PDA

View Full Version : Cats vs. dogs

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 05:23 PM
This is where we discuss all the ways in which cats are superior to dogs, and how only dumb people own dogs because they're dumb. Proceed.

Erdrick Holmes
03-07-2004, 05:24 PM
*owns the best damn dog on the planet*

escobert
03-07-2004, 05:26 PM
*Owns a cat that thinks it's a dog* I like cats better. they're more indipendent.

Mikztsu
03-07-2004, 05:27 PM
I love cats. I semi-have two cats ( at parents). They clean themselves, they are very clean in many ways ( like going to sandbox and covering their feces). And they're funny as hell. :) And I feel cats are very smart. And besides, they are 10000 x cuter than ugly dawgs.

The Man
03-07-2004, 05:28 PM
I actually can't say that I prefer one over the other, although I come from a dog-loving family so I have a dog at the moment. My best friend has a cat who's really cool though, so whatever.

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 05:33 PM
- Most dogs produce feces in quantities at least an order of magnitude greater than cats do, unless you own a cougar or something.
- Dogs are loud. Why would you want an uncontrolable, never-ending source of noise to live in your house with you?
- Dogs try to hump you. I take offense at this.

escobert
03-07-2004, 05:35 PM
My cat is REALLY loud he never shuts up.

Bernhard
03-07-2004, 05:37 PM
I prefer felines, cats in this particular case. It has to do with elegance, I'd suspect. I admire their ability to move without sound. And to boot, I enjoy the sound of a cat purring.

Burtsplurt
03-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Cats don't run after sticks, which makes them infinitely better. I'll ignore the fact that they'll happily play with a ball of wool, because I'm biased.

Dogs are smelly.

Nimrook
03-07-2004, 05:41 PM
When I was about 4 my neighbour's dogs came into our garden and scratched my leg and it bloody hurt. There's been cats in my house all my life and they're so much nicer. I haven't particularly liked dogs ever since then, and I can't particularly remember anything before then either. :p

Doomgaze
03-07-2004, 05:47 PM
My dog only does 1 out of 3, Unne. Hah!

But, yes, I could sculpt an entire army of cats out of the mess in the backyard.

Leeza
03-07-2004, 05:59 PM
I think that needy people needs dogs and dogs need needy people. You can't leave a dog by itself because it gets lonely, etc. A needy person will pay a lot more attention to a dog so then they're both happy. Not that I don't like dogs, but I don't want to give all of the time that it takes to make one happy. Having a dog is like having a child, except for the birthing part. :)

Cats are independent, cute, clean, fun and they usually purr more than they slober.

Del Murder
03-07-2004, 06:06 PM
A dog will protect you if the going gets rough, a cat won't (and doesn't) do squat. Cats just lay around and sleep all day. Hell I could do that.

Nait
03-07-2004, 06:08 PM
As the member of a family with two or three indoor-cats (and a few more) plus a dog, I think I can say that both are good in small doses.

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Every dog my parents have ever owned would either lick you or hide under the table and pee itself if an intruder came into our house.

Doomgaze
03-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Doesn't slobber, either.

Mikztsu
03-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Our cats can fish ( seriously, that happened once) and hunt by themselves, too. ;-) They've grown in the woods, by the lake...so yeah. They don't like winters, though.

Giggles
03-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Dr Unne: Every dog my parents have ever owned would either lick you or hide under the table and pee itself if an intruder came into our house.

Maybe your family mistreated dogs.

The Man
03-07-2004, 06:22 PM
My dogs have always barked as much as possible at intruders. Go figure.

DocFrance
03-07-2004, 06:39 PM
You just can't go wrong with a golden retriever or a labrador.

escobert
03-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by The Man
My dogs have always barked as much as possible at intruders. Go figure.

Same with mine. My dads dog kills cows. But shes a crazy half wolf dog thingy. Can't go outside or she'll kill something. My mom has 3 golden retrivers. They need too much attention. I have 4 cats. they all just run around and kill birds all day. One of my cats likes to kill humming birds.

Skogs
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I agree. I have a golden retriever (well, he's back at home with the parents) and he's been a part of the family for nearly nine years now. I wouldn't trade him for any other animail.

