PDA

View Full Version : most annoying ff yet

FinalLethal
03-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Is it just me or is ffx-2 possibly the most annoying ff in terms of gameplay. One example is fighting against the Magus Sisters, their delta attack takes your hp to 1, then even though you already have a health spell or whatever ready, they still get 3 shots in before you get to use it. Now i mean i have been able to survive many delta attacks but eventually i just dont have time to do anything because their 'no waiting time' philosophy to magic and special moves beats me to it.

Basically this link is just for people to express their feelings on how the game turned out.

btw, i dont want anyone to write, "maybe you arent good enough" or "obviously you havent trained enough" or "stop whingings" 's. If you are thinking of doing that, dont even bother posting, what are you proving? ..nothing, if you dont like it then dont read it.

lates

Mo-Nercy
03-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Oh, I wouldn't dream of it. In fact, I wanna whine with you. Stupid Magus Sisters. I can't beat them either.

However, I think FFX-2 is a great game. And it's not worth hating just because you can't beat a boss. (a very hard boss but still...)

NM
03-05-2004, 10:53 AM
It is annoying that you have to wait for moves to be executed. But the ATB guage for that character is full again after they have done there move. So it kinda balances out.

Still a pain in the a*** like when you just wanna cure all your characters though. :D

jochirin
03-05-2004, 10:59 AM
i gotta agre magus sisters is poverfull thoug i never los to them they dident use delta attack on me mabey caus i killed the litel pasado freak so fast hate pasado thoug its realey good. and no i dident levle alot i vas on lvl 55+ something like that and they vere pritey easey after the pasado freak died :D.

FinalLethal
03-05-2004, 11:29 AM
hehe, well i just beat them, after being determined to do it before i went to bed. I think i was relatively low levelled on what i should be at that stage anyway?
40,38,38?

i took out the one that does razia first before they could do delta attack, so i was lucky cuz some of my phsyical attacks were still doing above 1000 with paine on a combo. After one dies its easy, i still hate how they got a 2 attack - 1 attack ratio over me. Magus sisters will never be the same again for me in ffX.

The game just got impossibly hard without training just after the thunder plains fiend i had to kill. That Magus sisters battle was one of the hardest battles iv had, cept for oldschool supernintendo FF.

oh and i dont hate the game because i cant beat the Magus Sisters, i just find it really annoying how the battle system works, its good because its fast, but when the enemy gets literally 3 goes each before i get 1, it tends to piss me off

lates

eternalshiva
03-05-2004, 02:43 PM
wtf? I beat them the first try. and they never did their delta attack :/ It was a waste of time. That angry whatsitname in the desert, now that was a challenge. xD :love:

Depends what grids and equipment you have on. System seems to be basically the same as the other FF. Cast Haste or something :/ Use Dark knights and alchemists. I had Beserker, Dark Knight and Alchemist and I kicked their butt all over the place. xD

Sefie1999AD
03-05-2004, 04:41 PM
I beat Magus Sisters on my first time. They never had time to use their Delta Attack. Dark Knight's Darkness and Gunner's Trigger Happy are great there as well as Alchemist's Mega Potion.

I really liked FFX-2, and it was a great game, but there are a few things that should be better, IMHO:

1) Many areas are identical to their FFX versions. It's realistic that the landscapes of the places have remained the same, but surely Square Enix could have enhanced those places more?

2) You can't change your camera angles. Usually this isn't much of a problem, but sometimes it's hard to walk around when the camera's zooming to totally wrong places.

3) Not all the mini-games are great. Even though there are entertaining games too and Sphere Break is fun, Blitzball seems as bad as ever and the towers 7-10 are really annoying to calibrate in Thunder Plains.

FinalLethal
03-06-2004, 01:53 AM
well, i missed out on alot of side missions because i wanted to do them after i completed the whole game normally. Now it seems like its almost impossible for me to beat the game, since im upto the 2nd boss after the magus sisters (for those who arent up to it yet). The one you fight after playing the keyboard.

now i mean how the hell do you beat that? this game is disappointing because square used basically all the same monsters/bosses from X and made the game extremely hard to make up for the lack of story.

Maybe there is a lot to go after i beat this boss, i dunno. But If you look at other FF's they had a much deeper/better storyline with lots of twists, X-2 doesnt seem to. I would prefer a ff with longer/bigger storyline with easier bosses, than one with a stupid storyline and hard bosses that require you to train for 10 hours. Maybe they ran out of ideas and thought "hey lets waste players times by throwing in stupidly hard bosses so they have to train to compensate for the lack of gameplay"

lates

by the way i hope you guys know which boss im talking about? Im from Australia so i dunno which version of the game i have?

No double posting please, see that Edit/Delete button below your post? It's cool. ^_^ ~ Xander

SomethingBig
03-06-2004, 03:21 AM
I thought that this game was incredible. FFX paled in comparison to FFX-2, IMO. Although I do agree that the Magus Sisters are ridiculously hard, it doesn't make the entire game annoying; just that one part. I have every ability for Yuna's Floral Fallal and I can't seem to kill the Magus Sisters. They manage to use Delta Attack on me at least twice. Plus, they use Not So Mighty Guard, which casts Hastega and Regen, so I usually only do like 100 damage every turn. They also manage to attack at least 3-4 times before my pistils and/or Yuna get to attack.

Sefie1999AD
03-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by FinalLethal
by the way i hope you guys know which boss im talking about? Im from Australia so i dunno which version of the game i have?

I think I know which boss that is. You AREN'T supposed to fight it unless you're on level 99, have beat Via Infinito or are simply over-daring. Those ultra-hard bosses guard gates that you haven't unsealed yet. If you try to walk through a sealed gate, you'll encounter that deadly boss and it will most likely kill you. The good news is that you can still run away from that boss. Don't walk through sealed gates until you've played all the keyboards correctly and seen yourself that the seal has gone off. I also used Charm Bangle after walking past the flower field to eliminate all random encounters.

I don't think FFX-2 is that hard except at the beginning of Chapter 3. Psychotic beat it on level 44 or so, and he thought it was a breeze. I beat it on levels 52-53 and didn't have any problems.

Pure Strife
03-07-2004, 01:13 PM
I beat the Magus sisters first try around level 40 with a white mage, a thief and a samurai, the first and third of which had barely any abilities due to me mastering the defaults before changing any at all. Whilst many aspects of the characters and story were annoying, I don't think the bosses were too hard, it never took me more than a couple of tries.

Penance99999
03-20-2004, 11:44 AM
I owned them in my first playthrough somehow....

Then in my second they wiped the floor with me about 5 times before i could beat them. Its so damn annoying.

Cindy casts not so mighty guard. Its like 10x better than mighty gaurd, I don't get why they called it "not so".

It casts haste, protect, shell ups their stats. Worst positive status effect a boss could use on itself.

You have to dispel it asap coz they start getting in like 3 hits for every one of yours.

I am so pumped on my third playthrough! I have many dresspheres mastered. I'm doing 100% completion. Got cat nip, iron duke. Hahahaha, they are gonna get drilled sooo bad this time round!:D