PDA

View Full Version : My Final Fantasy Tactics 2 Idea!

Tatics Master
03-05-2004, 08:44 AM
I had this pondering around in my head for almost...well a few years as a starting point for Final Fantasy Tactics, a sequel! So I put it on paper and I will post it here for you all to read! Tell me what you think!:D

Setting: Igros Castle War Room

A Man standing facing a tall bookshelf, all of a sudden a knight runs in and kneels.

Knight: I have news from the spies my liege.

Figure pours himself a drink. Then he takes a sip.

Man: Well........

Knight: They confired that Ordalia's King is near his end.

Man: Our opportunity has arrived.

Knight: What do I tell the spies.

Man turns around, its Delita.

Delita: Tell them to return, there job is done.

Knight: Wouldn't you wait until they confirm his death, then we can…..

Delita interrupts.

Delita: Do you question my orders Galos?

Galos: No, please forgive me my king, I will tell them at once.

Galos leaves room. Delita puts down his drink and reaches for a wooden box on shelf.

Delita: Soon, very soon Invalice shall have its revenge!

Delita opens up the box and it lets out a very bright light.

[End Scene]

Setting: Bar in Ordalia

Word gets out about the king being very sick and in the afternoon the bar is very busy, with soldiers and mercenaries and hunters all talking about various things and at the bar talk turns to the issue of his highness.

Bartender: So what exactly is wrong?

Lancer: Well the king is sick, but our best chemist believes he was poisoned.

Lady Knight: I heard that to, but who would do such a horrible thing.
Lancer: I don't know, some think it was from the outside. From Ivalice.

Bartender: Didn't some soldiers on patrol capture some spies from Ivalice?

Lady Knight: Yes……but they where executed.

Lancer: Yes. But why would Ivalice do something like this, with the civil war they had not to long ago there still recovering.

Yellow haired man sitting at a nearby table over hears conversation.

Yellow Haired ManSpeaking softly) It makes no sense….Ivalice….sending spies. WHY?

Lancer: But I don't see a threat from them anyhow.

Lady Knight: One of them did say something about the stones will decide our fate……

Lady Knight stops talking as yellow haired man stands and looks at her.

Lady Knight: What the hell is your problem?

Yellow Haired Man: Did you say stones?

Lady Knight: Yes……..but its……..

Lancer: Who are you? I never seen you around here before.

Yellow hair Man: Ramza…..and you and your kingdom are in danger.

Lancer: In trouble……hahaha….I believe you've had a bit much to drink.

Ramza: Believe me, this is bigger than all of us. What else did those spies tell you?

Lady Knight: Nothing…..just that. Something about some silly stones.

Ramza leaves in a hurry.

Lancer: What the hell was his problem?

Bartender: I hope it wasn't the prices.

[End Scene]

So the starting point is Delita is still alive and is in rule of Ivalice and Ramza is still alive in Ordalia, and hears of the stones which he thought was destroyed with Altima.
But somehow they survived the explosion and ended up all over Ivalice at several different points.

There is no need to double-post, please use the Edit/Delete button under your post to add more to it. I've fixed this one for you. ^_^ - Xander

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-06-2004, 08:27 AM
That's pretty interesting, but don't they say that Ramza and Alma are never seen again?

Tatics Master
03-10-2004, 02:45 AM
yea...but what the hell.....it's not a sequel without Ramza!:) It wouldn't be the same:mad:

Tetra
03-10-2004, 06:35 PM
You're missing a vital piece of the puzzle. Cloud. In a dress. With his buster sword. :D

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 06:37 PM
And Delita died at the end of Tactics. There's no question about that.

Lloen
03-18-2004, 01:52 PM
It's interesting and all, probably doujinshi material, but I dont think a game would work. :D

Avalon_Beouvle07
03-27-2004, 12:25 AM
I think it's a great idea. I wish they would have made a sequel for real. I love Final Fantasy Tactics a lot. Your idea would make great fanfiction! Is there anyway you could write some more, or is that all you had?:cry: *claps* I loved it. Go and work for Square.

Tatics Master
04-02-2004, 01:18 AM
thanx for your responses tactics fans! I knew I would have some arguments that my idea isn't consistent with the end of the game...but I thought it would be more fun to have them stick around for the sequel!

Well Avalon I just basicly had an Idea for the begining of the game and I could write more but it would take me a while to continue on that and show how everyone was still around and other stuff...but maybe I will continue it....maybe I will! :)

Avalon_Beouvle07
04-02-2004, 06:45 AM
I LOVE YOUR SIG, BUT CHANGE IT. IT SHOULD SAY 'FINAL FANTASY TACTICS IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE'.:greenking
Your idea was very interesting. I would love to read more if you can make it.

