PDA

View Full Version : One reason for a friend, one reason for a soulmate

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 03:32 PM
This is similar to a "What trait is most important to you" thread.

If you could only use one criteria to meet that special someone (i.e. they are good-looking/pretty, they're funny, they're ambitious, etc... and that's all that you cared about in the person), what would it be?

Also, if you could only use one criteria to choose your best friend, what would it be?

How is this different than a "What trait is most important to you" thread you ask? In this thread, only one trait matters, and you have no control over any other, meaning that if you want a person who is funny, you would be with someone who is smart/dumb, energetic/lazy, etc...

For my special someone, it would have to be confidence, as I find confidence very sexy, and I tend to feed off of it as well.

And as for my best friend, a good listener would be key, as I would like to have someone to tell my problems to and talk about what's going on in my life so that I can work on my problems in life.

Loony BoB
03-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Partner: Compatibility.
Friend: Hmm. Friendly? xD Maybe easy going.

Mikztsu
03-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Partner: Chemistry, love.

Friend: Fun to be with, mutual trust and support. etc dot period

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Mikztsu
Partner: Chemistry, love.

Friend: Fun to be with, mutual trust and support. etc dot period
You only get one you cheater you! :aimmad:

Mikztsu
03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
One's not enough, mullet boy. ;-)

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Cheater cheater pumpkin eater!

Bernhard
03-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Partner: Kind

Friend: Funny!

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Partner: Chemistry

Friend: Not having chemistry! That's what makes having friends fun...arguing and stuff.

Fuzakeru
03-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Partner - . . . rwaor. Complete adoration.
Friend - someone to kick around

Dr Unne
03-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Same thing for both, i.e. intelligence.

Rainecloud
03-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Marriage Partner: Someone who would be devoted to me (and vice versa).
Friend: Anyone with a friendly personality, I guess.

Xander
03-08-2004, 10:07 PM
For a partner: Acceptance. If that's a trait. Just to be able to accept me as I am, good and bad and not want to change me.

For a friend: To be a good listener. I don't have a lot of friends that really listen to me, so it's important.

Spuuky
03-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Partner: Perfection.
Friend: Inferiority to me.

Calliope
03-08-2004, 10:57 PM
*laughs*

Okay, want to be my friend? I'll need your SAT scores, a couple of bank statements and...oh! You're smarter than me! Sorry, I can't be your friend. Go and watch Beavis and Butthead for a while and come back later.

Rye
03-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Partner: Loyal
Friend: Trustworthy.

Yamaneko
03-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Friend: Someone that cares.

Partner: A female that cares AND is willing to have a sexual relationship with me.

Peegee
03-09-2004, 12:10 AM
For both, female. Males are such inferior friends that it's almost rediculous to even consider; they belong out in the workforce creating the semblance of idyllism in the world, not around me acting stupid and failing to "pick up" women by hanging around them without any sign of sanity and making me annoyed. Specific to partners, a non-virgin is a must. Specific to friends, they have to be unattractive to me but attractive to everybody else...it carries with it the side-effect of attracting males to the group but whatever.

Okay, I'm adding males to my list of people I don't want anything to do with (the second is a committed partner....and losers. Losers are sux).

Advent Child
03-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Spuuky
Partner: Perfection.
You stole mine...

Friend: Perfection as well

HOOTERS
03-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Friend: Not a loser
Partner: Yamaneko/big titties
Dog: potty trained
Elephant: Yes plz.

eternalshiva
03-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Either one should be able to compliment your personaltiy in love and in *friend* basis. You should be proud to walk in a room with the one you love as a soul mate and the one you love as a *soul-friend* that's what I feel like with my friends and my lover. err husband. xD

fire_of_avalon
03-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Partner: Thirst for something more

Friend: If we're talking best friend, then I say see above. if just a friend, then a sense of humor

Wind Shear
03-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Partner: Open-minded, loyal and understanding
Friend: as in Best Friend, caring, and understanding.

Tokki Wartooth
03-09-2004, 03:56 AM
friend: sexy.
soulmate: eestlinc.

Peegee
03-09-2004, 04:08 AM
That's why I'm Tokki's friend

Flying Mullet
03-09-2004, 02:44 PM
That's also why you're HOOTERS' dog. :p

darkchrono
03-12-2004, 12:35 AM
ok, when you say you look for chemistry the most. Exactly when would you come to judge rather or not you have chemistry with someone.

As most people tend to be somewhat uncomfortable around eachother at first. But the more they are around eachother the more chemistry there will be.

As you may meet someone and you seem to have good chemistry with them from the start. But sometimes or alot of times that chemistry doesn't grow.

Where as you may meet someone else and the chemistry between you is not on a high level to start out with. But the more you are around them the chemistry really grows with them.

So when do you judge rather or not you have chemistry with someone.