PDA

View Full Version : Are you sanitary?

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 05:39 PM
A while back at work I finished my business at the urinal at the same time that another fellow did. As I headed over to the sink to give my hands a good scrub I noticed that the other guy just moseyed on out of the bathroom without washing his hand. Uggh, gross! :aimmad: Remind me never to shake his hand.

Well, after this "event" I started noticing that about half of the guys at work don't wash their hands when they're done with number 1, and about a quarter don't wash their hands after number 2. Now I understand that when you're at a sporting event you can't expect every drunk to remember to wash his hands, but at work? In the computer industry? Now I go to those peoples' offices and try not to touch anything, especially their keyboard. Is there any reason to not wash your hands you grubs?

Anyway, do you wash your hands after you use the potty or are you gross too?

Bernhard
03-08-2004, 05:46 PM
I used to be gross but these days I wash my hands after every visit to the bathroom. Mostly because I like the feeling of clean hands, but a big contributing factor is the lovely lovely smell of the liquid soap we have here. Strawberry it is. :aimkiss:

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 05:49 PM
I never wash my hands. I actually have crap on them from when I was 5.

Bernhard
03-08-2004, 05:55 PM
That's pretty messed up right there matey. What more do you have on them?

Fuzakeru
03-08-2004, 06:09 PM
I always wash my hands . . . except for when I forget.

Del Murder
03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Hell yes.

Breine
03-08-2004, 06:15 PM
I wash my hands when they're dirty, which is often :D, or when I've just used the bathroom...

Peegee
03-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Washing your hands just puts more bacteria on it. Eww

Reason
03-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Ugh. One of my friends obviously never does, but I do. When we 're out some place and we've been to the toilet at the same time, she tries to pretend like she always wash her hands, but it just looks unnatural.

Washing is good, people; <i>good</i>.

Rainecloud
03-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Your hands smell nicer once they've been washed.

Yes, I always wash. *vote*

Dr Unne
03-08-2004, 07:13 PM
I wash my hands after using the bathroom, yes. I think that people are far too paranoid about washing their hands though. Like those people who carry around anti-bacterial hand cream with them everywhere they go and use it every 10 minutes. We have so many organisms living on our bodies at all times that it's ridiculous to think washing your hands constantly will make that huge a difference. I wash my hands after things like using the bathroom, digging a ditch, changing the oil in a car, handling raw meat, or being slobbered on by a dog. Beyond that, who cares.

bennator
03-08-2004, 09:29 PM
I wash my hands after the bathroom, and when handling raw meat.

Marcus
03-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Same here, after bathroom visit, and when handling food... Not much more than that though, washing too much kills off bacteria, and then your skin gets all dry and blistery.... Ugh.

Erdrick Holmes
03-08-2004, 10:27 PM
I wash my hands everytime after I use the mens room or after I make physical contact with somebody who happens to be sweating.

There is a teacher at my HS who is so scared for germs that if you barrow a pencil from her and give it back to her she sprays it with Lysol.

Linus
03-08-2004, 11:03 PM
I choose life!

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Linus
I choose life!
You chose poorly!

Linus
03-08-2004, 11:17 PM
That means I wash my hands.

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Then you chose wisely (and I'm off to work on reading comprehension).

SpiritWolf
03-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah I always wash my hands after I go to the the bathroom and just whenever my hands are dirty.

TheAbominatrix
03-09-2004, 12:17 AM
I do if I'm about to go eat, and/or I've just crawled out of a dumpster (no, I'm not joking) but usually I don't really bother.

Mo-Nercy
03-09-2004, 06:42 AM
I wash my hands after every visit to the men's room. Any other time I use my handy-dancy pre-moistened tissues.

Meat Puppet
03-09-2004, 07:03 AM
I wipe my hands on my pants.

Nino Brown
03-09-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
I wash my hands after using the bathroom, yes. I think that people are far too paranoid about washing their hands though. Like those people who carry around anti-bacterial hand cream with them everywhere they go and use it every 10 minutes. We have so many organisms living on our bodies at all times that it's ridiculous to think washing your hands constantly will make that huge a difference. I wash my hands after things like using the bathroom, digging a ditch, changing the oil in a car, handling raw meat, or being slobbered on by a dog. Beyond that, who cares.

Ditto.

Leeza
03-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Yes, I wash my hands. Especially at work. We have big signs in every bathroom telling us how unwashed hands spread germs. I also wash them after shopping, playing with the cats, before cooking, after cooking, etc., etc.

War Angel
03-09-2004, 12:35 PM
I embrace my defecation material gladly!

Mikztsu
03-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah, always. *_*

Dragonflame
03-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by War Angel
I embrace my defecation material gladly!
I don't quite go that far, but I'm too lazy to wash my hands after every single time I go to the bathroom.

Originally posted by Joel
There is a teacher at my HS who is so scared for germs that if you barrow a pencil from her and give it back to her she sprays it with Lysol.
Wow! There's a teacher like that at my school too!

Chaos
03-09-2004, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I always wash my hands, regardless of wether I go to the toilet or not. I love the feeling of cold water on my hands.

Chaos

Misfit
03-09-2004, 11:16 PM
"are you sanitary" lolololz! I'm going to walk up to some strangers and ask them if they're sanitary! :D

Anyways, yes. Yes I am. *throws away roadkill and shakes your hand* :D!

escobert
03-09-2004, 11:37 PM
no never. I li9ke to pretend I live in Medievil times.

