PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Cartoons/Children's Shows of the Present.

Imperia
02-27-2004, 06:23 PM
We've had cartoons and children's shows that have annoyed us in the past, but what about the ones of today? Which ones annoy you now-whether you watch them or not?

Breine
02-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Hmm... Well in general I like cartoons and stuff, but 'Beyblade' is really, really lame...! :eep: Can't take it...

White Raven
02-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Any of the new Disney ones...bring back Recess and Doug!

Advent Child
02-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Spongebob squarepants is ABYSMAL and all of the 16-year-old "punk" kids who like it because it's random are retarded.

Beyblade is bad, too. So is everything on the fox box, save the ninja turtles.

Erdrick Holmes
02-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Spoungbob Sh*tpants.

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, Stargate Infinity, Sonic Underground, Static Shock... its all crap.

Erdrick Holmes
02-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Question, by Sonic Underground do you mean Sonic X on Fox or aare you talking of something else?

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2004, 01:38 AM
I mean Sonic Underground, the show called Sonic Underground. Its on weekday mornings on UPN

Erdrick Holmes
02-28-2004, 01:39 AM
Oh, well I never heard of it, is it one of those Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons or is it something else?

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2004, 01:47 AM
It's Sonic the hedgehog, yes. And it sucks.

Kirobaito
02-28-2004, 02:23 AM
**shudder** Pokemon...

I don't watch TV. I only watch my old Beast Wars, or Jeopardy. And the Simpsons. But nothing else.

Jack
03-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Beyblade, Yu-Gi-Oh, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, Stargate Infinity, Sonic Underground, Static Shock... its all crap.

Agreed. As is....
The Shiny Show (About Shiny Things.....gggghhh)
Ministry Of Mayhem (Bring back SM:TV Live!!!)
SpongeBob Square Pants (I'm 16, and it's still crap)
Ivor Of the Yukon (CRAP, CRAP, F***ING CRAP)
Pokémon (Rubbish as hell)

Anything on CITV (ITV In The UK) is crap. Especially if it has that Micheal guy on it......(He's on everything!!!)

Marcus
03-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I kinda like Spongebob... It's just mindless humour, which is nice every once in a while. And patrick is absolutely the funniest cartoon character ever. And I'm an adult. I've seen hundreds of different cartoons fly by, but SpongeBob is one of the funniest.

Dragonball Z. Now thats pure sh*te. Putting together 5 episodes of the same 2 people fighting each other, is the result of hiring bad writers and artists. Ridiculous.

Del Murder
03-03-2004, 02:22 AM
Static Shock, Jackie Chan Adventures. Jacke Chan doesn't even do his own voiceovers. Static Shock is dumb because there are plenty of superheros to make a show about, you don't need to start making them up.

There aren't really any good cartoons on nowadays, except Justice League. X-Men Evolution is good sometimes. I'm not a big Anime fan and that seems to be the trend right now. How many different 'my robot/cards/monsters can beat your robot/cards/monsters' shows can they come up with before I have to kill someone?

EveningCross
03-03-2004, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry. I have a two-year old daughter that constantly watches GPTV (for those that aren't from U.S. that means Georgia Public Television) and she is the only child I know that will not watch Sesame Street, Barney or any of the other shows on the channel because they only show the same four epsiodes every week (despite the fact that Sesame Street has been on for 30 years). Because of this, she now watches this new show called "Boohbah" It is awful. It is about these colored creatures that resemble Grimmace from McDonald's commercials. Actually they're like a cross between overweight Power Rangers and Teletubbies. What the funk!?! I absolutely deteste these things but since it's a change of pace my daughter adores them. Blehhh.

Angyles Cerddoriaeth
03-03-2004, 03:10 PM
when my son was younger i had to watch the idiot programming of today...he is now 8 and is moving beyond cartoons thank god! the cartoons of today are awful. they really need to bring back the classics ie: voltron, thundercats, gi joe, transformers ((first seasnon)). kids are not as stupid as tv executives think they are. the shows today are just lowering the iq

Todie
03-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Kim Possible is horrible.......a naked mole rat for a sidekick??????
Everytime i visit my cousin, she HAS to watch it.
Pretty much every cartoon on the Disney channel and Nickelodeon now suck.
What ever happened to Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry on Saturday mornings?

PeTeRL90
03-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Just about 3/4's of Nick Cartoons. Maybe except for the new episodes of Rugrats. I grew up with the Rugrats, and I still love the cartoon.

