PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Ending worth it?

Sefie1999AD
02-28-2004, 01:59 PM
Is it worth it getting 100% and the perfect ending? From what I've heard, it's just a short added scene which doesn't answer too many questions, and it's not even in Full-Motion Video (FMV) form. I've finished the game one now, and I might replay it in the near future (New Game+) to get to 100 per cent, but I want to know if it's worth all that trouble.

Siwolae
02-29-2004, 12:40 AM
i used to think that it was not, but after viewing its significance in the game, i actually liked it. so in short, yes, it's worth getting though my favorite is still the good ending. ^_^

Three6Mafia
03-01-2004, 01:04 AM
nope i dont think so. ive already sold my game to the local video game store.

SeeDRankLou
03-01-2004, 08:33 PM
I think it was worth it. I think however it would have been more worth it if the Good Ending were more difficult to attain. The Good Ending was way to easy to get, I think you should have had to work a little harder than that to get Tidus back. Of course, if you press X at the Farplane at the end of Ch 3 four times without prior knowledge, then I suppose you deserve it, I don't know.

Siwolae
03-01-2004, 11:32 PM
good point SeedRankLou. the good ending was too easy to get. for a sequel whose main purpose is to find tidus, it sure didn't take that much work.

Sefie1999AD
03-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Siwolae
good point SeedRankLou. the good ending was too easy to get. for a sequel whose main purpose is to find tidus, it sure didn't take that much work.

I don't think the main purpose of FFX-2 was to find Tidus. Maybe Yuna left on her journey because she thought she had seen him on a sphere, but she actually saw Shuyin in that sphere, not Tidus. I think the game is more about Yuna's development from someone who does things to please other people to someone who does things because she wants to do it herself and because she chooses so.

And FFX-2's also about how the world is so divided with all the factions and how their differences almost start a new global war. You won't even see anything about Tidus - excluding Yuna's memories about him - if you play the game normally and without a guide. Maybe you can do the conversation with Maechen quest on Chapter 3 without a guide, bust whistling in the Farplane is almost impossible to find out without someone else telling you do do it. That's why, I think the normal ending is better for the game's setting and ideas, and the good ending is for those who want something more, and something romantic in the end. Not sure about how important perfect ending is for the story, though.

SeeDRankLou
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth1999AD
I don't think the main purpose of FFX-2 was to find Tidus. Maybe Yuna left on her journey because she thought she had seen him on a sphere, but she actually saw Shuyin in that sphere, not Tidus. I think the game is more about Yuna's development from someone who does things to please other people to someone who does things because she wants to do it herself and because she chooses so.

Ok, while writing this post I was making way to many spoiler markers, so I'll just give an upfront SPOILER...

You are both right and wrong in what you say. FFX-2 had several purposes, several story lines, several outcomes. But Yuna started this journey because she saw the sphere Rikku showed her. No it wasn't Tidus, but she thought it was Tidus. Furthermore, she didn't even know Shuyin existed at that time, so she couldn't have thought that that person was Shuyin, she thought it was Tidus. During her journey, she finds very little of what she's looking for, instead she experiences a whole different story than she thought she would, but she still did all of this to find Tidus. Throughout the game she makes little side comments to herself about how she isn't finding anything that leads to him, but through the whole game she doesn't give up. And in the Farplane at the end of Ch 3 when she has almost given up her search, she hears that whistle (oh that look on her face and that music in the background...tears) which renews her mission through the rest of the game. But if you don't have that much percentage in the game that scene didn't have as much significance to the story as it would if you had attained more completion, reaffirming my notion that the Good Ending is too easy to get, and that it doesn't hold as much significance to the story as it would have if you were forced to get...oh say 95% completion, which is not terribly difficult to do.

Psychotic
03-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Well, as it happens, I whistled in the farplane 4 times when she fell down there, but that's because text was appearing on the screen and that's what I always do, as I'm a fast reader. Heh.

But I didn't speak to Maechen, so go figure.

Siwolae
03-03-2004, 04:55 AM
Not sure about how important perfect ending is for the story, though.

go to this thread (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42982) and read SeedRankLou's reply to get a spoiler-filled reason as to why the perfect ending is worth it. ^_^

SeeDRankLou
03-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Ah...:) thanks