Evelia
03-10-2004, 12:14 AM
I wash my hands way, way too much. They're kinda dried out because of all the soap.

Rye
03-10-2004, 12:16 AM
Yes. I was my hands after going to the bathroom, playing with animals, or do stuff that involves touching dirt (like gardening, not that I do that often.)

The Man
03-10-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
I wash my hands after using the bathroom, yes. I think that people are far too paranoid about washing their hands though. Like those people who carry around anti-bacterial hand cream with them everywhere they go and use it every 10 minutes. We have so many organisms living on our bodies at all times that it's ridiculous to think washing your hands constantly will make that huge a difference. I wash my hands after things like using the bathroom, digging a ditch, changing the oil in a car, handling raw meat, or being slobbered on by a dog. Beyond that, who cares. Amen.

I wash my hands after using the bathroom and sometimes before eating. Other than that, I don't really care.

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-10-2004, 01:05 AM
I rinse my hands in toilet water.

Garland
03-10-2004, 05:56 AM
I wash my hands. It's funny though, people will talk about how dirty it is to use the bathroom and not wash your hands, yet think nothing of sitting on a public toilet seat. I wash my hands after every time I use a bathroom, and I further my cleanliness by never sitting on a public toilet. I'll go to all ends of discomfort, and wait till I get home. Not washing hands is gross, but public toilet seats are grosser.

Dragonflame
03-10-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Garland
Not washing hands is gross, but public toilet seats are grosser.

Garland, you have given me a wonderful idea. From now on, every time after I sit on a toilet seat I will stick my ass in the sink and wash it.

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Dragonflame
Garland, you have given me a wonderful idea. From now on, every time after I sit on a toilet seat I will stick my ass in the sink and wash it.
Sounds like a Jackass/Tom Green stunt.

Fuzakeru
03-10-2004, 10:36 PM
mental image = :eep:

Garland
03-10-2004, 11:51 PM
If that catches on, I'll no longer wash my hands in public sinks. Society will turn me into a hermit, I'm thinking.

Dragonflame
03-11-2004, 02:35 AM
Isn't that why all of us spend such ridiculously long times online?

tomothy
03-11-2004, 03:56 AM
i find it rather odd that at clubs and pubs and the like 90% of guys don't wash their hands after number ones. :mad: (no im not one of them)

Enoki
03-11-2004, 04:02 AM
Mullet it disturbs me that you would actually take the time to notice that 1/4 of the people who "go #2" (or as i prefer it "poo") dont wash their hands. I usually wash my hands after I use the bath room , if I don't my mom usually notices and sends me back in. AAAAAH moms.....gotta love em'

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-11-2004, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Sounds like a Jackass/Tom Green stunt.

Those guys don't wash anything. They do, however, make things filthier.

Anybody have one of those power asswashers in their bathroom? Puts you on the fast track to ass cleanliness at 200 miles an hour. Man that's powerful water.

Garland
03-11-2004, 04:56 AM
Who stands around the urinals keeping count of people who pee but don't wash? If I were a statistician, this wouldn't be my line of work.

Flying Mullet
03-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Enoki
Mullet it disturbs me that you would actually take the time to notice that 1/4 of the people who "go #2" (or as i prefer it "poo") dont wash their hands.

Originally posted by Garland
Who stands around the urinals keeping count of people who pee but don't wash? If I were a statistician, this wouldn't be my line of work.
Well when the sinks are on the opposite wall from the stalls, you notice when someone leaves and doesn't make a pit stop at the sink.

The amounts that I put up are pure estimates with no statistical backing. :p

Dragonflame
03-11-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate_Sandwich
Anybody have one of those power asswashers in their bathroom? Puts you on the fast track to ass cleanliness at 200 miles an hour. Man that's powerful water.

Where'd you get that? I want one!

Anaralia
03-12-2004, 07:06 PM
I was my hands 50 times a day. It runs in the family, and I hadn't thought it was weird until just now. Thanks guys!

My mother was once trying to find out who'd made a mess in one of the bathrooms. Since my sisters and I were the only candidates, she smelled our hands and correctly deduced which was the last bathroom that each of us washed our hands at, and sent the guilty party to clean up.

fire_of_avalon
03-12-2004, 08:33 PM
After visiting restrooms, before and after cooking, usually after playing with my dogs, when I touch something I know is crawling with bad bacteria and other dangerous organisms. I don't carry around antibacterial hand creams and the like because if you're constantly killing the bacteria on you, you kill the good ones as well as the bad.

Ultimate_Sandwich
03-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Dragonflame
Where'd you get that? I want one!

You can buy one down at the power ass outlet wash warehouse depot supply store (for your ass).

*Dylan

Montoya
03-13-2004, 10:58 PM
Yes, thank god, I wash my hands after going to the bathroom each time.

Kirkpatrick
03-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Oh yes, I always wash my hands (sometimes even twice! - seriously) after using the 'facilities'. When I was younger, I was kind of...obsessive about washing my hands, and they got dried out and such. It was pretty bad, but now I mostly only wash them after using the washroom, or getting them dirty, or if I'm using food.
People who don't are just...ew.

And, yes, public toilet seats are disgusting - I've never used one, and I plan to keep it that way. I don't even like public washrooms at all, and avoid them if at all possible.