PDA

View Full Version : Need help - Seymore

Jambo
02-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Well, I am about a quarter through the game (or so I think), and am now facing Seymore. I just can't seem to beat him, he's quite difficult. When he brings out his aeon, the Pain attack kills me every time, and I can't, generally cope with him.

He just confuses my players, and I can't attack him without (fifty percent of the time) hitting my own characters.

Any ideas how I can defeat him?

DocFrance
02-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Use one of your Aeons. They're immune to instant death attacks.

SeeDRankLou
02-27-2004, 10:52 PM
In this fight you have a new aeon that will easily kick his Anima's behind. So call her (Shiva). She has good defense, she is quick, and if you charge up her overdrive, her Diamond Dust will overkill Anima, not too mention she's just cool. And if you kill Anima with an aeon, Seymour will say some corny line after Anima's death.

As for Seymour, he's kind of easy if you know what he's doing, which you can. Have Kimari Scan Seymour. There should be something in the description telling you about the attack pattern that Seymour uses, which is always magical. So have Yuna cast the -Null spell that will counter Seymour's next attack, and Seymour will never hit you. After Anima dies, I think Seymour sometimes casts Flare, I can't remember. Just try to kill Seymour quickly after Anima dies and you should be fine.

Big D
02-28-2004, 04:27 AM
Also, when you're fighting Anima, have Shiva cast Blizzara on herself whenever her HP get low. As an ice-elemental, she'll absorb the damage and be healed.

Tidus45
03-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Same with Ifrit and Ixion, they to heal themselves with their element although i think he already knew that (at leats i hope he did)

xenapan
03-02-2004, 05:52 PM
useful to have more than 1 charater know the null spells. haste can help alot as well. just nul spell till you have all 4 elements, attack till he casts a spell, recast that element null, repeat till he summons anima. get yuna to summon aeons, attack with special attacks /overdrives and that should kill anima. then summon shiva to deal with seymore after anima dies. let get get overdrive by boosting her then overkill.