Jumpoffabuilding
04-08-2004, 06:15 AM
That was pretty good but it did say that Ramza and Alma were never seen again, and you had a good point too it wouldnt be a FFT without Ramza. So why don't we just make it better and answer alot of questions that we all had well at least I had. How did Ramza's dad get to the highest level? It never really said I've beaten the game many many times and it never said anything about his life except that he was a hero in the 50 year war. So why not make #2 about that about Ramza's dads life. What do ya say?

Tatics Master
05-19-2004, 02:13 AM
thanx everyone for your thoughts on my idea..I read all of your points and counter points about the story.

I am working on a new Idea for FFT2 and this time it will be different and make sense with the end of the FFTT story.

If I feel its worth posting after I finish then I will, and I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Just give me some time.

AaronD
05-19-2004, 03:44 AM
i totally like the idea...but i think the idea of being ramza's father is ever better...the prelude to FFT...have Orlandu, Zalbag, and Dycedarg as special units like agrias. It would be a hell of a game if you ask me. :D

They should seriously make one for PS2...would be my dream come true...forget the gameboy one.

GhostGoose
05-19-2004, 11:23 AM
Yes a sequel would be really cool. An addition of 2-player battle system would be even cooler! cause me and my brother always argue who's the best fft-player :D

Azure Chrysanthemum
05-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Balbanes's story would be really good to hear. Don't just have Dycedarg, Orlandu, and Zalbag as special characters, you can also have Simon, Elmdor (before he becomes a Vampire), and all of them.

AaronD
05-23-2004, 03:43 AM
that would be a good idea...have the scene where ramza is 4 trying to hold up Orlandu's sword (got him yesterday and saw that lol).

definitely would be a good idea...should be made for PS2 lol

unknown88
05-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Another FFT sounds like a wonderful idea. Just think of all the possibilities. All the questions that where left unanswered in the first one and all the things that can be added. More info in the 50 year war, battles in the 50 year war, lost jobs, etc. Its excelent.

Brownjames07
05-31-2004, 04:44 AM
I guess it depends on how you see it, but I don't think that Delta died at the end of Tactics. It shows them stab each other but I don't remember them actually saying that Delta died. And about Ramza and Alma never being seen again, that was just one book. What if years later another discovery was made and a second book was found, conluding or continuing the first. That would kinda tie up some of the loose ends. I really don't think that Delta died at the end though.

I think that a game about the 50 year war would be great. Just to see what happened. The events that led to Ramza's dad's death, show what happened to Delta's parents, even show Ramza's mother and his half brothers parents. That's all that I have to say.

nickwilson
06-01-2004, 07:20 PM
the storey of the fifty year war would be a good game for ps2. tactics is my faverite final fantasy. beside x2. i like that delita survived even though he needed to. u could keep oliva alive to because he survives so can she lets say that when they find them they take them both back to castle see wakes up frist and tells the knights what he did and the take her to ordan ordlas son sorry for the disspelling to keep her alive form delita and he never find out intell later. when ramaza comes back with his sister and she could be a heavenly somthing night sence she with her brother and know she can fight plus give ramza some speciel knight stuff becauce every one had speciels beside him and get clould back in a dress with his stronges weapon and have side quest for some metia and they could contect that the metia and the stones are the same but in the future or would it be the past because of the flying ships and the stones in the ivlice or the only ones left and where the most powerful ones sorry for rambeling on but that is still a good idea fft2 theres some new idea for u to ponder :confused:

Tatics Master
06-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Those are all good points and great ideas but I was thinking about having the story move forward to a later time instead of going back into the past of the characters. Ethier way it would still pose a writer to answer a lot of questions be cause it has to have some elements that ties it to Final Fantasy Tactics.

I also read on game spot that Final fantasy tactics was one of the greatest games of all-time on there list..with Pac-man and a lot of other great games...but they didn't have any other FF games! :confused:

AaronD
06-04-2004, 03:44 AM
Thats Because Tacits Ownz Them All!

Avalon_Beouvle07
06-04-2004, 04:23 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!! heehee, sorry:-)

*becomes friends w/Aaron* He's right. Tactics does own all.

All of the ideas that have been presented here would make a great sequel to the greatest Final Fantasy ever made. I have about a million of my own ideas. You really started a good thread in my opinion, TacticsMaster.

nickwilson
06-05-2004, 03:57 AM
tactics does own all. and the story should move ahead but they could be flash back or a spealce part in the game like cloud was they were just ideas. to bad none of the big wigs of sony read this site the would find a gold mind. hopefully one of us will make it into sony and get the idea started. one of my friends said he might get in after going to florida to a tech school and get into sony but he is a dreamer. but dreams come true. only if we could get him off of ff XI. just think if they would combine 11 with tactics just think it would be awsome. oh well they might do it later and i heard that 12 is before tactics because it is in the same land. hey the dreamer friend is conviced that tactics advanced and fft is the same exact game just for game boy and it is driving me mad. sorry for the rant and raveing i just like to through idea and opions and see what sticks bye

Mega Man X
06-23-2004, 06:05 PM
You have an interesting script, thus far.

