PDA

View Full Version : How does the weije (spelling)board move around just by placing your hands on it

darkchrono
02-28-2004, 09:01 PM
I played it once and it really was kind of odd that it does infact begin to move without you forceibly moving it.

How does it do that.

DeathIsMyFreedom
02-28-2004, 09:02 PM
magnetics...that simple -_-

Strider
02-28-2004, 09:04 PM
No, man, it's the AWESOME FORCES OF FATE! I mean, come on, I thought everyone knew that.

darkchrono
02-28-2004, 09:05 PM
well if thats true where are the magnets placed at.

And also why then does it only start moving after you place your hands on it.

DeathIsMyFreedom
02-28-2004, 09:06 PM
.....you dont know alot about science do you? i've never worked with one of them before, but i do know that it aint real , it has something to do with magnetics and how you use it like when you hold it you can feel the force so you follow it, this is how a compus works also.

Nait
02-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Unconcious movement? If you hold a pendulum and will it to move, your hand moves the tiniest bit to make it move the way you want.

TheAbominatrix
02-28-2004, 09:08 PM
Ouija board. Aint spelled how it sounds.

Anaralia
02-28-2004, 09:13 PM
I thought that you were supposed to move it around, on purpose, in a circular motion and let it wander over to where you felt it "wanted" to go.

Sweet Oblivion
02-28-2004, 09:28 PM
I think Nait got it. If you want it to move enough, it's probably going to do that.

Doomgaze
02-28-2004, 09:59 PM
The board is warped, and there is little friction between the hand thing and the board. If you try using the thing on, say, a monopoly board, that won't work nearly as well, because the board is completely flat.

escobert
02-29-2004, 05:27 AM
it's ghosts.

Peegee
02-29-2004, 06:13 AM
Why don't you buy one and conduct crazy satanic science studies on it. Then you'll go to hell for playing with occult sorcery stuff.

RSL
02-29-2004, 06:16 AM
Heh, it's interesting to see that everyone has a different reason. I myself have never seen one so I don't have a clue.

Shlup
02-29-2004, 08:38 AM
If you were playing with friends then it was one of your friends moving it. At every slumber party I'd take it upon myself to control the Ouija board and volunteer to be the body when we played "Seven Doors." I thought I was quite convincing.

TheAbominatrix
02-29-2004, 08:44 AM
Yes, Shlup always served to scare the bejesus out of me.

Shlup
02-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Who was it who threw the Ouija marker at Sarah's slumber party? Scaring someone enough to throw the thing was very satisfying.

And then there was that time at Milenka's party that I almost made a guy piss his pants playing Seven Doors. He was really convinced I was out cold when the log in the fire place broke in half and I didn't move. He almost left the room but the girls made him stay.

TheAbominatrix
02-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Me or Jessica, probably.

I could never keep a straight face for that crap. I'd have to say somethin funny during Seven Doors.
"You open the first door, what do you see?"
"A toilet!"

Shlup
02-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Nah, I think it was Tiffany or Sarah. Jessica caught onto me fast and we'd do it together sometimes.

Uh, anway... *talks via AIM before the thread gets clogged*

eestlinc
02-29-2004, 09:23 AM
people actually play with these things? maybe i didn't because i didn't have any friends growing up...

Peegee
02-29-2004, 01:13 PM
What's seven doors. Use words that PG can understand

EternalBahamut
02-29-2004, 04:28 PM
We studied it a bit in university back in the day and it is all the egos of the people involved unknowingly moving the marker around the board

Giggles
02-29-2004, 06:30 PM
What's Seven Doors?

fire_of_avalon
02-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Giggles
What's Seven Doors?

omnitarian
02-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Take a yo-yo or any other pendulum substitute.

Hold it with your right hand, and put your hand just above your head. Do not swing it; just let it hang.

When you hold it in your right hand, the pendulum will start to softly swing left to right, left to right.

Now hold it the same way, only with your left hand. It will begin to swing to and fro. Towards you, then back, towards you, then back.

Teh magicks.

Zell's Fists of Fury
02-29-2004, 07:35 PM
They wanted an explination for Seven Doors not how to swing a yo-yo. Dork.

Nait
02-29-2004, 07:41 PM
And I mentioned the pendulum thing already. >:O You can swing it any way you want, just imagine it to move that way.

Ifrit's Bodyguard
02-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Nait
And I mentioned the pendulum thing already. >:O You can swing it any way you want, just imagine it to move that way.

:whoa: :whoa: :whoa: ... so it does!!!

Anyway, yeah Ouija boards are simply Satanic, spiritually controlled!

(you need to will the pendulum to move, Ouija boards have been known to give previously unknown information which rules out sub-conscious movement.)

TheAbominatrix
03-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Seven Doors is a game that was popular in Mandee and I's junior high. Here's the principal:

One person lays on the ground, the other rubs their temples as the person counts backwards from one hundred. This is supposed to put this person into a trance. Once they're in the trance, they're 'guided' by the second person, through a house with seven doors, asked what they see and all that.

Basically, it's a way to scare the living crap out of your friends at sumbler parties.

Denmark
03-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Ouija board moves by force.

There's an example in Calvin and Hobbes that if I REALLY wanted to find it, I would. But I'm lazy.

Thunday Man
03-01-2004, 12:53 AM
It moves because = you move it!

HOOTERS
03-01-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by TheAbominatrix
Seven Doors is a game that was popular in Mandee and I's junior high. Here's the principal:

One person lays on the ground, the other rubs their temples as the person counts backwards from one hundred. This is supposed to put this person into a trance. Once they're in the trance, they're 'guided' by the second person, through a house with seven doors, asked what they see and all that.

Basically, it's a way to scare the living crap out of your friends at sumbler parties.

Well I dont know about anyone else but hearing the interior design of an imaginary house sure scares the living crap out of me.

TheAbominatrix
03-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by HOOTERS
Well I dont know about anyone else but hearing the interior design of an imaginary house sure scares the living crap out of me.

:p It's the reactions of the person that're supposed to be scary.

HOOTERS
03-01-2004, 05:39 AM
"Oh my god, pastels!"

TheAbominatrix
03-01-2004, 05:39 AM
I hate you.

HOOTERS
03-01-2004, 05:41 AM
np

omnitarian
03-02-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Nait

I was just being specific, is all. The hand/direction test shows off the power of suggestion better.

Doomgaze
03-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by omnitarian
Take a yo-yo or any other pendulum substitute.

Hold it with your right hand, and put your hand just above your head. Do not swing it; just let it hang.

When you hold it in your right hand, the pendulum will start to softly swing left to right, left to right.

Now hold it the same way, only with your left hand. It will begin to swing to and fro. Towards you, then back, towards you, then back.

Teh magicks.

Most interesting. Now, had I not read your post, would I have gotten the same result?

EDIT: Actually, what Nait said is more correct - I can, in fact, will the swinging, thought it seems to default to what I originally read from you.

EDIT AGAIN: Or whatever happens to be on my mind, I guess. It can kind of do a half-assed circle or stay relatively still, if I, MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE OR AT LEAST MY NAMETAG WHICH IS ON A STRING, will this to be!