PDA

View Full Version : Hey, brand new sound problems!

Strider
03-03-2004, 10:24 PM
If it isn't one thing, it's another.

So about ten minutes ago, my sound completely gave out on me. I have no idea why.

What was strange about it is that I was running Winamp at the time, and as soon as one song in particular ended (Santana's "Why Don't You and I", to be exact), the program kinda gave up on even playing the next one. Not that it gave me an error that forced a shutdown, it just. . . didn't play.

I tried using Windows Media Player, no dice. I put sound at 100% using ZSNES. Nothing doing. When I tried to test my speakers with the FFVIII configuration thing, it froze and I had to force quit it. When I turn the knob on my speaker way way up, all I get is a nasty bit of feedback. I checked Volume Control, everything checks out just fine, nothing is muted or anything.

Tell me, what's wrong with my computer now?

Peegee
03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Is your sound card attached to the mobo? If not just replug it in and let the computer boot and windoze to find it again. Are you sure you didn't mute? Try online places with sound, like strongbad before you play around with the sound card. Then come back and complain more

Kirobaito
03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Wow, you really need to get a new one.

After I had had my old one for a long time (3 years, around), the sound started giving out on me at random points. I just restarted the computer, and it fixed it.

Strider
03-03-2004, 11:02 PM
And that's exactly what I did, KB.

Yeah, I restarted and it's workin' again. Thanks for the help.

Baloki
03-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Dust the inside of your computer NOW!