PDA

View Full Version : Bug. ROAR! *eats*

Misfit
03-10-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi. :)

Ever eat a bug before? EVER?! If so, how'd it taste? Was it an accident or done purposely?

Ever eaten a bug for money? If so, how much? o_o
If not, WOULD you eat a bug for money?

If you were given the choice to eat a small worm for... a little amount of money... or a huge nasty cockroach for a larger amount of money, which would you chose? Would you even do it? o_o

Have fun. :D

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't eat any bugs for money. I see the commercials for "Fear Factor" here in the states and I can't believe what crap people will eat for money.

As for have I ever eaten a bug, I'm told that I went on a rolly-polly eating binge when I was about 1 and half years old.

Misfit
03-10-2004, 05:17 PM
...I can't believed you ate a rolly-polly. :(

edczxcvbnm
03-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Misfit
...I can't believed you ate a rolly-polly. :(

They are like black tic-tacs.

Misfit
03-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by edczxcvbnm
They are like black tic-tacs.
But... they are gray! o_o

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Fine, they're like gray tic-tacs.

Nait
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
"Blood is life"?

Khrm, anyhow. I could well imagine eating, frexample, fried ants (a spicy delicasy in some parts of the world), or a grasshopper au flambé because they do not seem so filthy like worms or beetles do.

DeBlayde
03-10-2004, 05:43 PM
obviously, you're not a Thai person, Mis. they eat fried cockroaches. by the handful. and tarantulas. bugs = good protein.

low carbs? go grab some bugs.

Skogs
03-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I certainly have had a couple of flies down my throat while cycling. Also, in Australia there are these green ants that taste like lime, so yeah, I've nibbled on insects before.

I have never eaten a bug for money.

Don't think I even would...

Del Murder
03-10-2004, 05:51 PM
When my brother was four we were in the car and he told us he just ate a fly, when we were flipping out we realized he meant 'fry', but still it was in the seat for a while so that's kind of gross in it's own right.

Peegee
03-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Aren't flies diseased or something? They made people eat flies in Fear Factor, and I couldn't figure it out -_-

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Well they play on poo all day and are attracted to decaying flesh to lay their eggs in it, so regardless of any diseases that's enough to keep me from eating them (as if I needed a reason).

escobert
03-10-2004, 06:04 PM
I'll do justa bout anything for money. last week i snorted a line of salt for $2.

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Dude, that had to burn like hell. Next time someone tries to get you to do something stupid like that let me know and I'll match their amount for you not to do it.

Geez, kids these days... :p

DocFrance
03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
During Combat Survival Training, grasshoppers and ants were a significant staple of my diet. Although you gotta be sure to pick off the grasshopper's legs and wings before you pop 'em in. And although ants taste like lemon, mashing up a bunch of ants and putting them in your canteen does not give you lemonade. It gives you water filled with mashed-up ants.

Psychotic
03-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Waaaaaaait a sec....

There's people going around offering money to eat bugs? And I wasn't informed? Man, whoever didn't tell me sucks.

Mikztsu
03-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Bugz gives lots of protein, so thumbz up thread maker. Sup. :cool:

ZeZipster
03-10-2004, 08:11 PM
Well once ants got in to my cereal. It took me half the bowl of cereal to realize that there were ants in it...

Misfit
03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
And although ants taste like lemon, mashing up a bunch of ants and putting them in your canteen does not give you lemonade. It gives you water filled with mashed-up ants.
Oh my God! I would have never guessed! =o

Originally posted by Mikztsu
Bugz gives lots of protein, so thumbz up thread maker. Sup. :cool:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: 'Sup Mik? :cool: You eat bugs? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Chaos
03-10-2004, 10:49 PM
I dont eat bugs. I think I may of eaten the odd spider and fly, but nothing large, that Im aware of.

Chaos

Fuzakeru
03-10-2004, 10:53 PM
-=There was an old woman who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed the fly, perhaps she'll die=-

Nursery ryhme? I think not . . .

Kirobaito
03-11-2004, 12:02 AM
The average person will eat 9 spiders in their lifetime during their sleep.

Now no one here will ever go to bed again, will they?

SpiritWolf
03-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Nope probably not King Bahamut. Anyway no I haven't eaten a bug before. I probably wouldn't for money either.

escobert
03-11-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Flying Mullet
Dude, that had to burn like hell. Next time someone tries to get you to do something stupid like that let me know and I'll match their amount for you not to do it.

Geez, kids these days... :p
Ok I'll tell you next time they want me to do stupid stuff. They wanted me to snort pepper today. It was a no go though.

Giggles
03-11-2004, 04:21 AM
One time when my dad was in college, he ate a bunch of ladybugs for beer money! I bet it was crunchy!

A ladybug flew down my pants once, too!

Tokki Wartooth
03-11-2004, 05:25 AM
This thread makes me think of eestlinc and Pearl Jam.

La Femme Merekia
03-11-2004, 05:35 AM
I'd like to eat a katydid. I bet they taste like spearmint gum. I bet they're angry when they get eaten too.

Calliope
03-11-2004, 05:39 AM
"Would you like flies with that?"

Shlup
03-11-2004, 05:41 AM
No, I've never eaten a bug. I've eaten a lot of "weird" things, but never a bug.

Unless you count lobsters, the cockroaches of the sea.

Montoya
03-11-2004, 05:54 AM
I have eaten a bug on purpose, although I know that I've eaten them by accident. Probably during sleep. I would never eat a bug for money, there is stupider stuff I could for money than eat bugs.

Misfit
03-11-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Winged Sorceress
Cockroach, for a lot of money. A loooooot of money.
What about those huge worm things... ah, I forget the name of them, but they're big and when you bite into them you have to pull the other part far away from you because they have lots of goo? >:D

Originally posted by Tokkiquil
This thread makes me think of eestlinc and Pearl Jam.
Ok.

Originally posted by La Femme Merekia
I bet they're angry when they get eaten too.
I bet they show no emotion when they're dead!

Mikztsu
03-11-2004, 12:04 PM
<b>Hi. :)</b> Hi again. *n.n*

<b>Ever eat a bug before?</b> Yeah. =)
<b> EVER?!</b> *n.n*
<b> If so, how'd it taste?</b> It was so small, I guess it had no taste.
<b> Was it an accident or done purposely?</b> Purposely and accidently.

<b>Ever eaten a bug for money? If so, how much? o_o
If not, WOULD you eat a bug for money?</b> Nope, I've done it free.:) But I was little back then. Now I would eat a bug, but it depends on how much money I would get.

<b>If you were given the choice to eat a small worm for... a little amount of money... or a huge nasty cockroach for a larger amount of money, which would you chose? Would you even do it? o_o</b> I would eat both. :) But nowadays I just mostly eat butteflies. I sniff them first and then eat.:)

<b>Have fun. :D</b> k, you too.=D