PDA

View Full Version : Secret characters (spoiler)

nintendo4eva
03-10-2004, 02:05 AM
I know this exsits so please dont tell me it doesnt I just cant remember how to do it. I know that You can play with both Schala and Cyrus, but I forgot how it was done. Can someone post a link or tell how (either way is fine i dont care to look at it myself)
Thanks

Del Murder
03-10-2004, 02:36 AM
Yeah, Ive heard of this one too. First you need to beat the game to get new game+, but make sure you beat it in under 22 hours or the trick won't work. Ok, so start a new game and then get to the scene where you meet Kid. Press and hold triangle and R2 for ten seconds after she starts to talk to you, then press: start, L2, L3 (left joystick button), circle, x, x, circle, then finally select and hold it and then press start. Now put your controller on the ground facing the TV (it works better if it's parallel but it's ok if it's not) then leave it there for about six hours. When time is up stomp on it really hard (or maybe do a little dance, that's what I did). You should be transported to the End of Time. If Kid is with you reset because you messed up. Next go talk to Ozzie who asks you what the third song on Megadeath's second album was. Look it up on Google because I don't remember the answer. If you get it wrong the game freezes and you'll have to thaw it out and try again. But if you get it right you go into a fight with Lynx one-on-one. DON'T FIGHT HIM. Instead use the Chrono Cross and you'll be asked to put in disc 2. Do that and you should be at the start of disc 2 with Schala and Cyrus in your party! (Schala sucks though but it's cool to have her) A side effect of this trick is that all the enemies in the game turn into goombas but that's the price you pay.

Bahamut2000X
03-10-2004, 02:39 AM
then leave it there for about six hours.

Doh I left it for only 3 hours. No wonder it never worked for me.

Del Murder
03-10-2004, 02:40 AM
I used the microwave to time it. *shrug*

EveningCross
03-10-2004, 02:56 AM
Del Murder:Yeah, Ive heard of this one too. First you need to beat the game to get new game+, but make sure you beat it in under 22 hours or the trick won't work. Ok, so start a new game and then get to the scene where you meet Kid. Press and hold triangle and R2 for ten seconds after she starts to talk to you, then press: start, L2, L3 (left joystick button), circle, x, x, circle, then finally select and hold it and then press start. Now put your controller on the ground facing the TV (it works better if it's parallel but it's ok if it's not) then leave it there for about six hours. When time is up stomp on it really hard (or maybe do a little dance, that's what I did). You should be transported to the End of Time. If Kid is with you reset because you messed up. Next go talk to Ozzie who asks you what the third song on Megadeath's second album was. Look it up on Google because I don't remember the answer. If you get it wrong the game freezes and you'll have to thaw it out and try again. But if you get it right you go into a fight with Lynx one-on-one. DON'T FIGHT HIM. Instead use the Chrono Cross and you'll be asked to put in disc 2. Do that and you should be at the start of disc 2 with Schala and Cyrus in your party! (Schala sucks though but it's cool to have her) A side effect of this trick is that all the enemies in the game turn into goombas but that's the price you pay.

Unrivaled sarcasm at its best. *applause*:thumb:

master01
03-10-2004, 08:42 AM
nintendo4eva?
you mean your willing to give your nintendo for an evangelion unit?

TheAbominatrix
03-10-2004, 09:04 AM
To give you a straight answer, it's just a rumor.

Magil
03-10-2004, 12:46 PM
im ashamesd to say this....
but i was buying it for a second.....

TheAbominatrix
03-10-2004, 12:58 PM
The only way it would be possible is through a game genie/pro action replay, and I'm pretty sure even they don't have codes for it.

I'd find it extremely amazing that one person has managed to do this where thousands upon thousands of others have failed. Not to mention that there's no space in the party line up for anymore characters. With Crono, Marle, Frog, Lucca, Robo, Ayla, and Magus, there is no room for anyone else. These supposedly secret characters are not shown in any ending, there are no weapons for sale for them anywhere, no rocks for them to triple tech with, and both are dead/missing in all available timelines.. If you could play as Schala, wouldnt that end Magus' search for his sister? and why would you be able to play as Cyrus when one of the quests is to put his soul to rest?.

Wow, I ranted. Go me! :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Sara simply doesn't have the sprites to be a playable character. She has no laughing, angry, hungry, lying down, wounded, jumping, or victory pose; the sprite data in the ROM can be searched to verify this.

And Cyrus would be the first playable character I've ever seen to be nothing more than a palette-swap of a NPC. At least Sara has low-health and casting-magic poses; Cyrus's got nothing.

nintendo4eva
03-10-2004, 10:06 PM
Ugh, Ok I know it exsists ive seen it done. but the whole fake thing was pretty good except for the goombas thing, maybe a refernce to zelda woulda been better.

