PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Hypothetic Situation

Amazing Telephone
03-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Haven't posted here in like over a year.

Anywho:

OK, someone has a weapon which will obliterate all humans into nothingness, unless they ingest a pill before the bomb goes off. The bomb will not damage the environment, not harm any plant or animal. You get handed 5 pills. Who do you save, if anyone?

For me:

My 3 Sisters
My Brother-In-Law
A healthy couple

I'd give my pill up and die. Only way the world can possibly continue and my family (save for my parents) can live without imbreeding.

All the animals on the planet survive. It's just humans that die.

Yamaneko
03-04-2004, 10:43 PM
I'd destroy the pills.

Kirobaito
03-04-2004, 10:44 PM
You think that you would give up your pill, but in that hypothetical situation, I would be surprised if anyone will. Anway, I would choose:

Me (What can I say, I'm selfish? And I'M THE ONE WHO GOT THE PILLS!)
The hottest girl on the planet (need repopulationg, right?)
A healthy couple from 20-30
A doctor

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2004, 10:45 PM
I'd make the existence of the pills known and sell four of them to the highest bidder(s). I'd probably be murdered for them in the process, but either way I'd be proliferating what's commonly considered "evil".

Yes, I really am this bitter today.

Kami
03-04-2004, 10:45 PM
I'd give it to 5 random animals... like... a kangaroo, a donkey, sloth, Mikky, and a hump back whale. Everyone loves hump back whales!

Kirobaito
03-04-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by The Amazing Telephone
The bomb will not damage the environment, not harm any plant or animal.

Nice way of dooming humanity, Kami.

Mikztsu
03-04-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Kami
I'd give it to 5 random animals... like... a kangaroo, a donkey, sloth, Mikky, and a hump back whale.

Sounds like fun to me, if it was yours to decide. :rolleyes2 *kill again* What am I supposed to do with those things? =P And I'm not an animal...nor am I Mikky.

I'd choose:

Me
Brother
Another brother
Little brother's fiancee
Then...I would like to make babies as well, and I wouldn't want to make them with little bro's wifey, so I'd choose someone I'd like to make little rainbow babies with.:)

I wouldn't take my parents, 'cause they'd probably want it this way as well. I know them that well.

Xider
03-04-2004, 11:16 PM
My Choice:

Me: I know it seems selfish, but if it were me, and I couldn't take the pill...I would let everyone go with me.

A Doctor: Okay, the fact of the matter is, we need a doctor. This doctor can teach doctor things and such.

The Hottest Teenage Girl Ever: I think we pretty much know what that's all about.

A Very Healthy Couple - And they would have to be a good looking couple. Maybe we can save the NEW EARTH from ever having ugly people.

Bahamut2000X
03-04-2004, 11:19 PM
I would save me.
Some pretty girl around my age.
My best friend.
Some other girl for him.
And some super doctor/scientist/astronaut/comedian/musician/actor kind of guy.

fire_of_avalon
03-04-2004, 11:40 PM
I find it interesting that no one really wants to save a potential mate with brains.

LH
03-04-2004, 11:55 PM
Me, Britney Spears, and the three meanest, toughest, nastiest people on the planet. I'd make those three fight it out to death like Rockstar's Manhunt for my entertainment while I vigorously tire out Ms. Spears.

Or maybe I'd save me, Britney Spears (again, as long as she dresses in that see-through thingy she wears in the Toxic video), that Juliana girl from E! News Daily, Halle Berry, and Angelina Jolie.

Nah. Really, I wouldn't accept that responsibility.

Peegee
03-05-2004, 12:26 AM
Probably my immediate family. Though this raises all sorts of imbredding questions. Besides 5 people is pretty pathetic in terms of repopulating the earth, so I might actually destroy them.

Reason
03-05-2004, 01:01 AM
I'd save me and my best friend.

I know I wouldn't save any family members; I'm not too attached to them. Perhaps my little sister, though.

Then... I honestly don't know. People often really annoy me, so I might very well ignore people I see daily. HAH. I'd give them to Levia and Ezellwen. Internet people rule. Levia, as the only male, would have the responsibility of repopulating. INTERESTING.

