PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good thread?

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 06:17 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44000
So what makes a thread good to you here in our fair home of EoFF?

Mikztsu
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
Non-boringness.

Fuzakeru
03-10-2004, 06:18 PM
sexor, spam, and lots of name-bashing.

escobert
03-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Who has replied in it. I dunno what it's bout just stuff like that.

Fuzakeru
03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah. Truthfully seeing who all has posted determines if I take part in the conversation . . . although . . . I usually reply to anything cause I have nothing better to do. >_>

White Raven
03-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Well, in my eyes a "good" one would be one that most people could relate to and give their honost opinion about that subject and tell of their own personal experiences with such topic. And said topics should be mostly about mature and non-sick subjects. Of course, a couple of these "bad" threads here and there are nice for change of pace, but not continuously one after another. But in the end, it's in the eyes of the poster that one could subject a thread as being good or bad.

(Hopefully I don't make any enemys in my uproar over said threads.)

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by White Raven
(Hopefully I don't make any enemys in my uproar over said threads.)
Not at all (at least for me).

Your thread about bad threads just got me thinking about how people come here for different reasons and look for different qualities in threads. That's why I started this thread to see what people consider a good thread (and I hope it is a good thread :p ).

Mikztsu
03-10-2004, 06:37 PM
I think you should visit more EoEo, White Raven.:)

Flying Mullet
03-10-2004, 06:39 PM
Agreed. EoEo is exactly what you're talking about. A place where serious issues can be discussed in a mature manner. General Chat is where people like myself can make fools out of ourselves more often than we'd like to admit. :hat:

Rainecloud
03-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Threads that aren't full of pathetic little witticisms and re-hashed jokes concerning EoFF's "most beloved" members.

That and Soda/Pop/Pie threads.

Agent Proto
03-10-2004, 07:11 PM
I think several things make a good thread. Intelligence, fun, humor, and um... that little spark that indicates coolness*. Intellegent thread that invokes the mind which make you think when you post encourages people to discuss and debate. Good threads should also encourage people to have fun. Not everyone shares the same idea of having fun. Some like to spam crap (which is bad, imo), and some like a good discussion thread, and others just like to have good occasional spam (which is good, imo). No two person have the same idea of what's fun and what's not. Spamming just to spam is not fun, but it can be fun for awhile (when done right), then it loses its appeal in the long run, so it's fun in a short period of time, those are threads that go hundreds of posts in short period of time (which can be fun for awhile.)

* - not really

Del Murder
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Durability.

Yamaneko
03-10-2004, 08:10 PM
How Della Got His Groove Back

gokufusionss1
03-10-2004, 08:32 PM
pointless quotes
"smell my cheese you mother!"

Dragonflame
03-10-2004, 09:52 PM
It's always good to have some calm,mature discussion threads, and you can't go without pointless joking threads, but a truly great thread is anything that causes a flame war. That is what makes a good thread.