
02-27-2004, 09:23 PM
Zidane and Garnet *nod*
They began with an unlikely friendship, and it built up from there through the entire game. By the end I really felt like they had some sort of "love".

With Squall and Rinoa, I don't know, I haven't played much of FFVIII but it seems like they kinda fall in love from nowhere. And even Yuna and Tidus, as much as I like them together, they didn't really seem to have much reason to fall in love except that he was a guy who was there.

Zidane and Garnet were there for each other, and they brought out the best in each other, without the love being thrown in your face. It was more realistic and just made me love the ending of FFIX over any other FF I've finished. <3

JseanjohnC
02-28-2004, 12:30 AM
both wakka and lulu are one of my fav characters of all time.

PeTeRL90
02-28-2004, 04:39 AM
Oh man... tough call between Zidane/Garnet and Locke/Rachael.

I'mma go with Zidane and Garnet though.

Kirobaito
02-28-2004, 04:48 AM
Zidane and Garnet. I don't need to explain myself, it's already been said. Their love had reason behind it.

Edgar
02-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks for reminding me about Zidane and Garnet :P

You can feel the love between Zidane and Garnet. The love story between both of them is just top-notch.

FFVIII went a bit, no, more like, went REALLY too far.

Locke and Rachel was a good one, but too bad Rachel isn't a PC in the game :D

Steiner and Beatrix is...undecided. I don't know whether if theirs is good or bad.

The Man
03-01-2004, 01:57 AM
Edge and Rydia are my kind of couple:

EDGE: Now Rydia, this is where you get off. Leave the bad guys to us. You just stay here and be a good little girl!
RYDIA: ...You'd better be kidding, because I'd hate to be you if you weren't. Let me tell you what I'd do to some pig who talked to me like that. I'd end his reproductive years rather quickly.

[Rydia turns her back on Edge and leaves as well.]

EDGE: Rydia... That was kinda below the belt. I don't blame you for being a 8!+¢# to me... God, I'll miss you.

---

EDGE: Preach on, brother! I make it my personal responsibility to be a bastion of virtue!

[Rydia looks skeptically at Edge.]

RYDIA: 'Bastion of virtue!' What the hell are you talking about!? It's almost a miracle that someone like you didn't get possessed by Zemus!
EDGE: This pretty face, evil? That'd be a crying shame!*votes accordingly*

escobert
03-01-2004, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
Vincent and Lucretia.The bitter love story.I probly like that couple the best because it is one of tragety and sorrow and pain but yet, desire and love.
same here

Evil Looking Teddy
03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm torn on Zidane/Garnet and Squall/Rinoa.

Someone mentioned that the fact that Squall and Rinoa fall in love out of nowhere seems unrealistic, I don't think it is, falling in love just kinda happens, it's bound to happen out of nowhere, it's happened for me.

Marcus
03-02-2004, 08:11 PM
Cecil and Rosa...

The only NORMAL relationship I could find in the Final Fantasy's that I've played.

The Man
03-04-2004, 03:19 AM
Leaving your boyfriend for his best friend because his best friend has more power isn't exactly something I'd class as "normal."

Dreadlock
04-06-2004, 03:30 AM
Cloud+tifa

ShadyMilkman
04-24-2004, 03:42 AM
Vincent and Lucrecia hands down. The passion the man had for his love. How he never gave up on her. How he never could forget her, no matter how long he was forced to sleep. Her love of science, his love for her. The sin, the retribution, hte golden arm thigny that was shiny. It's just magnificiant.

Teh_Sephiroth
04-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Cloud+tifa

Agreed.

Death Sign
04-29-2004, 11:05 AM
I would love...
HEH... Zidane... and Celes... just if it was possible... (Know I problebly spelled wrong!)

But if it where serios... Zidane & Freya... or Zidane & Garnet... or if it was possible Zidane and Rikku!!!

aeris2001x2
04-29-2004, 03:17 PM
nothing touches clouds and aeris's tragic love with cloud and tifas painful love very close.

that said i did love zidane with garnet for its realistic friendship development. squall and rinoas i liked purely 4 its inane teenage-ness.

i did love yuna and tidus cause of the ffx end and how sad there parting was. ffx-2 did undermine that slightly but even in that u got the sense there relationship would remain a hard but enduring one.

i didnt think ff6 love was that developed though. i actually thought terra love 4 the children was the best. when i play ff4 i,m really looking forward to the cecil/rosa/kain love triangle i keep hearing about.

Polaris
04-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Irvine and Selphie!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing worst... I'm kidding.

Probably..... let me think........................ I'm thinking! ............................. my brains are on fire! Okay, Cloud and Aeris.

Outsider
04-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Setzer and Daryl, they had a nice relationship based on love, gambling and airships.

I would vote for Rydia and Edge, but they weren't really a couple...

m4tt
04-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Where is Zell and Seifer?

Oh well, Wakka and Lulu are pretty cool. I dig how Lulu can be pregnant and not gain a pound

DM Rivula
05-13-2004, 02:50 AM
Zidane and Garnet!!!!!!!! FF9 is mosly a love story based around them!!

Lamia
05-14-2004, 02:19 PM
that said i did love zidane with garnet for its realistic friendship development.

That is why Zidane and Garnet takes the cake. It was so realistic... and the dialogue and the scenes were great. And the ending was just
heart lifting. :love:

zacks_clone
05-14-2004, 07:27 PM
"Now that I know your alive,I'm going to kill you!!!!!!"

Yeah...the Garnet/Zid love was oh so romantic;)

Vaan
05-24-2004, 10:43 AM
Zidane and Garnet were perfect together. I could totally feel the love unlike most other FF games. Cloud+Tifa/ Cloud+Aeris seems good, but it wasn't really intended to be that way.

Armisael
05-24-2004, 12:01 PM
i believe too that garnet-zidane is great couple.their love is so romantic!