PDA

View Full Version : Necron

Baron Grims
03-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Okey, well you may think I suck at the game, but i just can't seem to beat this here Necron guy, who randomly comes outta nowhere to whoop my ass every single time. I completely own Kuja before hand, but everytime I just go on to get owned myself! Does anyone know how much HP this guy has, or any weaknesses or status vulerabilities he may have? Gimme some strats cuz I'm going crazy here! Thank you!

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2004, 12:08 AM
Firstly when you have the chance to prepare before the fight, give your guys skills like jelly, and locomotion, so they can survive grand cross a bit easier. Having lot's of quick remedies also is very helpful to get back up. Hasting people helps, but for the most part just keep your HP up and bash him with strong attacks before he get's shell and protect on and he shouldn't be much of a problem. Also getting to about level 60+ will make the fight easier by a good bit. Mid 60's work best I found. Also if you have the rebirth ring, mastering auto life is very helpful, and auto regen helps out quite a bit.

DocFrance
03-04-2004, 01:35 AM
Pretty much anything that defends against status attacks is good. Also, Auto-Regen is good, because Necron uses quite a few long attacks.

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2004, 02:14 AM
Ya that's so true. I've once gotten about 1000 HP back while waiting on grand cross. Other then his status efefcts I found him to be kind of wussy really, minus the ocasional killing of a party member, but mainly from grand cross when that happens.

PeTeRL90
03-04-2004, 03:39 AM
Here's what I had before going into battle against him;

Auto-Haste on the four characters I used (Zidane, Dagger, Freya, Steiner)

Status Abilities Equipped (Jelly, Locomotion, Body Temp, Antibody, Clear Headed, Loudmouth, stuff like that.) The only things you can't block against are Doom, Mini, Zombie, and instant Death.

I equipped two characters with Corals Rings, and the other two with Maiden Rings, and had Zidane wear a hat that nullified Ice Attacks, and had Dagger wear a hat that nullified Thunder Attacks, meaning Zidane had a Coral Ring, and Dagger had a Maiden Ring.

Here's what I did to kill him;

I had Zidane equipped with Bird Killer, and did Normal Attacks, which ranged from 6,000-7,000 damage when Necron didn't have Protect.

I had Freya use Dragon's Crest every turn since it did 9,999 damage no matter what.

I had Steiner use Shock, which ranged from 5,000 (when Necron was under Protect) to 9,999 damage.

I had Dagger on standby to heal and use Magic Tags/Remedies whenever he used Grand Cross.

Took him out on my first try.

thehawking
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM
yea i used vivi steiner dagger and zidane, garnet keep curin everybody usin curaga even if nobody is hurt, vivi uses meteor, steiner uses his best sword skill and zidane just attacks.

necron has about 50,000+ hp, the best way to kill it is train until zidane is half way in trance, kill kuja, then he shud hav 3/4 in trance, then u shud b in trance against necron and kept usin grand lethal

o and freya's dragon crest only does 9,999 if u use it on dragons 1st cos dragon crest can hit more everytime u kill a grand dragon e.g u mite hit 1000 wif it 1st time, then use it 10 times on grand dragons, use dragon crest on a normal enemy and i shud do about 4,500 instead of 1000

PeTeRL90
03-04-2004, 04:33 PM
No... everytime you kill a Dragon, the damage of it goes up, and when you kill enough, it'll do 9,999 damage.

DocFrance
03-04-2004, 04:45 PM
It also doesn't matter who kills the dragon. Freya doesn't even have to be in your party.

Godzilla3001
03-27-2004, 09:36 PM
i always use zidane, steiner, quina (all mine have auto-reflect so heals don't work....but white wind does! yey!) and vivi....i think. and i kick ass on my first turn and every turn! ;)

Brian The Pink Shark
04-07-2004, 04:23 PM
I equip all my guys beforehand with auto-regen and as many status preventing attacks as possible. i get garnet to summon ark all the time, steiner to use shock Vivi to use firaga and Zidane just to attack, if you're lucky you'll win. It works for me , i've only died against him twice :choc:

ShadyMilkman
04-09-2004, 05:10 PM
I think the reason that Necron seems to be a challenge for alot of people is that he is the exact opposite of Kuja. You fight Kuja and get used to an all out offensive onslaught of power. Then, Necron comes in a uses more of a thinkin man's game crippling you with multiple statuses but not really having any one attack that can really deal out major damage.

Clyde Arronway
04-11-2004, 01:17 AM
It's a matter of blasting him with all out attacks as soon as possible. Zidane will trance after a few turns (be assured of that) and then two grand lethals will take off 1/3rd of his Hp. Use a few Arks, the dark matter, and some frog drops. These are all extremely powerful attacks, or, if you've done it right, are guerenteed to do 9999 damage. but I agree, DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT PROTECTION FROM ALL STATUS AILMENTS!!! You're absoulutely doomed if you do not. And if you do use auto reflect, use reflect null's. It's wonderful

PeTeRL90
04-11-2004, 02:38 AM
'Zidane will trance after a few turns (be assured of that)'

That's not entirely true. Zidane never went into trance once when I fought Necron.