:D

ZeZipster
03-05-2004, 01:34 AM
I'd say it'd go in this order:

1. A Random Convict.
2. A Random Ex-Convict.
3. A Random Bad-Ass.
4. Me.
5. The person who destroyed the human race.

The outcome is simple, the guy with the fetish for nothingness weapons gets pummeled until the end of humanity.

Spuuky
03-05-2004, 05:05 AM
You will never repopulate the earth with 5 people, so that's not really a concern. I'd just save whoever I'd be happiest dealing with. Me, Nicky, 3 people who know how to survive in the wilderness.

Dr Unne
03-05-2004, 05:28 AM
<i>My 3 Sisters
My Brother-In-Law
A healthy couple</i> --Amazing Telephone

That's six people.

I'd pick my parents, sister, and I don't know about the other two. The situation is too extreme for me to really know. I'd likely have such a huge mental breakdown that I'd throw the pills in the trash and curl up in a ball and cry.

eestlinc
03-05-2004, 05:29 AM
it would be pretty depressing to be one of the only surviving humans on earth, especially if all the corpses were lying around everywhere.

Amazing Telephone
03-05-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
<i>My 3 Sisters
My Brother-In-Law
A healthy couple</i> --Amazing Telephone

That's six people.

I'd pick my parents, sister, and I don't know about the other two. The situation is too extreme for me to really know. I'd likely have such a huge mental breakdown that I'd throw the pills in the trash and curl up in a ball and cry.

Yeah, I said I'd give up my pill.

Edit: Oh. I meant besides a pill that is given to you.

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-05-2004, 05:52 AM
I'd take 'em all and parade around a deserted town free to do as I please, ala Homer Simpson.

Montoya
03-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Me, a mate, another couple; and a female doctor would be the people I would choose. But then I wonder why in the world would pills save them?

black orb
03-05-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
I'd destroy the pills.
>>> Same here..

EternalBahamut
03-05-2004, 07:00 AM
I would keep one for myself, give on eto my wife and daughter, one to my brother and the last one, like LH, to Britney Spears...only the best for my bro.

Garland
03-05-2004, 07:13 AM
Myself
one pregnant mother expecting twins/triplets,etc
one pregnant mother expecting twins/triplets, etc

Does that count as four? Do unborn children die in the wombs? That setup there gives me at least 13+ viable genepool members.

If I can't be tricky, I'll save myself, my parents, my sister, and whoever happens to be my gf at the time.

Del Murder
03-05-2004, 07:19 AM
I would eat all the pills just in case some were defective.

Meat Puppet
03-05-2004, 07:38 AM
Actually, I'd just save myself and breed with as many animals as I can find and see what new species I make. Might give on to an Iraqi as well so we can have more species.

Spatvark
03-05-2004, 10:41 AM
Dude, you guys are so thinking about this all wrong! I'd give the pills to the five hottest women I could find XD

Mikztsu
03-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Spatvark
Dude, you guys are so thinking about this all wrong! I'd give the pills to the five hottest women I could find XD

Hehe, yeah. I would've thought of that in any other given day that is not yesterday.

fire_of_avalon
03-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
I would eat all the pills just in case some were defective.
But then you'd be the only person left on earth. Wouldn't that kinda suck? Or wait, are you like that guy from the Twilight Zone who was all happy once the human race was destroyed because he could read to his hearts content then his glasses broke? Cause that would suck too.

I never understood that guy. He liked to read about fake people but he hated real people. He was dumb.

Del Murder
03-05-2004, 05:46 PM
...leave me alone.

Aphelion
03-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Let's see...
My parents
Me
The first girl I could see

Enough? Or maybe I should include my dog?

Dragonflame
03-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Spatvark

I have to agree with that. That would be so awesome. Although, I guess I would bring along one healthy couple with a pregnant women so humanity might have a chance of surviving.

Meat Puppet
03-05-2004, 11:34 PM
I'd plant the pills and try and see if they grow into trees.