PDA

View Full Version : The Luca Goers, first game

TidusX
03-04-2004, 01:45 AM
Is it possible to win this one, or is it totally impossible, I lost bye 2, so I imagine there should be some way to win it...

TheAbominatrix
03-04-2004, 01:58 AM
It's possible. Doesnt really change much, but it makes Wakka happy so I always try to win.

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2004, 02:08 AM
I managed to keep the game at zero until the last minute when they scored. Other than being that close I never managed to beat them ever in my 2 attempts afrerwards.

Black Waltz No3
03-04-2004, 06:59 PM
It is possible. Can't remember what my score was when I did. But it was rather close.

dman
03-05-2004, 11:04 AM
I won 2-0. But that's because I had Jecht Shot. While playing, I always changed the team formation to left when I was attacking, and right when I was on defense. This meant that that Dickson would have to go through many defenders to shoot goals.

Psychotic
03-05-2004, 07:01 PM
I also won 2-0.

In the first half, I made sure Tidus got enough exp, then by the second half, he had learnt Jecht shot, and I used it and scored. Then Wakka came on, and I used either wither or venom shot (Whichever one he starts with) and scored the other.

So yeah, Tidus and Wakka scoring = pretty cool result.

Mind you, on my first play through I lost 4-0...

eternalshiva
03-05-2004, 10:25 PM
I always win it, even if I have to reset just to see Wakka giggle with Glee when they prance around with the prize. Plus its an additional cut scene so why not.

TidusX
03-05-2004, 11:56 PM
wow, so how do you use stuff like the Jecht shot, im a total noob and I know the basics of blitz, but how to use the venom tackle and the jecht shot(I didnt get this move)is all beyond me right now. All my guys do is, tackle, the guy holds onto the ball, then my other guys tackle, by the ned he has a clear path to the goal. Then they rush the other guys net, shoot, lose the ball, or pass and lose the ball...

TidusX

Reina
03-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Last time, I won the game 3-2; Datto, Tidus and Wakka all getting one each.

To get the Jecht Shot you need to perform it successfully on the SS Winno before you get to Luca when you have the 'haunting memories' from Tidus' youth Zanarkand.
(Watching Datto trying to do it in the background afterwards while Tidus & Yuna are talking is hilarious).
I'm not sure if you are able to get it at any point later in the game...

Trouble is as your level is so low, your HP is low- so at the most you get to use it twice in the game (once each half) at first.

My tactic was basically Letty pass to Jassu, Jassu try and draw the Goers' RD (Balgera or whatever) out a bit then pass through to Tidus who has a chance of shoot unblocked- though most of these get saved.
If there were two players on defense, obviously the Jecht Shot got called upon.
Wakka scored the winner with his Venom Shot- what a way to retire!
*ahem*

Bickson is a ****, later on if you sign him for the Aurochs, and then later release him, he makes a comment about 'I made the Goers what the are today, you'd best remember that'. How big-headed is that? Especially sinced the Goers ditched him for Vilucha! Ha ha.

Equipping tackles and shots that you've learned is all the tutorial section on the blitzball menu, (I think you're forced to watch it also). That probably explains it a lot better than I could...

SpiritWolf
03-08-2004, 01:22 AM
I won 2-1 on my third try. It would have been a tie but time ran out right as one of there guys shot the ball.

Mo-Nercy
03-08-2004, 07:43 AM
The Goers are actually pretty easy. Tidus can't use Jecht Shot straight away, because it costs 120. So use Sphere Shot instead for the first half. Just get your defenders to pass the ball between themselves, while slowly pushing forwards. When you get to about halfway, pass through to Datto. Don't get him to move toward the goals, rather try to break up the Goer defense by passing between Letty and Datto and swimmingly accordingly. Don't move too far back or Tidus will retreat back as well. When the coast is clear, pass to Tidus, make sure your pretty close to the goals because Raudy has 8 catch and Tidus can get about 20 shot tops, so position yourself well. You should score from this. I find it better to stall until about 3 mins into the first half before putting this plan into action, so it leaves less time for the Goers to even up the score afterward.

Second half, try to do the same thing, but you'll have less time with Tidus. When Wakka comes on, you can try the same with him but it's a little bit harder with Venom Shot.