You should find an elite hacker to create the game, an ISO for ePSXe or something.
Use most of the same sprites, but edit and create some new ones for people like Ramza, Delita, etc.

I heard they were creating a sequal to FFT, but I don't think it would have been released in the US.. Seeing as how Sony isn't releasing sprited games into the US because of the Xbox player Stereotype on most americans, that we play only for the 3 dimensional graphics instead of excellent gameplay.

Those losers... :eep:

Yes a sequel would be really cool. An addition of 2-player battle system would be even cooler! cause me and my brother always argue who's the best fft-player :D

My mom and I play together, taking turns with our own characters. She only gets two, because she has the main character (who I happened to have created, named Megaman X. :shame: )
I have 3 characters, they're all generic.

A good way to fight is to use the gameshark code for world debug, then go to some place, and only use your best character, one on one against each other. That shit is fun.

2 player modes are awesome.. Wish my mom and I wouldn't have to pass the controller back and forth all the damn time. :p

EDIT: Please do not double post. Use the edit/delete button to add more to your last post. -Murder

adlaiff6
07-16-2004, 04:00 AM
they should remake the original tactics for gba...tactics advance just sucked...also, a tactics 2 would be good, but it would be a cult game (no way to insert good graphics) and no developer would take the job (again, XBox player stereotype)

http://maddox.xmission.com/wizard9.jpg (http://maddox.xmission.com)
...where was this scene?

UltimateSpamGrover
07-16-2004, 03:10 PM
I dont mean to be rude but...have you ever heard of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

Tatics Master
07-17-2004, 06:21 AM
FFTA is not considered by many a TRUE sequel to the first FFT.
I think it wasnt very well put together and it was to easy to defaet boards and stuff...I got bored with it within a hour and got tired of the small screen stuff. I would rather have a TRUE sequel than that knock-off they made. :shame:

aznshake101
08-03-2004, 11:55 PM
yea i rad all u guys wrote so far and i think u guys could defnetly start a sequel for FFT. Just make sure it can be for BOTH ps1 and ps2 cuz i might not be able to get a ps2...yes it sux... thnks :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-04-2004, 12:34 AM
FFTA isn't that great and doesn't really follow the FFT storyline beyond having Ivalice as the name.

aznshake101
08-06-2004, 12:53 AM
yeah FFTA isn't that great to be a sequel to FFT and the final fantasy series never ever they have made a sequel, (except of course FFX-2 HEHE :D) all the final fantasy games have a diferrent story and background and stuff, its a whole new different game in each,.

Giga Guess
08-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Uhhhh....call me ignorant, but I don't recall Delita dying at all. He stabbed Ovelia (Was that the princess' name, again? Sorry...), and walked away muttering about How Ramza does it, or something like that.

Azure Chrysanthemum
08-14-2004, 01:24 AM
That's what it seemed like to me. It didn't look like Ovelia stabbed him, especially since he slowly and deliberately pulled out a dagger and stabber her, then just walked away.

Tatics Master
08-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Well in the little book you get with the game it says Delita has a long rule........maybe he had a Phoenix Down in his pocket or something or a Chemist was walking around and saved them both. Or maybe Delita had 300 HP and the stabbing just happened to take off 298 HP and bring him to his knees. Ha! Who knows.
Heres something that crossed my mind....If Olan Durai* wrote the Brave story then maybe this isn't a true ending. It kind of left a cliffhanger kind off thing going. Whos to say Square soft won't make another one...there sure taking there sweet time though! :mad2:

Giga Guess
08-14-2004, 06:13 PM
...And at the end, it syas Ramza and Alma were never seen again, but that doesn't necessarily mean they were blown to itty bitty bits, either. I mean they were seen riding chocobos in the ending. Square has done stranger things.

Msilver
10-16-2004, 08:31 AM

easy to solve. go into battle, massacre pathetic monsters, heal all members, hp and mp. each person get two chars, and the fith sits it out. proceed to kick other teams ass in turn with your brother. it takes some preperation to build up each char as wanted, but i've played 2 player tactics co-op this way, just choosing chars and taking turns.

acctaully had 3-player. two people got extra char in co-op

and a sequal to tactics would make life worthwhile just by existing.

TA doesn't count. storyline sucked.