But if I were to name some; Yu-Gi-Oh, That Teenage Robot cartoon, Chalkzone, Beyblades, and uhhh, some Disney shows and other stuff.

fire_of_avalon
03-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I don't like "The Oblongs"

Bahamut2000X
03-03-2004, 10:22 PM
I find most cartoons to generally suck now a days (excluding anime from this list as it's on a individual basis of sucking and not sucking)

Imperia
03-04-2004, 01:32 AM
I really like a lot of the ones of today. However, there are still those I don't like: Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Labratory, Powerpuff Girls (especially that self-centered, hateful brat Buttercup-ugh!), PB & J Otter (that noodle dance is ANNOYING!!), many of the cartoons with ugly characters, Ultimate Muscle (really ridiculous), the show Lizzie McGuire is annoying too. I mean, Duff's character is so stereotypical and she's so klutzy that it gets really old-and Lizzie's kind of like a Tsukino Usagi (Sailor Moon) wanna-be with that clumsiness.

EveningCross
03-16-2004, 03:09 AM
they really need to bring back the classics ie: voltron, thundercats, gi joe, transformers ((first seasnon))

Amen to that!!! Maybe I sound like an old man or something but these kids today have terrible TV programming. There's hardly anything good on anymore. I'll admit... I'm guilty of supporting the whole Yu-Gi-Oh! cartoon. I used to think that it was interesting but then I just got sick of it. After about 90 times you just get sick of the same old:
Player 1: " Master Blaster card!?! Perfect, that's just what I wanted you to use. (Insert maniacal laughter) Because I have my "If you use Master Blaster then I win" Card and so prepare for defeat..."
Player 2: "Ahhh! You fool!!! I had a face down trap card. It's none other than my "Anti- If you use Master Blaster then I win" Card" and so on...

And they'll go on for like 16 episodes like this. It's one of the reasons that I started not liking DBZ.

Whew... anyway, Voltron's drawing may have been a tad more... ahem... stale but it was cool for its time and I think that it would still do good today. (Minus Car Voltron) Man I hated that version. Somebody help!!!

Phil
03-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Dont even get me started. I am a rambler when it comes to tv.
Nickelodeon screwed up getting rid of Land of the lost, Camp Anawana, Wild and Crazy Kids, and a few other shows. Rugrats was overplayed, and Fairly Oddparents is their only good tv show now.
Disney... yeah.. dont cartoon. You just can't. Stick to acting
Cn- dont get me started. DBZ is a compilation of four or five spikey haired guys yelling and blowing the crap out of each other, dying, coming back to life even more powerfuller, and killing the other person after a waste of about 40 episodes and 20 hours of good tv air time. They got rid of a lot of good tv shows like Tenchi Muyo and Trigun (with what, 6 episodes?). Big O and Inu Yasha, the Oblongs (voiced by Will Ferrell), Family Guy and Futurama are pretty much all they have. Dexter's lab has crappy new animation along with other old shows like JOhnny bravo. SD Gundam-- thats an insult to gundam.. no... all of anime. in fact, thats not even anime at all. Thats just chibi robots that havent reached puberty beating each other. Kinda like Transformers, only not every word ends with -egatron.
WB Kids version - Beyblade, Flash whatever, Mucha Lucha, Drool Masters, Digimon... yes as if we need more horrible animation. Beyblade and Duel masters is a rip off of Anime, while digimon is a ripoff of pokemon which stank in the first place. Mucha Lucha is a show for english speaking people created by a board of deep thinkers who said "hey it would be cool if we had a show that taught kids to speak spanish". Little did they know that the majority of the US already spoke it.
Basically, animation and all tv has gone down the tubes, so I buy and read Manga. Its a heck of a lot more interesting than that Cartoon Cartoon Fridays Jiggle LIzard whatever thing they have going on..... sheesh...

Good shows however are-
Justice League
Inu Yasha
Family Guy
Simpsons
Big O
Oblongs
Trigun
FLCL
Android Kikaider the animation(which aired for a short time)
Fairly Oddparents
Boy Meets World (if you are a long time watcher of this show, you arent alone)
SNL
and of course, Rurouni Kenshin and .Hack//Sign

Max
03-16-2004, 06:04 PM
I really hate Yugioh, By the look in thier eyes it looks like their on drugs.

edczxcvbnm
03-16-2004, 06:08 PM
Awesome cartoons on TV

Static Shock
X-men
Yu-gi-oh
Garfield and Friends(my tv station still plays it....rock on)
Spongbob
Doug
Hey Arnold!

Thats all I can really think of right now

gokufusionss1
03-16-2004, 08:03 PM
The new transformers and the New He-man..............HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE MEMORY OF THESE CLASSIC CARTOONS!