PDA

View Full Version : trailer appearances (spoilers, I guess...mostly speculation)

nevermind6794
03-10-2004, 07:55 PM
So, did anyone ever figure out who the characters in the trailer are?

These are the ones I'm sure about:

Barret
Vincent
Cloud
Aeris (in the lake)
Sephiroth
Zack (in the ground, I assume)

Unsure:

those people Cloud fights with
person in the wheelchair (obviously)
that image in the logo that usually gives hints about the story (FFVII had the meteor, for example)
the people talking to Cloud (are they all characters seen in the trailer? probably not)
that guy bowing to wheelchair person (obviously more important than the other enemies Cloud fought with)

The people Cloud fights with seem to be Turks...they have awesome weapons or magic or something...but it's not the Turks from the game, otherwise one would be bald, and they can take Cloud (one breaks his sword?!?!)...they all have gray hair, as far as I could tell. Could they be Sephiroth "clones", with their own personalities but his power?

Just on a side note, I only heard one female grown-up voice, so I'm assuming it's Tifa, since she asks about whether they were defeated by their memories.

GaV
03-10-2004, 08:05 PM
I thought it was the voice of Aeris, 'you think the way i died was right' or something like that. As for the short haired guy, he has short hair in the first bike scene when cloud jumps off, but longer hair in the scene with the other short haired guys (weird). Also i dont think the guys fighting cloud are the turks, no suits + what would their motive be?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-10-2004, 08:18 PM
The voiceover during their fight scene says, "It seems Jenova's head has been retrieved," and then, "Reunion."

GaV
03-10-2004, 08:22 PM
'you feel it to'-my friend though that was sephi or the other short haired guy.

nevermind6794
03-10-2004, 08:26 PM
The subtitles I have say, "'It's okay to die,' -- do you believe that?" I don't know if all the subtitled trailers are the same translation or not...there could be a mistake in one or the other. This seems to be one person quoting another, not Aeris talking about her own death.

Yeah, they're probably not Turks. I guess the whole "Reunion" bit means they're Sephiroth clones (that gray hair is too much to be a coincidence)...so is it Jenova or Sephiroth in the wheelchair?

What's the "evil substance?"

EDIT: The voices that say, "They have retrieved Jenova's head" and "A reunion. You feel it too, don't you?" are two different ones. Don't know whether this is relevant or not.

zacks_clone
03-10-2004, 09:19 PM
I believe that all of the silver haired people are clones,but im probly going to be proven wroung.If they are clones,then I am assuming the person in the wheelchair must be either a clone,a cetra(we never had aeris that far to know if she could feel this 'reunion'),or Hojo.

As far as who said the reunion bit...did you say it was a female voice?

Now,the retriving of Jenovas head...what really comes to mind is the Jenova Project being renwed.Hojo alive?SEPHIROTH alive?Any of shinra?

Now...I think asfar as all the things concerning death go...Zack or Aeris are the only characters with a huge impact on the game that died and would be saying that.Sephiroth i do not believe would

MooNScar
03-10-2004, 10:07 PM
I think the 'evil substance' the trailer makes referance too is the 'Star Scar Syndrome' I would like to know what Orphans Cloud is living with. And who is the voice of the little girl? Marlene? If Jenova's head was recovered, it would have began to call another reunion to give a rebirth to Sephiroth, as it did in Final Fantasy VII. So, what I think the plot is, that Cloud is trying to stop all of the Sephiroth clones from giving rebirth to him. The man in the wheel chair may be the one trying to co-ordinate all of those things. It is either a) a faint reincarnation of Sephiroth (As was in VII) or Hojo (We never actually saw him die) The room where the wheelchair scene takes place looks a lot like the room Barret was in in Junon, no?

zacks_clone
03-10-2004, 11:04 PM
Like cloud and co. would have said 'dude,he looks dead,alright...off to the next place to fight for our lives'...i seriously think Hojos dead