PDA

View Full Version : Shd i ?

FinalDreamer
03-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Should i get final fantasy 7 ? i have final fantasy 8/9/X-2 and i m planing to get Advent children but it is rumored to be a dvd ....so shd i get the game ? =( (I CANT STAND IT ANYMORE!!)

TheAbominatrix
03-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Advent Children is a DVD, no rumors about it. It's been confirmed as a DVD a hundred times at least, by numerous official sources.

And seeing as VII is only like 20 bucks since it's a Greatest Hit, why not?

Kirobaito
03-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Of course you should get FFVII. Many consider it the best PSX FF game. Of course, the only problem would be finding it. I had to go all the way to Denmark to find my ENGLISH copy (explain that?). Order it online if you want it, though. I recommend that after spending $300 on a plane ticket to Copenhagen.

Breine
03-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
Of course you should get FFVII. Many consider it the best PSX FF game. Of course, the only problem would be finding it. I had to go all the way to Denmark to find my ENGLISH copy (explain that?). Order it online if you want it, though. I recommend that after spending $300 on a plane ticket to Copenhagen.

Yes, travel to Denmark... It's a lovely country :D How much did you pay KB?

Yes, you should definately get FF7! And just answer a tiny question: Why do you have FFX-2 when you don't have FFX?

Kirobaito
03-09-2004, 04:58 PM
As it was 2 years ago, I don't remember how much. I had my super-smart grandfather do all the currency-exchanging. Hold on, let me find my receipt, I still have it somewhere.

It's in Danish, but it says something like 200 krones or something. Is that a lot? I just let the dude talk me into buying it for that amount. I probably got haggled. :(

Marcus
03-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Nah, not that much.. 200 krones is 33.20 US dollars, according to a nifty calculator I found online =)

Thats nowhere near the price I paid for it. I paid so much money for it, I'm ashamed to tell it.

Came in an unoped sealed never-used box though. Which is pretty rare in Europe.. =)

Kirobaito
03-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Wow, that's not a bad deal at all...maybe this n00b can go there and get a copy.

I now like Danish people. They don't haggle unsuspecting Americans. Of course, they may well think I'm just gonna blow their head off if I found out... :)

Marcus
03-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Well, you ARE American, so that sounds probable. =P

Breine
03-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by King Bahamut
Wow, that's not a bad deal at all...maybe this n00b can go there and get a copy.

I now like Danish people. They don't haggle unsuspecting Americans. Of course, they may well think I'm just gonna blow their head off if I found out... :)

Yes, Danes are nice :angel:

Anyway, 200 Kroner is not much for a game, especially when the subject is FF7. Nice buy :)

Del Murder
03-09-2004, 06:30 PM
I bought mine at KB Toys.

Shoeberto
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Used game stores sell it for like $10. It's hardly a rare find.

Marcus
03-09-2004, 07:33 PM
Well, over here it is. Ebay biddings for the PC version go up to 150 Euros at times. I've searched for about two years, but there wasn't a story in my entire country that had a copy lying around. The PSX version is VERY common though....

DJZen
03-10-2004, 05:58 AM
FF7 is also subject to the single law of capitalistic economics: supply and demand. FF7 is what's known as a "high demand" game. In other words, it doesn't stay on the shelves for long. Of course, this is conditional. A greatest hits version would probably stay in the store for about a week longer. The reason it'll be hard to find is that people who have this game tend to want to keep it. It's the same deal with MANY older highly acclaimed games. Just try tracking down a copy of Blood Omen or Pandemonium. Sure, you'll find 'em, you'll just have to dig. Should you buy FF7 specifically though? Yes.

FinalDreamer
03-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Ok thx guys ill go get it ...