PDA

View Full Version : Lying

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 05:09 PM
How often do you lie? Do you like lying? Are you a compulsive liar? Did you ever lie under oath?

PS: First 10 people who post in this thread get to be Recognized Members.

Erdrick Holmes
03-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Ok first of all, no! 2nd of all Unne you lie! 3rd of all I feel liars suck. I hate people that lie, it really irrotates me, I may joke around for a "haha" but I will never lie.

crono_logical
03-07-2004, 05:21 PM
1. Rarely, if at all.
2. Nope, I'd rather dodge the question by structuring the way I say something in such a manner it's still truth and not lie. I guess this is why in courts, you're sworn to tell "the whole truth" to make that much harder to do :p
3. Nope.
4. I can't say I've ever been under oath, to my knowledge anyway :p

The Man
03-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
How often do you lie?Not very often, if I can help it. Generally, if I lie, it's to protect somebody's feelings.

Do you like lying? Not particularly. Like Guu, I prefer to give evasive answers that still represent the truth than flat-out lie to people.

Are you a compulsive liar?I should hope not.

Did you ever lie under oath?I don't believe I've ever BEEN under oath. In any case, no.

PS: First 10 people who post in this thread get to be Recognized Members. I highly doubt it.

Mikztsu
03-07-2004, 05:22 PM
I only lie when "necessary". I try tell a white lie to make someone feel better/protect someone. Sometimes failing miserably in that.

escobert
03-07-2004, 05:24 PM
I used to lie a lot but I've grown up. I'd rather tell teh truth now and just deal with what ever I did. I've never been under oath so no I haven't lied under oath.

Doomgaze
03-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I lack this thing called "tact," so I tend to be honest. :)

And yes, it really does lower my opinion of someone if they've been lying about something major, especially to their friends and loved ones.

Bernhard
03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Maybe once a month? I do not enjoy lying, but I used to be a compulsive liar, which basically meant that I lied without even reflecting upon it. Not to purposefully hurt people or anything, I just stated things that weren't true.

Montoya
03-07-2004, 05:37 PM
I often lie, but that is natural, for everyone wether they think so or not. But I hate lyers who do it full knowingly. I don't think I've ever lied under oath.

White Raven
03-07-2004, 05:38 PM
I lie only when saying the truth would hurt someone...like if someone asked me if they looked nice I'd always say yes.

Bernhard
03-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Me too. The other day some guy asked me if his new eau de toilette smelled nice. Needless to say, it didn't. In fact, it smelled like it belonged on the neck of a 54-year old spinster with no sense of smell. But I nodded in an approving manner. :aim~:

Burtsplurt
03-07-2004, 05:45 PM
I find it hard to lie, even if the truth would hurt. I don't think I'd sound sincere when lying, so that's probably not a bad thing.

I can think of a few times when I have lied, and I still feel guilty about them. Best to tell the truth and feel good, even if it's selfish.

Doomgaze
03-07-2004, 05:50 PM
No more RMs, that's 10.

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Yeah, I'll get right on that. Though Guu might be upset at the demotion.

Del Murder
03-07-2004, 06:03 PM
I lie impulsively, I don't like it and try not to do it, but when I'm backed into a corner I lie. It's one of the things I dislike about myself.

The Man
03-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I'll get right on that. Though Guu might be upset at the demotion. He has ftp access, he'll be able to sort it out himself anyway.

escobert
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Yeha just skip him give everone else RM :p

Erdrick Holmes
03-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Can I be an RM? Thanks.

Mr. Graves
03-07-2004, 07:00 PM
1. I try not to, even if It means hurting the other person.
2. No.
3. No.
4. No.

Advent Child
03-07-2004, 09:02 PM
1. Probably once daily.
2. I don't like it or dislike it. They're all white lies.
3. No.
4. No.

Leeza
03-07-2004, 09:11 PM
<i>How often do you lie?</i>
Not often at all. I don't remember the last time that I actually, purposely lied.

<i>Do you like lying?</i>
No.

<i>Are you a compulsive liar?</i>
No.

<i>Did you ever lie under oath?</i>
No.

Del Murder
03-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Joel
Can I be an RM? Thanks.
Of course you can!

DocFrance
03-07-2004, 10:47 PM
How often do you lie? Do you like lying? Are you a compulsive liar? Did you ever lie under oath?

In short:

The US Air Force Academy Honor Code:
"We will not lie, steal, or cheat, nor tolerate among us anyone who does."

I live my life by that code.

Tokki Wartooth
03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
I never lie!

Kirobaito
03-07-2004, 11:03 PM
I lie, but it's to be stupid. It goes along with smartassism. That sort of thing. Like, if someone asks me where someone is, without knowing I say, "that way", and then they turn around and I start laughing, loud enough to where they know I'm lying. But rarely where it actually hurts someone.

Todie
03-07-2004, 11:07 PM
I find lying unacceptable. When I was an child, I lied a lot, but I was a child. Now that I'm older, I find no need to lie. It can screw things up and really hurt people. Even when people ask me how they look, I will tell them the truth, even if it's not what they want to hear.
But the only time I've lied recently was to my mother about practicing. Said that I had done two practice sessions of an hour when I had only really done one session of an hour and a half. As dumb as it sounds, I feel bad about that and I'm not doing it again.
*smacks self*
Never been under oath and don't plan on lying!

Shlup
03-07-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't often have any reason to lie, but I fudge sometimes. For example, when my mother asks me what I did over the weekend I skip some parts.

White Raven
03-07-2004, 11:40 PM
So when are we becoming reconized members?
*relizes that Dr Unne was being ironic*
Nevermind...

Yamaneko
03-08-2004, 12:43 AM
Sometimes. Not much though.

black orb
03-08-2004, 04:15 AM
>>> I just lie about stupid things.. like the location under my avatar, is a lie..
when some websites ask me for the ZIP code (whatever the zip code is) I lie too and I just put some random numbers there..

Peegee
03-08-2004, 04:42 AM

Not to doubt you or anything, because I'd obviously trust a stranger (we haven't met; hence you are a stranger), but I remember you saying you hated liars and thought of them as the scum of the earth.

So to see Joel as a recognised member is just amazing.

BTW I don't lie. Like, ever. Unless you consider omission a form of lying, which I don't.