PDA

View Full Version : Gameboy Advanced to play?

Erdrick the Hero
03-10-2004, 04:59 PM
i dont' have the Game yet but i was wondering... what is all this talk about a Gameboy advance to multiplay. Are you forced to ahve one if you are gonna play with 4 people or is it just recommended. And is that game even good single player or is it more like yay multiplay and boo single play.

Meijin
03-10-2004, 05:32 PM
If you play with two or more players, you have to have GBAs + GBA-GameCube link cables for every player. Not "it would be better with", but "you are required to have". (3 players = 3 GBAs + 3 GBA-GCN link cables, etc)

If you play with one player, you use the standard controller. You can also plug a GBA into the second controller slot to see maps.

The game is OK on singleplayer. Initially it's interesting to explore and see new stuff, but the game doesn't have the long-term interest that other games have had. You run out of story real quick.

Shlup
03-21-2004, 02:00 AM
All of my friends already have GBAs and link cables are only $10 a pop, so we all got them. Its way more fun with friends!

The Nique
03-23-2004, 07:01 PM
That us what bothers me so much about FF:CC... They could've EASILY done a 4-player system without GBA connectivity, but just so they can sell more, they make it required! i mean, marketing is one thing, and I understand that they have to be competative and use marketing tatics... but when it is this blantently obvious that they just want your money... It makes me go all 'hulk smash' on my GC...

ANyway, FF:CC is a lot of fun so far... the battles are awsome, and I hope they do more of the KH/FF:CC style battle system (Read: no random encounters... real time battles) in other FFs.

crono_logical
03-23-2004, 08:11 PM
FFCC is starting to sound like an offline FFXI in some ways :p I guess even with the cables, it comes out cheaper than everyone having a PS2/HD/FFXI/monthly fee each :p