PDA

View Full Version : calm lands secret chicken dungeon thing... izzle

Ryan
03-07-2004, 07:08 PM
I am heartily confused, but in this case i'm just misguided about the whole secret dungeon in the calm lands. It says to send a level five chicken to the calm lands and viola you get special cave thing. but i've sent my level five chicken there repeatedly and got a couple of items and a couple of garment grids.. not that i'm complaining about the garment grids, but must... open ...cave....

help? words of advice??? muffins????

SeeDRankLou
03-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Are strawberry muffins ok? :)

Chickens...LOL, they're called chocobos, but that's kind of funny.

The method you are using to open one of the secret caves is for the one on Mi'ihen Road, not the one in the Calm Lands. Send a level 5 chocobo to Mi'ihen Road and it will find a secret cave.

For the Calm Lands, it's a bit more labor intensive. You are going to have to send 3 chocobos of every level out and have them return. So, if you are in Ch. 5, do the following:

Capture fourteen chocobos if you haven't already. Save your game, and try to level up the all of your chocobos as much as possible. If you have four that can level up to level 5, then yay, reset your game. If not, reset your game and release some that wouldn't level up very much and catch some more, save and repeat. Make sure that you have three that can be in every level and four in level 5.

Send out four level one chocobos. Send one that can't level beyond level one to Bikanel. It WILL run away, that's ok, it will benefit you. Save your game before you check to see if they have returned (fight 8 battle before checking). If they all return then yay, if not, reset your game until they return except for the one that was suppose to run away. After this, go catch one more chocobo.

Level up three of your chocobos to level 2. Send them out and have them return. Then to level 3, send them out, have then return. Then to level 4, send them out, have them return. Then level 5, send them out, have them return. Then, level up one more chocobo to level 5 and move it to the chocobo runners area to that all of your chocobo runners are at level 5. Save. Exit the Chocobo Ranch and re-enter. You should automatically get a scene with Clasko and then the dungeon that you want will be open. If you don't, you've done something wrong.

To lessen the likelihood of you chocobos running away, always send them to areas they like and always have 14 chocobos, which you should.

Timid like: Kilika, Thunder Plains, Bikanel
Normal like: Besaid, Moonflow, Macalania
Bold like: Djose Highroad, Calm Lands

And, everytime your chocobos come back, feed them to keep their heart at 100.

Mmm...I think that's it.