PDA

View Full Version : Time gaps (spoilers)

Maxico
03-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Im not sure but doesn't there seem to be a huge time gap in ff7. so a couple of years ago cloud go off to nibleheim on his big memory screwing mission. Loads of crap happens. He gets stabbed but manages to throw sephy of a bridge, collapses, blacks out, blah. Then stays in a tube for a few days while hojo do weird experiments on him and zack. Then they break out. Head to midgar. Zack gets a new ventilation system. Cloud Gets even more screwed up. thinks he is in soilder, quits the job he never had and joins avalanche. Now is it me or does their seem to be some time missing here? I really cant think of an answer for this short of a time traveling deloren.

SeeDRankLou
03-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Maxico
Zack gets a new ventilation system.

LOL

If I were to fill your time gap, I'd say that Hojo was experimenting on the two for longer than a few days.

Del Murder
03-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I think he was captured for a while longer than that. Tifa found him right after he and Zack broke out, correct?

Big D
03-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Cloud and Zack were captured and used for experiments after Sephiroth's massacre at Nibelheim, then five years passed before they escaped. Zack resisted the experiments well, because of his natural strength and because of the Jenova and Mako treatments he received while in SOLDIER. Cloud, on the other hand, was badly affected and basically lost his mind and identity, replacing it with a simulacrum crafted from Zack's stories and experiences.

After escaping, they travelled to Midgar, where Zack was murdered and Cloud gradually began to regain consciousness. Cloud staggered into the Midgar slums with Zack's sword, where Tifa found him at the Sector 7 station. By then, Cloud was alert enough to begin living out his ex-SOLDIER fantasy.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-03-2004, 01:17 AM
The world map probably takes a lot longer to span to the characters than it does in-game, so the trip back to Midgar could have taken a long time, too.

Spitfire
03-06-2004, 07:09 PM
cloud took the train or something, cause tifa found him at the station. the train is faster than goin by foot ya know..........

Spatvark
03-06-2004, 07:17 PM
Zack and Cloud got near to Midgar with the truck that went to Kalm.
Zack then carried Cloud the rest of the way before getting the afore-mentioned ventilation system.
Cloud comes to, takes Zack's sword, but is still weak; he crawls into Midgar.
As far as I can tell, the Sector 7 train station is a Midgar only route; I say that coz' there's no train tracks coming from Midgar at all.
Cloud gets to the Sector 7 train station somehow; whether by taking the train or walking/crawling. Either way, he's trashed and Tifa finds him...

And that's it.

zacks_clone
03-06-2004, 08:45 PM
The timeline, as seen from this person point of veiw ( and i agree with it).

Timeline,and other such stuff. (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_plot.txt)