PDA

View Full Version : Wait state

Lykeas
03-08-2004, 06:10 PM
I dowloaded the rom and everything seems to work ok but i cant get to enable the wait state. I select it from the config menu but still the battles are "real time". I use znes, please help

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 06:12 PM
The 'wait state?' In battle, the wait state only pauses when you select a menu, like 'magic' or 'item', as far as a know. It won't pause every single time a person's ATB gauge fills.

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
First I want to confirm that you understand what wait state is. All wait state is is when you have a sub-menu open in battle, like where you are selecting magic, items or such, then the battle "pauses" and no actions are performed until you either make your selection from the sub-menu/list or cancel out of it and back to the main "Fight, Magic, Item, xxxx" menu. Wait state doesn't mean that the battle will wait for your input like in Final Fantasy X, where it is turn based and not "real-time".

EDIT: Bah, King Bahamut beat me to it!

Lykeas
03-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Heh, that explains it. Thank you

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Another tip, if the game is moving too fast for you, you can slow down the battle speed in the "Config" menu. There are two options, one for battle message and one for battle speed. The higher the number for battle speed (8's the highest I think) the slower the game goes (why 8 instead of one we'll never know).

robfinalfantasy
04-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Try getting used to active even though the wait option is available. You will develop fast reactions and dexterities.

DJZen
04-04-2004, 07:05 PM
And Final Fantasy is ALL about fast dexterities.