PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I can't believe I still remember that!

Flying Mullet
03-02-2004, 07:20 PM
I was playing the original Zelda the other day on my NES and I came across the lost woods, and without skipping a beat I thought, "North West South West", to make it to the other side of the woods. I couldn't believe that I still rememberd it. Then later on 8-bit nostalgia hit me full force and I threw in Contra, and remembered, "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, start" to get 30 lives in the game. Are there odd, random, "Trivia Bits" of information that you still remember to this day and will probably always remember?

FEOK
03-02-2004, 08:41 PM
I was playing FF6 and didn't think I remembered what to say to get all the stuff after the banquet. I just popped in some things after thinking so hard I could beat Advance Wars in one turn if I thought that hard as I did. After the banquet, I went out and didn't expect I'd get all the stuff but did. You should have seen my face.

Kirobaito
03-02-2004, 08:54 PM
I remember the code for debug mode in "The Lion King" SNES game was B A R R Y.

White Raven
03-03-2004, 12:46 AM
I remember what all to do to get all the jurors on your side at the begining of Chrono Trigger. I can't list them, but if they came up I'd know what to do.

Erdrick Holmes
03-03-2004, 12:49 AM
The entire attack, damage, defence, speed, and recovery rate of Ryu from Super Street Fighter II turbo for SNES. Memorized it sence I was about 9 years old, never forgot it.

Lord Chainsaw
03-03-2004, 12:52 AM
I consider myself pretty sharp about remembering old things.

Hell, I memorized Bison's speech about world domination in the Street Fighter movie a few years back. I also still know the code for getting the special costume and character mode in the original Street Fighter II.

HOWEVER...

Try as I might I cannot for the life of me remember how to beat the fourth guy in Kung-Fu. I keep kicking his head off and he just reappears in smoke and proceeds to school me. There's got to be a trick to that I just don't remember.

Oh well, some things you can remember and some you can't.

Erdrick Holmes
03-03-2004, 12:57 AM
Oh oh oh, Zelda Link to the past for Snes. I remembered how to do EVERYTHING in that game, came in handy when I got the GBA version, beat it within 2 days of buying it.

Del Murder
03-03-2004, 02:54 AM
I still remember most of the routines of the boxers in Super Punch Out punch by punch, and I remeber all of their routines in a general way. Same for regualr Punch Out. I also remember what weapons to use on every Mega Man boss up to when the series got crappy (Playstation).

I freak my brother out remembering stuff sometimes. Like the other day my brother was playing Startropics and I walk in and say 'don't go up there, you'll die', sure enough he fell right into the water. I haven't played Startropics in like 8 years.

Mr. Graves
03-03-2004, 03:10 AM
I remember "the code" in Mortal Kombat for Genesis. I remember about 65% of the secrets in Zelda: A Link To The Past. I still have Desert Strike memorized to this day. Sme with Flashback: The Quest For Identity.

Vermachtnis
03-03-2004, 03:20 AM
This one code from Sonic 3. Up, Up, Down, Down, Up, Up, Up, Up. I remember I got that off a box of candy.

Yamaneko
03-03-2004, 04:38 AM
iddqd
idkfa
idclip

Xander
03-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I remember a few things, like putting in ABRACADABRA at the beginning of Toy Story on the Megadrive to get a level skip I think. And I used to remember the songs you had to enter in the Sonic 2 sound test to get a level skip. Now I can only remember 19, and 65 though, hehe.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-03-2004, 01:03 PM
That reminds me: the Vectorman codes. A-B-R-A-C-A-D-A-B-R-A and C-A-L-L-A-C-A-B.

Erdrick Holmes
03-03-2004, 01:15 PM
If you play "Killing Time" for PC and you put in IDKFA you die.

Thaliel
03-03-2004, 02:27 PM
I remember how to get the flute in one of the first fortesses of Super Mario Bros.3

Also, I know that in Kirby's Dreamland (for good old Gameboy), when you push A,B,Select and Start the same time while the main screen is shown, cou can play a harder version.

In Super Mario Land (and all of the following GB Marios and the Two Mario Worlds on SNES), when you first pause the game, then push select, you can leave the level.

m4tt
03-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
iddqd
idkfa
idclip

What was the other one?

idbehold ?

idmypos was fun too ;)

Angyles Cerddoriaeth
03-03-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
I was playing the original Zelda the other day on my NES and I came across the lost woods, and without skipping a beat I thought, "North West South West", to make it to the other side of the woods. I couldn't believe that I still rememberd it.

i did the same thing about 2 months ago. someone asked me if i remember how to get out of those woods, and after 15 years since the last time i played it, i still remembered

Maxico
03-03-2004, 07:06 PM
I remeber the code for magic carpet for ps1 (pretty recent) tri tri O Sqr tri O tri Sqr.

