PDA

View Full Version : Make people love both FFVII and FFVIII

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
There's always been a lot of arguing as to whether Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy VIII is better, or that one of them sucks while the other is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I want to look at the two games in a different light. Let's say that Square-Enix decided to re-release Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII on one DVD for PS2 for whatever reason (much like Anthologies and Chronicles on PSOne). Now, on that note, imagine that you're put in charge of marketing this product to the masses, and you need to market BOTH games in a positive light to get people to purchase the games (i.e. you couldn't say buy this because you can play the greatest game ever and see how crappy the other is or some garbage).

How would you market a FFVII/FFVIII release?

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 07:56 PM
I would say "two of the greatest RPGs ever...both in a pack..." And people would love me. They would shower me with cheddar cheese. I would be their God. :)

Flying Mullet
03-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Then I take it you're not allergic to dairy products?

DJZen
03-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Behold, the power of cheese!

What *I* would do is get someone to properly translate both games so that we could finally understand the previously linguistically mangled plots. Maybe I'd get Woolsey to do it....

I would title the re-release either "Final Fantasy Ubiquity" or "How Squaresoft Got Its Groove Back".

DocFrance
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Final Fantasy: Angst

Kirobaito
03-08-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Then I take it you're not allergic to dairy products?

Without dairy products and steak, I would have nothing to eat. That, and Mexican food.

zacks_clone
03-08-2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
Without dairy products and steak, I would have nothing to eat. That, and Mexican food.

YESSSS!I agreeeeee!Steak and cheeeeessseeee!love cheese!...:: sorry, odd moment...ignore Z_C ::

I'd have to say- sell them as a two pack. like already mentioned

escobert
03-09-2004, 02:37 AM
I would also seel them in a two pack and say how they reiknvented the RPG for playstation.

Flying Mullet
03-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by zacks_clone
I'd have to say- sell them as a two pack. like already mentioned

Originally posted by Bert
I would also seel them in a two pack and say how they reiknvented the RPG for playstation.

Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Let's say that Square-Enix decided to re-release Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII on one DVD for PS2 for whatever reason (much like Anthologies and Chronicles on PSOne).

Yeah folks, I already said that it's going to be released on a single DVD for the PS2. :rolleyes2

You're supposed to come up with a way to market the DVD game.

DJZen
03-09-2004, 04:55 AM
I like Doc France's suggestion. Or maybe even "Final Fantasy: Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen".

eestlinc
03-09-2004, 05:13 AM
final fantasy: overrated

actually, 7 is fun

final fantasy: at least this has yuffie

DocFrance
03-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Final Fantasy: OMFG its 3d w/ kewl grafix LOL!

muchacho
03-19-2004, 02:37 AM
they would have to put shnazzy new cut sceens in it. and be called "final fantasy: 7+8 with shnazzy new cut sceens to make the games seem better"

black orb
03-20-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Mimic
you need to market BOTH games in a positive light to get people to purchase the games (i.e. you couldn't say buy this because you can play the greatest game ever and see how crappy the other is or some garbage).

How would you market a FFVII/FFVIII release?
>>> They already did it with Final Fantasy Origins, The greatest FF ever and the crappiest FF ever, both in the same disc ;)

DJZen
03-20-2004, 07:35 AM
FFII had the appeal of being a new FF game (to most Americans anyway), VII and VIII are probably the most popular games in the series. It'd be hard to market either of them as a new experience. Well, maybe not. Maybe if they gave them graphical updates and based the characters off of Amano's drawings of them instead of Nomura's..... FFVII, starring Robert Smith and a big red blurry thing that might have been a cat at one point!

zacks_clone
03-20-2004, 10:30 PM
we lie and say that they added secret things to the game.see if you can find them...?

course...then we'd get sued...so that doesnt work well.

DJZen
03-21-2004, 03:51 AM
Add one secret new thing to each game: a message saying "congratulations, you found one of the new secrets!" that can only be accessed through using a game shark.

Edgar
03-21-2004, 05:31 AM
I doubt Square-Enix like cheating =)

muchacho
03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
or....... they could put in yet another super ultra hard boss that would add hours of playing and loss of sleep just for the mere satifaction of playing and beating.