It all depends on how full his Trance Meter is before the battle.

Kirobaito
04-11-2004, 02:41 AM
I have Zidane's trance meter empty when I start the fight with Kuja, so it is almost charged by the time I get to Necron. That makes sure that he'll be set so whoop up with some Solution 9.

Linus J
04-11-2004, 01:21 PM
First time I had no idea of what he used, so I was barely protected from any status at all, and that was probably the funniest boss fight ever because of that. I think I used Freya, Zidane, Dagger and Amarant. Amarant doing a shitload of damage, Zidane using thievery and Freya jumping. The jumping helped me out alot of times because grand cross didn't affect Freya when she was in the air.

aeris2001x2
04-17-2004, 12:38 PM
necron is the hardest ff last boss imho. i know that he still aint too hard but...(only ff1,6,7,8,9,10,10-2

chaos was a letdown
kefka was a laugh
sephiroth was cool but a walkover
ultimecia was a bitebug
jecht could go in two rounds
vegnegun was as hard as ff1 garland

aint that grandcross horrible! does ff2-5 have a harder last boss then necron?

Linus J
04-17-2004, 12:49 PM
necron is the hardest ff last boss imho. i know that he still aint too hard but...(only ff1,6,7,8,9,10,10-2

chaos was a letdown
kefka was a laugh
sephiroth was cool but a walkover
ultimecia was a bitebug
jecht could go in two rounds
vegnegun was as hard as ff1 garland

aint that grandcross horrible! does ff2-5 have a harder last boss then necron?

The bosses are as hard as you make them, first time through ff8 I had a hard time beating ultimecia (didn't unlock all seals, had a high lvl that made it harder and only had one character that could do real damage), on the other hand I never saw necron as a problem, just be prepared for the status effects and he's as easy as any other.

aeris2001x2
04-17-2004, 01:24 PM
i use the context of in the grand scheme. ultimecia whooped me many times...well griever, and necron only once.

i mean i crush penenance but it was harder 4 me 2 beat omega in ffx (999,999 hp pal version) but we all know who is harder over all.

and because there is no max stat avaliable in ff9 too. ultimecia will fall easily at lv 100 with good junctioning (or lv 7 with good junctioning) but necron will always be a threat, even 2 a mastered team. there r only so many status u can protect from and grandcross is so random its possible to have 2 die, i petrify,1 zombie and 50 hp. thats what i mean by hardest last boss.

Clyde Arronway
04-17-2004, 03:34 PM
does ff2-5 have a harder last boss then necron?

Some do, some don't
The emperor of Parmekia is kinda hard, but there is a way to dispach him in one turn

Dark Cloud is possibly the worst boss ever. Let me explain: Chaos has 4000 Hp to the sum of the max hp of the party, 3,997. The emperor has 10,000 and the party's sum can easily be made 39,997. Dark Cloud has 65,000 HP, and is located in a tower from which there is no exit, neither are there save points or healing points. In addition to that, she is totally invincible if you haven't destroyed the other four bosses on the level, each of which make Necron look like a cocker spaniel

Zeromus has more Hp than any boss of it's time: about 120,000. He is, however, a little easier than Dark Cloud.

Neo-Ex-Death is a pushover. In any other game he'd be invincible, but it is possible to gain near omnipotence in V. It is possible to make four bare class members with the speed of a thief, Hp of a monk, Mp of a summoner, and Defence and attack of a knight. If that class is equipped with all white magic ane each uses "throw gil" he'll fall in no time at all.

It should be noted that games recently translated into American are made easier than they were in japan. The hardest non emulator game is currently IV. Chaos is supposed to be so invincible because he casts cure 4 on himself every 3 rounds, which totally cured his hp. it was near imposible to deplete all his Hp in those rounds.

Godzilla3001
04-19-2004, 09:19 AM
It's a matter of blasting him with all out attacks as soon as possible. Zidane will trance after a few turns (be assured of that) and then two grand lethals will take off 1/3rd of his Hp. Use a few Arks, the dark matter, and some frog drops. These are all extremely powerful attacks, or, if you've done it right, are guerenteed to do 9999 damage. but I agree, DO NOT ENTER WITHOUT PROTECTION FROM ALL STATUS AILMENTS!!! You're absoulutely doomed if you do not. And if you do use auto reflect, use reflect null's. It's wonderful

You don't actually need to use Grand Lethal, I use the two before it and they take off 9999 as well. Just thought I'd point that out...