As soon as I can afford one and have my own house, I'm getting a dog. Maybe another golden retriever or a German shepard.

Mr. Graves
03-07-2004, 06:57 PM
-Dogs are more loyal to humans
-Dogs won't attack you if you bother them. (assuming they know you/are their master)
-Dogs do what you tell them too if your trained
-Protection

So, I'd say getting a dog is a pretty smart move if you know how to train him/her. Also, every dog your parents ever owned isn't every dog in the world. You really can't go by that.

Yamaneko
03-07-2004, 07:00 PM
I like 'em both. I just like cats a little bit more.

Erdrick Holmes
03-07-2004, 07:02 PM
I used to have an obedient cat that knew how to play air hocky and can push my door shut on command. My mom stole her from me though.

Breine
03-07-2004, 07:12 PM
Well, I love both so it's kinda hard to choose...

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 07:17 PM
<i>-Dogs are more loyal to humans</i> --Mr. Graves

Dogs are loyal to their food source.

<i>-Dogs won't attack you if you bother them. (assuming they know you/are their master)</i>

Some dogs will attack anything that moves. Dogs are aggressive (and evil).

<i>-Dogs do what you tell them too if your trained</i>

Cats don't need to be trained.

<i>-Protection</i>

That's what door locks are for.

<i>Also, every dog your parents ever owned isn't every dog in the world. You really can't go by that.</i>

You're a communist.

RSL
03-07-2004, 07:23 PM
The last cat my parents had would refuse to crap in the litter box. Instead, it crapped on the floor. It isn't fun walking into a pile of cat crap. So what if it's smaller than a pile of dog crap? It still sucks to step in it.

Luckily, my parents got rid of the cat. Thank god.

Peegee
03-07-2004, 08:54 PM
Pets in general are bad

Ultima Seraph
03-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
<i>-Dogs are more loyal to humans</i> --Mr. Graves

Dogs are loyal to their food source.

<i>-Dogs won't attack you if you bother them. (assuming they know you/are their master)</i>

Some dogs will attack anything that moves. Dogs are aggressive (and evil).

<i>-Dogs do what you tell them too if your trained</i>

Cats don't need to be trained.

<i>-Protection</i>

That's what door locks are for.

<i>Also, every dog your parents ever owned isn't every dog in the world. You really can't go by that.</i>

You're a communist.

Firstly... it's CATS that are loyal to the food source. Dogs are loyal to people they love.

Secondly the dogs that will "attack" anything are either a) abused b) guard dogs c) un-disciplined. I've been around EVERY dog you can imagine and I've NEVER been attacked.

Thirdly, yes, cats don't need to be trained... (which makes them worthless in my opinion) but... um... I'd rather train an animal to attack(dogs) some dumb ass intruder then have it run (cats).

Fourthly... since when did locks ever stop people from breaking and entering and possibly worse?

I'd rather be a communist than a facist. o_o;

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 09:30 PM
<i>Instead, it crapped on the floor. It isn't fun walking into a pile of cat crap. So what if it's smaller than a pile of dog crap? It still sucks to step in it.</i> --RSL

At the very least, cat crap is no worse than dog crap then. And with dog crap being far bigger in volume and surface area, you have much more of a chance stepping in it. Plus, ALL dogs crap outside (or inside) in random places. At least MOST cats can be trained to crap in a box. My parents' dogs refuse to crap anywhere where there's already crap lying in the yard. So you end up with a mine-field of crap evenly spread throughout your yard.

<i>Dogs are loyal to people they love.</i> --Ultima Seraph

And they love you if and only if you give them food.

<i>Secondly the dogs that will "attack" anything are either a) abused b) guard dogs c) un-disciplined.</i>

d) hungry

<i>Thirdly, yes, cats don't need to be trained...</i>

Glad we agree on that point.

<i>Fourthly... since when did locks ever stop people from breaking and entering and possibly worse?</i>

That's generally what locks do. If they don't do that, why do people buy them?

<i>I'd rather be a communist than a facist. o_o;</i>

That sounds like something a COMMUNIST would say.

Mr. Graves
03-07-2004, 09:33 PM
How can a person preferring cat to dogs make someone better than another, or make the person who prefer dogs to cats a communist? This is a serious question.

