PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Scene

Kirobaito
02-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Yesterday in English class I encountered the single greatest scene from any movie EVER.

I don't want to give anything away, so simply watch "The Glass Menagerie." It is very close to the beginning, and it involves the main guy and his mother. It is the single best thing you will ever see. I guarantee it. WATCH IT!

And if anyone is bored enough to heed to these instructions, what did you think of it?

Del Murder
02-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Sonny's death in The Godfather is the best scene I've ever seen. The final scene in Scarface is a close second.

I didn't follow your instructions. Sorry.

Calliope
02-29-2004, 05:56 AM
I prefer the vinyl scene from Shawshank Redemption.

Jack
02-29-2004, 12:31 PM
The two scenes in Fight Club are the greatest
-The making TNT from soap scene to "God hates You"
-The car scene "Someday you will die"

Watch them and you;ll understand. But yeah, the final scene in Scarface is pretty good

White Raven
02-29-2004, 02:20 PM
I've never seen that, but on my next movie night, I'll rent it for sure.

As for me..."The Middle of the Movie" part from "Monty Pythons the Meaning of Life".

Golden.

Bernhard
02-29-2004, 04:06 PM
The "The Middle of the Movie" scene is one of the most messed up things I have seen in my life. Seriously.

For me, the greatest scene ever would be when Jack deals with his infant baby in the end of Eraserhead. I think that was brilliantly performed. Unparallelled.

Burtsplurt
02-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Hmm, I have a few. The tree-fight from Crouching Tiger (sorry to keep on talking about it!), Jack Torrance's appearance through the door in The Shining, and the helicopter sequence in Apocalypse Now.

Bernhard
02-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Wouldn't that be Jack Nicholson?

Kirobaito
02-29-2004, 09:25 PM
His name in "The Shining" was Jack Torrance.

Bernhard
02-29-2004, 09:55 PM
Sorry about that. I'm so used to people always using the actor's name when they're talking about films. And it doesn't help that I haven't seen it in a good ten years. :aim~:

Kiuru
03-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Hmm, it's hard to say just one, but I'll try...

I think it was in the Two Towers when Elrond tells Arwen that her and Aragorn's love is doomed and he will eventually die, leaving Arwen alone. I really liked it when Arwen walked in the woods and stood by Aragorn's grave. There was something very beautiful in it, the music and the colouring....

Carl
03-01-2004, 07:39 PM
The Green Mile, where they have to kill John Coffey, only a heart made of stone doesnt get a lump in there throat...

Ya cant kill John Coffey, the mans a gos!
Go Jonny Boy!!

DocFrance
03-01-2004, 08:44 PM
The Shawshank Redemption, when they explain how Andy Dufresne escaped.