But I think the code for debug mode in sonic 1 is lft lft up up right right down down A B. Or something along those line. I would remember it with a pad in my hand.

Peegee
03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
idchopper(s)?
idmypos is so utterly pointless xD

DOOM1: idspispopd....wtf does that mean? idclip made more sense.

Doomgaze
03-04-2004, 06:36 AM
I HATED THAT DOOR IN STARTROPICS.

Peegee
03-04-2004, 07:47 PM
Even though it doesn't accomplish anything, you can squat on the white stone in SMB3 lvl 1 and run like a maniac to the end of the level. I don't think you get anything for it though :)

Lord Chainsaw
03-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Doomgaze
I HATED THAT DOOR IN STARTROPICS.

I never had the luxury of getting to this door because the copy of Star Tropics I bought for 2 bucks at gamestop a few years back has a nasty case of "dead NES battery pack syndrome".

I remember a particular part in Star Tropics that I absolutely hated was this dark cave where you were on a raft. It was kind of like a maze. It wasn't in the regular level format, it was more like the map format. That part was just so annoying. Even more annoying when you can't save the game.

Doomgaze
03-05-2004, 07:19 AM
Inside the whale?

eestlinc
03-05-2004, 07:44 AM
whenever anyone is giving a toast I always say "to our homelands!"

Lindy
03-05-2004, 11:53 AM
All the solutions to all of the puzzles in Monkey Island 1 & 2, Discworld 1 & 2, Sam & Max : Freelance Police, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

*loser*

Doomgaze
03-05-2004, 06:35 PM
On the contrary, *I'm* the loser for having never played anyof those games.

Lindy
03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Doomgaze
On the contrary, *I'm* the loser for having never played anyof those games.

The Indiana Jones ones weren't so great, except that my version of Fate Of Atlantis had voices.

Obviously not Harrison Ford's, he's too BIG to put his voice in a game. *snipe*

Lord Chainsaw
03-05-2004, 06:42 PM
I knew it was a whale! I knew it!

Heath
03-06-2004, 08:10 PM
I still remember the level select cheat from Sonic 1.

Up, C, down, C, left, C, right, C and then all the buttons at once I think. There might have been a certain set of buttons you had to press for the last bit, but I remember pressing them all and it working.

SomethingBig
03-07-2004, 12:29 AM
I remember how if you press down on one of the white boxes long enough in Super Mario 3, you'd go behind everything, or something like that. I also remember a cheat for Megaman 4 that got you everything.

Shadowdust
03-07-2004, 02:36 AM
Down, Up, Left, Left, A, Right, Down would activate blood in the original Mortal Combat on Genesis. :D

I remember using Justin Bailey for Metroid too.

Mr_Bojangless
03-21-2004, 07:48 PM
I still remember how to get 100% in Super Metroid.

EternalBahamut
03-22-2004, 06:38 AM
I still remember to fly with Yoshi under the end gate and hop off letting him die to get to the second gate on the bridge level in super marios for SNES

Black Mage
03-23-2004, 02:48 AM
dnmoneyman

"Shake it baby."

DMKA
06-19-2004, 07:50 PM
I was playing an emulated version of Super Mario World 3 (SNES), and I still seem to remember how to do everything I come across...I went into each level with a key to a switch palace and got them without even thinking...I hadn't played it since I was 8 (11 years)...

Now my question is, why the hell can I remember all the scerets of a videogame I played when I was 8, yet I can't remember things I was asked to do 15 minutes ago. O_o

Oh yeah I also remember a secret on the original Donkey Kong Country (SNES) on the 1st minecart level (Mine Kart Carnage, I believe), when you jump over the barrel cannon in the begining of the level off into the oblivion, hold all the way left as you fall, then you'll be shot up by another barrel cannon, then dumped into a cart where you have to jump over just one kremling, then you win the level.

I ask once again, why?

Dixie
06-19-2004, 08:12 PM
In Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal, in Ecruteak City, the invisible floor puzzle went like this:

Right, right, up, up, up, up, right, right, right, up, up, right, right, right, up, up, left, up.

m4tt
06-19-2004, 08:32 PM

Don't revive old threads please.