PDA

View Full Version : SQUAREenix

DJZen
03-10-2004, 06:39 AM
I just felt the need to rant a little bit. I find it unfortunate that Squenix has decided that the Enix part of their company doesn't matter. There's no hype generated around Enix titles. If you download a Square-Enix wallpaper for your cell-phone, you'll be downloading a FF picture. If you go to their website and look at their games section, the only Enix title is Grandia Xtreme, and that's only borderline Enix. There's nothing about Dragon Warrior, Star Ocean, etc. It's really starting to irk me. I guess I knew this would happen, but still. Where's the love at?

Jalbrean
03-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Er not quite.
Square-Enix Japan (http://www.square-enix.co.jp/)

Dragon Quest has it's own section, hell Square-Enix just held a press event alone for Dragon Quest VIII yesterday. No hype? Dragon Quest 2004 Spring Meeting (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/497/497404p1.html)

You're mistaking Square-Enix USA with Square-Enix Japan, which has plenty on every one of the Enix titles.

You've also have to remember that other then Grandia Xtreme what other recent games has Enix done that's been released in the U.S.? Star Ocean's website will no doubt be created closer to the release date, Dragon Quest VIII doesn't even have a set date here yet.

There's nothing for them to put up.

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2004, 07:55 AM
Thats because no one in America could give a damn about enix games. The only game they even make that most americans care about is FF.

Instead of making sequels to games that sell fairly well like Chrono Cross and Xenogears they go and make crap like Chocobo's Dungon and Drakengard. While I am sure some people do enjoy the games(like all games) their time could have been better spent making other games.

Maybe a Parasite Eve III that plays like the first one. Valkyre Profile 2 or some other games that people want a sequel to...maybe a fully 3-D Mana game that plays great like a good 3-D fighter like Soul Calibur!

So many possibilites.

DJZen
03-12-2004, 11:57 PM
Well, Jalbrean, I'm probably confusing Square-Enix US with Square-Enix Japan because I'm American and not Japanese. The info I get is all from American sources, thus, what I see from Square-Enix is a lot of FF10 or 11 related things and that's kinda it right now :(

Jalbrean
03-13-2004, 01:06 AM
Well Square-Enix USA recently announced we would be getting the Director's Cut of Star Ocean Till the end of time. That's about all there is. There's no Enix titles coming to the states for quite awhile. I expect to see more enix stuff in the coming months.