PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop and Etc.

Cloud's Soul
02-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

I had a few questions on photoshop and etc. Well for one when I creat buttons and what not, they are just squared, nothing more or less, I want to add a fancy design or something to make people think "wow" I need some help ;) oh and I kind of wanted to learn like techinques. For example like Omecle and Grand Lethal, they have some kick butt sigs, with squares taken away and such :)

Please help

Like to get my Forum looking better

http://www.zanarkands.com

Its horrible right now ><

PS I know how to feather, and clone, I just really need the help in cutting out of parts or something :)

black orb
02-29-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Cloud's Soul
http://www.zanarkands.com

>>> That domain name is pretty cool..

Baloki
02-29-2004, 04:19 PM
Ow

*Eyes are burning*

Thats one overly large background picture.....

Also, why have the banner on the top of the page, it looks out of place.

and the menu....

Anyway, I think you asked for help with Photoshop, well urm I use PSP mainly at the min and am still getting the hang of PhotoShop. Xander and EternalShiva will be on soon probably to tell you everything you need to know. Also this will probably get moved to the help forum just in case it disappears and you wonder where the hells it gone.

*Didn't mention his hate for FF10 throughout that whole post and is amazed...*

Edit: Ahh, the rounding thing I know how to do, set a colour transparent, then use that colour to round off the edges of the button :D

Leeza
02-29-2004, 05:12 PM
I think that this belongs in the Help Forum. :)

Cloud's Soul
02-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Well guys thanks :) I know it is a BIT "funky" but I am working on it, but yeah, I don't know exactly where the color tranpancy is on my Photoshop, but hey I guess I could look ^^ but yeah, any other tips would be helpful, I kind of wanna do the design like they have at www.ansemreport.com

but I figure they use PHP and JAVA, I only know HTML and Flash. I don't know how to creat flash tables either ><.

Baloki
02-29-2004, 05:29 PM
Well I know html, CSS and how to use server side includes. So I might be able to help you in some way.

Take a look at my site if you get a chance to see if a combernation of the above helps. Also PHP still uses html, all it does is store the data and bring out variables for example menu items.

Shoeberto
02-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Well guys thanks :) I know it is a BIT "funky" but I am working on it, but yeah, I don't know exactly where the color tranpancy is on my Photoshop, but hey I guess I could look
<font color="#009999">
Photoshop doesn't really have transparency colors, just transparencies. When you're making a new image, if you want it to by default be all transparent before you put anything on it, towards the bottom of the new image prompt it has a drop down box with "Black," "White," and "Transparent." Choose transparent, then when you save the image for the web, make it a GIF and have transparency turned on. Then whatever you left empty will automatically become transparent.

Cloud's Soul
03-02-2004, 04:00 AM
Hey thanks guys :) Check it out now, I am still adding on, but hey I got some of it down ^^

www.zanarkands.com

Baloki
03-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey thanks guys :) Check it out now, I am still adding on, but hey I got some of it down ^^

www.zanarkands.com

Its better, well done