PDA

View Full Version : General PS2 Question

EveningCross
03-03-2004, 02:11 PM
My younger brother got a PS2 about a year ago and since then it has "eaten" (i.e. mysteriously scratched and/or chewed) his game discs up. Not all of them but at random. Have any of you had this problem because I'm still in the days of PSOne and I am considering getting a PS2 now but if it's going to destroy all of my fairly expensive games then I don't want it. I'll just get a GameCube or something. Or maybe the PS3...? Who knows. Anyhoo, any comments, suggestions, horrible tongue lashings would be appreciated. Thank you.

Kirobaito
03-03-2004, 02:57 PM
It's never happened to me. Of course, I'm nice to my PS2. It would never do anything bad to me. It did eat my friend, though.

Xander
03-03-2004, 08:50 PM
My PS2 has always been fine, even after playing 110 hours on FFX, for days at a time, even when my TV broke, my PS2 still stayed okay xD And it's a second-hand one. Maybe your brother just had a bad one.

I think this would be more suited to the Help forum too, so I'll move it there.

Baloki
03-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Xander
My PS2 has always been fine, even after playing 110 hours on FFX, for days at a time, even when my TV broke, my PS2 still stayed okay xD And it's a second-hand one. Maybe your brother just had a bad one.

I think this would be more suited to the Help forum too, so I'll move it there.

I'm amazed anything could take that long, I'd expect it to self implode after that amount of time. hehe

Now its more likely the discs then the PS2 but try turning it to the other position (vertical/horizontal) and also make sure the disc isn't dirty when you put it in and is also seated properly.

If you still have the problem, (a) call Sony and get it repaired and (b) shake it to see if it rattles.

o_O
03-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Yeah, my PS2 does that to my games. :mad: I've gotta get a new copy of FFX sometime soon, it's chewed through that one pretty fast. (since December). Actually, maybe I'll just buy a new PS2, come to think of it.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a lot you can do about it, except pay to have it fixed.

I say go for it, get a PS2, PS3's are gonna be a while and they'll cost about $1000 anyway. And whatever you do, don't get a Gamecube. :)

Baloki
03-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by o_O
Yeah, my PS2 does that to my games. :mad: I've gotta get a new copy of FFX sometime soon, it's chewed through that one pretty fast. (since December).

I say go for it, get a PS2, PS3's are gonna be a while and they'll cost about $1000 anyway. And whatever you do, don't get a Gamecube. :)

Coming from someone who cares that his FF10 Disc has been destroyed?

No, if you never regestered the warrenty, you can get it fixed for free, you just have to figure out a date about 8 months ago and give them that when you regester on the phone so they will send out the enginner.