PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Stand By and Hibernate?

-N-
02-29-2004, 05:21 AM
For some odd reason, I can no longer access the Stand By and Hibernate options on my computer anymore - manually or automatically. I'm running XP Pro, and I'm pretty sure I have all the updates for it. Any ideas?

crono_logical
02-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Did your PC crash lately? XP might have decided to disable it thinking that it was causing a problem.

I can't remember how to re-enable it either short of a full reformat/reinstall :D Something to do with uninstalling some hardware in device manager though, but I don't remember exactly what :p I'll go find out later when I'm less busy, either that or someone else can find out first :p

Baloki
02-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Try changing your computer (file system) type to server or mobile and that might re-enable it. (it does on ME anyway)

Cid
02-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Is there a command to tell it to hibernate (some exe file) somewhere? Cause I really like when it hibernates.

Rainecloud
02-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Go to your Control Panel, then check out 'Performance and Maintenance'. Now click on 'Power Options' and take a look at what settings are there for your 'Stand By' and 'Hibernate' options. If you don't see anything, then I'd start to get seriously worried. Who knows, you might even be able to fix the problem from this screen by changing the settings.

Check back and let us know, please. :)

-N-
03-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Sorry I didn't reply as to the status of this problem sooner - but when I go to Power Settings, nothing related to Stand By or Hibernate even comes up. As if the option never existed.

-N-
03-14-2004, 01:03 AM
OK - so I was on the plane using my laptop, and suddenly the standby and hibernate options reappear. Was it because I was on battery power? What is going on?

Dr Unne
03-14-2004, 02:14 AM
<i>I'm running XP Pro...</i> --princeofdarknez