O_o

Ultima Seraph
03-07-2004, 09:37 PM
<i>Dogs are loyal to people they love.</i> --Ultima Seraph

And they love you if and only if you give them food.

The same thing could be said of all animals. Why? They're instinctive. At least a dog will love you even if you lack food in the hand. Oh yeah... and I never recall having to coax a dog to me with food... funny you have to do that with cats...

<i>Secondly the dogs that will "attack" anything are either a) abused b) guard dogs c) un-disciplined.</i>

d) hungry

Um... dogs don't eat people. I do recall five years ago or so... some owner died in his apartment and all the cats he had ate his corpse... hm...

<i>Thirdly, yes, cats don't need to be trained...</i>

Glad we agree on that point.

Oh my... you forgot to mention... that makes them worthless.

<i>Fourthly... since when did locks ever stop people from breaking and entering and possibly worse?</i>

That's generally what locks do. If they don't do that, why do people buy them?

Good question. Why don't they just buy a doberman pincer?

<i>I'd rather be a communist than a facist. o_o;</i>

That sounds like something a COMMUNIST would say.

And that sounds like something a fascist would say. I really hope you're as serious about the communist thing as I am about the fascist thing.

Bernhard
03-07-2004, 09:40 PM
I love it how you take this so seriously. :aimkiss:

Leeza
03-07-2004, 09:43 PM
Our neighbour has a beautiful Golden Retreiver. It comes into our yard to do it's business every day. When he has his friends over, they come and do their business their as well. Nice dogs. :)

Kirobaito
03-07-2004, 09:43 PM
There's no comparison. Of course, living in dawg country, I'm biased, but cats are just boring. I thought the point of having a pet was to buy yourself a friend? And if you buy a dog when it's a puppy, that dawg will love you forever. That's the way it is between me and my Peanut. (...stop thinking that perverts.)

Cats are stupid. I want to kill them all. Except the lions in "The Lion King." That movie still makes me cry.

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 09:48 PM
<i>This is a serious question.</i> --Mr. Graves

I think that's your problem right there.

<i>The same thing could be said of all animals etc. etc. I'm a communist etc.</i> --Ultima Seraph

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/cats/ksw-june99-kitten.jpg

Leeza
03-07-2004, 10:07 PM
The kitten is so cute! How can a big slobbering dog be preferred to that? :)

Kirobaito
03-07-2004, 10:13 PM
If you compare a baby cat to a large dog, of course the baby cat is going to be cuter. But try being fair and comparing an adorable little puppy to a kitten that claws you.

http://instaar.colorado.edu/cosmolab/baffin/images/imagemap/puppy.jpg

How frickin' adorable is that?

http://www.pudikatzcattery.com/cats/male%20seal%20lynx%20%20kitten_small.jpg

Who the hell wants to wake up to that every morning?

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 10:35 PM
<i>How frickin' adorable is that?</i> --King Bahamut

Look at that weird black outline. It's like some kind of aura of pure evil.

crono_logical
03-07-2004, 10:37 PM
All dogs > http://leeza160.homestead.com/files/LilyWhitesig2.jpg

Kirobaito
03-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Exactly. Is that a cat or a rat in Leeza's sig? And the black outline--the picture was taken when that beautiful pup was surrounded by cats. It was their evil aura that surrounded the beautiful dog, and his light shined through. Just that picture was cut from the real picture.

Nice recovery, eh?

Dr Unne
03-07-2004, 10:44 PM
No.

http://www.it-house.com/pictures/cat.hammock-light.jpg

Kirobaito
03-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Is that picture supposed to be cute? Looks to me like the cat is laying in its web, because cats are really spiders.

EDIT: I got it! Tybalt is the king of cats, and Tybalt is evil. Atleast in Romeo and Juliet, he is.

Tokki Wartooth
03-07-2004, 10:52 PM
- Most dogs produce feces in quantities at least an order of magnitude greater than cats do, unless you own a cougar or something.
It depends on the size of the dog, of course.

- Dogs are loud. Why would you want an uncontrolable, never-ending source of noise to live in your house with you?
Because dogs have that sixth-sense of loyalty to guard their house and their owners. And cats have NO CONCEPT of loyalty, because they are evil and traitorous.