Master~Yes I would but only for eva 01 not the other crappy busted ones, but it means forever im just lazy

TheAbominatrix~from wat i remeber u can only get cyrus if u use the chrono trigger for him instead of chrono (therfore taking his spot) and u can only get schala if magus is dead (therefore taking his spot). and there are special ending but u can only get them IF you have those characters.

Kawaii Ryűkishi~Schala has the exact same magic as magus but insert prisim for dark for all names and the actual attack looks rainbowish instead of black. cyrus is alot like Glenn with the weapons, but has some different magics like nirvana strike (duh) instead of Glenns frog/water attacks.

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Dude, they aren't possible-to-play secret characters. If the code an sprites don't exist in the cart for them to be playable characters then it's IMPOSSIBLE for them to be playable.

Plus, you should never question Kawaii Ryűkishi. :choc:

nintendo4eva
03-10-2004, 10:12 PM
ill question whoever i want wherever i want whenever i want :-P

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 10:14 PM
That works with everyone but Kawaii Ryűkishi. There's just no questioning Kawaii Ryűkishi. Anyway, you'll see eventually. :p

Bahamut2000X
03-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Ya best to not ever argue with Kishi, or else your end up under your desk crying while in a fetal position for 3 days straight. :)

Chibi Youkai
03-11-2004, 12:14 AM
origionally by Bahamut2000X
Ya best to not ever argue with Kishi, or else your end up under your desk crying while in a fetal position for 3 days straight.

3 days? Is that all? From everything I've heard, it's ganerally a much longer time.

TheAbominatrix
03-11-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah you can tell me this nonsense about being able to be Schala and Cyrus, and I'll never believe it. By the by, you need a clone of a person in order for the Chrono Trigger to work, and there is no clone of Cyrus. Not to mention aaaaall the other evidence in this thread against what you're saying.

Chibi Youkai
03-11-2004, 12:54 AM
True, but it's soo fun to discuss all the rumors and things that are passed around.

TheAbominatrix
03-11-2004, 12:56 AM
Totally. :D This has to be the most out-there one yet.

Chibi Youkai
03-11-2004, 01:30 AM
I don't know about that... you should see some of the horadric cube recepies for Diablo 2... but that's reallllly off topic.

master01
03-11-2004, 05:55 AM
1. ofcurse eva 01 rei's one looks horible (but rei tough...) and asuka's eva is totaly gay, and eva spoiler*

toji's eva is possesd

end spoiler*

2. there is no secret charecter, have been cheked millions of time before.

3. TheAbominatrix why sain [spoiler] magus [end spoiler] he's in the manual book to...

TheAbominatrix
03-11-2004, 06:53 AM
Because some people may not have gotten that far, or they may be playing the rom without the book. I've had my game spoiled before, it sucks.

By the way, spoiler tags are [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] minus the spaces in the brackets.

The Man
03-11-2004, 04:10 PM
What the hell does Evangelion have to do with this thread anyway?

Other than master01's post, which just didn't make any sense, this is a comedy goldmine.

Magil
03-11-2004, 08:45 PM
masters posts' arent suppose to make sense...

and according to Del Murder's intresting method, you only play with them in CC.....

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Yeah my trick only works in CC. See they wanted to put them in Chrono Trigger but there wasn't enough memory so they put them in the sequel. Square is so nice!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2004, 01:18 AM
If they're so nice, why didn't they bring Chrono Cross Final Mix to America? :aimsad:

Chibi Youkai
03-12-2004, 01:29 AM
There's a CC final Mix!!!:whoa:
Heh, guess I didn't know about it.

master01
03-12-2004, 02:04 PM
sense when i make sense?

you know, this how they should pick leaders one day...

wait a minute!
were talking about democracy!
it IS the way we pick ur leaders!

vote master.

The Man
03-12-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
If they're so nice, why didn't they bring Chrono Cross Final Mix to America? :aimsad: Square doesn't love us anymore. :(

PETE
03-12-2004, 11:33 PM
:choc: :p :grr: :whoa: :mog: ;) :choc: :grr: :mad: :whoa: :choc: :eek: :p :cool: :cool: :rolleyes2 :tongue: :mog: :love: :whoa: :greenie: :greenie: :eep: :grr: :grr: :eek: :choc: :choc: :cool: :rolleyes2 :D :mog: :mog: :choc: :choc: :eek: ;) :o :eep:

you gotta do all that i think or u might have to do all this im not sure...

:choc: :love: :mog: :cool: :p :eek: :mad2: :mad: :grr: :eep: :mad2: :mad2: ;) :choc: :mog:

Del Murder
03-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Ok I think we're done here.