PDA

View Full Version : new to ff

EMPRESS
03-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Any tips for a new player? I have played everquest but never ff can you give me some hints on what I should do first?

Rostum
03-09-2004, 06:58 AM
If interested in Final Fantasy, I wouldn't start with FFXI. O_o

Maybe if you're playing it just because it's a MMORPG, then you'll enjoy it. Just remember, every drop you get at low levels, you can sell... expecially crystals; this is very important, as gil (the currency) is a rarety.

Anyways, if you're familiar with MMORPG's then you won't have troubles.

Lionx
03-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Seeing that he has already played EQ, FFXI should be something you can play with, but remember races DO matter, sure you can make some stuff up with gear, but eventually a WHM that is a Taru will always be better as a WHM than an Galka with the same stuff stat-wise. Some combinations are better than others. Just remember this:

"All Jobs combinations are Equal, but some are more Equal than others"

Not to say that you shouldnt try this odd combination, but there are proven race/combos that work better than others time after time.

Crono9051
03-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Hi empress

Save crystals because they sell for quite a bit.
Try looking at the auction house, most of the times the prices are lower there than the actual store.
If you want to get your ring start at the home country of your race.

And thats all I can think of, have fun^^

Sephiroth3553
03-09-2004, 07:08 PM
i bought the strategy guide for FFXI, and ive been looking through it quite a bit, but it doesnt say anything about controls...i prefer a controller and to only type with a key board. can you tell me the controls with the controller, the book tells you the keyboard. thanks

Rostum
03-10-2004, 05:22 AM
The controls come with the game manual and I think you can assign your own keys. But the controls for the keyboard are easy to learn anyways, and I know that some people have an even easier time with the controler.