- Dogs try to hump you. I take offense at this.
I've had plenty of cats try to rape me as well!

http://img6.photobucket.com/albums/v20/harlequil/Tippy3.jpg

How can you you say no to that face! Evil, evil Unne!

crono_logical
03-07-2004, 10:53 PM
I've forgotton which we're arguing is better now :p

Agent Proto
03-07-2004, 11:47 PM
Cats leave insane amount of fur everywhere.

http://www.adaok.com/chi-puppy.jpg

Kirobaito
03-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Proto, I tried posting that same pic from google about a hundred times, and it would never work. It's all because you're a darn Knight...stupid racism...errr, cidism...

Leeza
03-08-2004, 12:13 AM
http://leeza160.homestead.com/files/LilyWhitesig2.jpg > http://leeza160.homestead.com/files/Uglydog.jpg

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 12:15 AM
Why are you showing abused dogs? That's quite morbid.

Leeza
03-08-2004, 12:18 AM
That's a Chinese Crested hairless dog. Hardly abused. That's natural. Not saying he's ugly or anything, but a cat is definitely one up on that. :)

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=www.drzoolittle.net/dcrested4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.drzoolittle.net/hmpgmre.html&h=191&w=247&sz=14&tbnid=p50v_y_SdmQJ:&tbnh=81&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dugly%2Bdogs%26start%3D20%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

Nino Brown
03-08-2004, 12:25 AM
I'm going to be getting a cat in the near future.

Cats > Dogs

Yamaneko
03-08-2004, 12:37 AM
This thread is hilarious. :D

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 12:41 AM
I know, Yams. It's hilarious how the majority of people here like cats more than dogs.

Dr Unne
03-08-2004, 12:54 AM
It's hilarious how many of you are COMMUNISTS.

http://www.formanet.co.yu/slike/animals/Cats%2039.jpg

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 12:55 AM
I see no cuteness. And these pics are getting bigger and bigger ain't they?

Yamaneko
03-08-2004, 12:57 AM
That IS cute. I'm not afraid to admit it.

The Man
03-08-2004, 12:57 AM
http://customgems.com/poodles/silver_puppy1b.jpg

bennator
03-08-2004, 04:29 AM
Without getting too much into it, let me just say that I've never been attacked by a cat.

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 04:35 AM
Never has a cat "loved me or cuddled me." My dog will always love me...my Peanut never stops loving me.

Tokki Wartooth
03-08-2004, 04:39 AM
what does being a communist have to do with knowing that dogs are superiour to cats? :(

Logan
03-08-2004, 04:41 AM
You obviously don't have a cuddly and loving cat, then. Go buy a kitten and then tell me a cat has never cuddled with you :aimsad:

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 04:49 AM
I could never buy a cat. They will simply scratch me and run from me. Because that's what EVIL EVIL CATS DO! Or, in other words, all cats.

Todie
03-08-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
I could never buy a cat. They will simply scratch me and run from me. Because that's what EVIL EVIL CATS DO! Or, in other words, all cats.
Yeah. My dog ROCKS! Beatrice is so loving and more attentive to me than any cat I've ever run into. Though, I have had one or two that have been sorta cuddly but Dogs are still much better companions is my opinion. They can save your life, a cat will just run away.

Chemical
03-08-2004, 05:28 PM
I own 2 cats myself but I don't think they are superior to dogs just as I don't think dogs are superior to cats.

In my books their both two beautiful animals amoung a million other. Each with their own personality and majestic qualities. I love them both.

animee_
03-08-2004, 05:53 PM
I love both cats and dogs... except for my cat is evil, and my doggie is the coolest pup ever!

This isn't the best pic I have of him cause I took this pic on my phone a while ago, but this is my little Odin... hes like a big teddy bear *hugs*

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 05:54 PM
That dog strangely enough actually looks like an "Odin." My dog's name is Peanut. She's the best dog in the world.

Nino Brown
03-09-2004, 01:16 AM
Listen, folks. I said that cats are better than dogs and what I say goes!

Cats > Dogs

Cid
03-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Cat are so much better.