PDA

View Full Version : Change in Opinions?

Imperia
02-27-2004, 06:37 PM
When you played FF X-2, did your opinion about Yuna really change, or did it remain the same?

It certainly changed with me. At first, I thought Yuna was too nicey-nice, and that her voice was too soft, but when I played X-2, I liked her a whole lot better. Her voice, though played by the same person, sounded better and less saccharine. I also came to believe that she was pressured into being a nicey-nice, goody-goody in FF X, and that she couldn't be her own person. I liked how she was able to break out of her shell in X-2.

Did you feel that change towards Yuna? Or did you feel different, or felt the same?

Sefie1999AD
02-27-2004, 07:24 PM
FFX-2 sure did change my opinion about Yuna, and only into the good direction. I've said this many times before, and I'll say it again: I think she changed from Zero to Hero.

Breine
02-27-2004, 07:50 PM
Well, yeah it did change... But in a good way :) She not such a shy, goody-good girl anymore... She's grown up.

Xander
02-27-2004, 09:07 PM
I think I like Yuna a lot more in FFX-2. I liked her in FFX but I just think she didn't say enough and she did too much for everyone else. Now she's doing more for herself which is good and she looks better too. ^_^
You can still see a bit of the old her in there too though, which is nice as it means she didn't change unrealistically into somebody else.

Sefie1999AD
02-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Xander
You can still see a bit of the old her in there too though, which is nice as it means she didn't change unrealistically into somebody else.

Well, I think Kimahri says something like this in the game (I think it was about Rikku, but I change all Rikkus into Yunas): "Yuna can change if she tries hard enough, but Yuna will still always be Yuna." Or like Dagger said, "Some day I will be a queen, but I'll always be myself." People can change their attitudes and views, for the better or worse, but they can't change who they basically are.

zacks_clone
02-27-2004, 11:10 PM
I think my opinion changed.I think I had less respect for her.She reminded me to much of a prissy friend at school.

Penance99999
03-21-2004, 04:11 AM
Good topic. My opinion changed. She was to slow and reserved when she spoke in FFX. She always paused and sounded so unatural when she spoke.

But in X-2 she sounded more confident and more herself. Playing X-2 made me appreciate her acting in X. I just thought she had a really poor voice actor. However, it was meant to be like that.

zacks_clone
03-21-2004, 01:44 PM
The americans barbie.Thats what she reminded me of alot, during most of the game.But,i must agree,she became more confident,more open with her feelings,more the 'act before you think' then the previouse X yuna, who was all 'think before you act'