PDA

View Full Version : Hope they dont move it again but i have a problem

Shadow
03-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Ok someone told me to come here to get help.
Ok i bought the lovly FF11 game for PC right?
Well i come home and download it all and takes for like 5 million hours of downloading.
After that i register and im excited, then i go to play it and press play and an error comes up saying something like
"Cannont read software on your computer or somthing{blah blah blah}
Please make sure your computer meets the requirments to play FFXI"
Could someone help
My computer
Pentium 4 processor
35 Gigs {30 free}
ATI Rage 128 Pro agp 4x{game card}
I have internet connection
I have a Keyboard
I have DirectX 8.1 sound crap

Im really thinking its my game card, but my friend says i should be able to run it but hes not to smart so i came here.
I hope someon has the same game card as me and could tell me if they could get to play it.
but i fyou have an idea plz post and HELP ME

EDIT:

Terminated as error occured in Final Fantasy XI. Failed to recognize Hardware TnL. Please check that this computer has the required specifications to run Final Fantasy XI. (-1)"

That is what the error is. I got it from another post like 10 years ago

And someone said do you have all the drivers downloaded on that forums whats drivers?
Plz help

Edit by Yamaneko: Use the edit button to edit a post instead of double posting. :)

crono_logical
03-10-2004, 04:25 AM
I think you're thinking about the video card RAM, King Bahamut :p 4 MB is pretty poor, yes, but AGP 4x is more than sufficient, seeing as current technology goes up to 8x, but even at 4x you're rarely using it to the full potential :p That video card there I believe has 32 MB of RAM. Whether that's enough for FFXI, I don't know, but it was enough to run the benchmark for FFXI on both my PC (Geforce 2 card) and laptop (ATI 7500 mobile card) - neither card can be considered top of the range :p

You can download the benchmark from here (http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/benchmark.html) and follow the instructions and see what that says about your PC's capability to run the game.

From the error though, I'd say it's either a graphics cards problem, or driver problem for the graphics card. Drivers are programs that let Windows use the hardware properly, you most likely want to visit ATI's website to get the latest ones available and install them.

Killy
03-10-2004, 10:51 PM
And Voodoo went out of buisness a few years ago. So the newest Voodoo would be quite old.