PDA

View Full Version : hidden characters

JseanjohnC
03-11-2004, 02:53 AM
i giv them an 8!

Bahamut2000X
03-11-2004, 02:57 AM
I give them a 10. I don't even consider them hidden charcters though, just cause every game I play I get them.

Breine
03-11-2004, 08:43 PM
10, 'cause they're cool.. :cool:

Flying Mullet
03-11-2004, 08:43 PM
1, just to be different :cool:

Zero Bahamut
03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
i give yuffie a 6 coz she's not v powerful compared 2 others bt i find her limits useful

i give vincent a 5 coz he also isnt dat powerful an his limits arent as useful 2 me, but he adds history an style 2 the game :D

The Man
03-12-2004, 08:15 PM
...Yuffie is one of the most powerful characters in the game.

I didn't like Vincent that much though. His character development was interesting, but not stellar, and he sucked in battle.

I'll give them a seven. Seven's a nice number.

Flying Mullet
03-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Yeah, Vincent was okay earlier in teh game, but his limit breaks are kind of pointless later in the game when you have to sit there an watch him deal mediocre damage in battle and you can't control him.

Heath
03-13-2004, 02:52 PM
I always find myself using either Yuffie or Vincent in my squad, but I tend to lean towards Yuffie for several reasons:

1) I really don't like the lack of control over Vincent's limit breaks, sure they were powerful and lasted more than one turn, but I'd like some way to control it.

2) I really dislike Vincent's ultimate weapon, Death Penalty. I believe the lower the HP, the more damage it does (the opposite of Ultimate Weapon) and since I always like to have my characters at full or near-enough full at the start of a battle, the two really don't go well together.

They are both useful, because of their long-range, without them you'd only have Barret for long-range. Vincent's story is a lot more compelling than Yuffie's, though not the greatest I've seen. I'll give Yuffie an 8 and Vincent a 6, so I'll vote 7 as an average.

Sephiroth2088
03-13-2004, 03:40 PM
I thought that vincent and Yuffie were useful in battle I liked yuffie because of her healing spells and vincent because he was just awesome with the gun and the cape and all.

zacks_clone
03-13-2004, 04:20 PM
I found myself having an attachment to Vincent.He is in my party from the moment I get him intill the games end.I cannot go through the game without him for it feels as if I am missing a big part of the game.

Yuffie...I really wanted to go back and do her sidequest by the time disk 3 rolled about. It took me ages to find her,and i found her in thr forest of a tiny island off somewhere.Got her,got her to join my part,and by the time i reached Wutai,i couldnt do her sidequest with Don and the Turks.I never used her again.I just...dont like her at all.

overall rating:10

Max
03-14-2004, 04:22 AM
10, yuffie and vincent rule:cool:

Big D
03-14-2004, 04:31 AM
I really dislike Vincent's ultimate weapon, Death Penalty. I believe the lower the HP, the more damage it does (the opposite of Ultimate Weapon) and since I always like to have my characters at full or near-enough full at the start of a battle, the two really don't go well together.
Actually, the Death Penalty's power increases every time Vincent kills something. If he's defeated virtually no monsters when you get it, it'll be weak; if you've devoted hours to mindless slaughter, it'll be a weapon of unsurpassed whuppage.

Yuffie and Vincent are great characters, in my opinion. Yuffie was exuberant and colourful, as well as fairly entertaining. The date between Yuffie and Cloud is better than any of the others.

Vincent's pseudo-spiritual darkness and his horrific story add an unsettling psychological dimension to the story of Hojo's experiments.

Zero Bahamut
03-14-2004, 02:53 PM
i get yuffie at the earliest possible stage: wen u cum out of the mithril mine go to the forrest hugging the moutains which are near junon and get in2 a few fights,
it may take a while but she'l appear now and then.

which means i go 2 wutai and complete her side quest as wel as gettin leviathan + a cool weapon 4 cid as soon as i get the tiny bronco :D:D:D

TheSpoonyBard
03-14-2004, 08:40 PM
I voted 6, just because noone else had, and it looked lonely sitting next to 7, 8 and 9, all with 3 votes.

Silent Warrior
03-22-2004, 09:44 AM
I totally liked Vincent, and I totally hated Yuffie... What's poor little me supposed to do now... *Votes 4*

Xander
03-22-2004, 10:29 AM
I liked Yuffie lots, but wasn't a big fan of Vincent, I barely used him. When I started the game the second time through I used Yuffie as a main character, I never used to like characters with guns though for some reason. That changed with FFX-2, hehe. ^_^

Mystery
03-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Eight.

My favorite character isn't play-able

JadedRose
03-30-2004, 07:27 AM
i said 9; i didn't really care for yuffie much, but vincent is one of the coolest characters in the game.

JseanjohnC
04-10-2004, 06:06 PM
hey darkness i took ur quiz and im most like YUNA...is sumthin wrong lol j/p!

Aphelion
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
I give them a 7!

Heath
04-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I really dislike Vincent's ultimate weapon, Death Penalty. I believe the lower the HP, the more damage it does (the opposite of Ultimate Weapon) and since I always like to have my characters at full or near-enough full at the start of a battle, the two really don't go well together.
Actually, the Death Penalty's power increases every time Vincent kills something. If he's defeated virtually no monsters when you get it, it'll be weak; if you've devoted hours to mindless slaughter, it'll be a weapon of unsurpassed whuppage.

Ah, well it explains why it's so weak for me, but yeah, Cloud was generally the one that would finish monsters off. Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't too sure myself. :)

ShadyMilkman
04-11-2004, 11:55 PM
Hey Big D! Do all the Ultimate Weapons have soem hitch like that? If so, what are they??? Cause I'm stupid in comparison at VII. Never liked it as much as the others.... But yeah, care to share with me?

Mr. Graves
04-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Eight.

Yuffie's attacks and Throw materia are coo', and Vincent's Limits are fun to watch.

DocFrance
04-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey Big D! Do all the Ultimate Weapons have soem hitch like that? If so, what are they??? Cause I'm stupid in comparison at VII. Never liked it as much as the others.... But yeah, care to share with me?
Cloud's Ultima Weapon and Cait Sith's HP Shout do more damage when their HP is full.

Cid's Venus Gospel and Red XIII's Limited Moon do more damage when their MP is full.

Tifa's Premium Heart does more damage depending on the number of times she gets a 'miss' on her limit breaks.

Barrett's Missing Score does more damage depending on the number of mastered materia he has in his weapon.

Yuffie's Conformer does more damage depending on the level of her target.

Vincent's Death Penalty does more damage depending on the number of enemies he has killed.

Del Murder
04-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Tifa's Premium Heart does more damage depending on the number of times she gets a 'miss' on her limit breaks.

Actually it's how full her limit guage is.

DocFrance
04-12-2004, 02:25 AM
Ooooohh... I heard differently. Of course, I've never gotten her ultimate weapon, so I wouldn't know.

JseanjohnC
04-16-2004, 02:50 AM
considering i cheated thru 99.9% of final fantasy 7 i wouldnt kno either...what can i say its damn difficult?

DocFrance
04-16-2004, 03:07 AM
I didn't think it was that hard.

Kirobaito
04-16-2004, 03:50 AM
I always used Yuffie and Vincent as my other two characters. Yuffie because she was awesome in battle, Vince because he was awesome in everything else.

The Man
04-16-2004, 04:03 AM
I didn't think it was that hard.
Oy. There were only a few bits in the game that gave me trouble at all. Of cousre, I couldn't really be bothered to complete Disc 3, either, but I didn't really need any outside help for anything on the first two discs, so yeah.

Linus J
04-16-2004, 01:14 PM
In my personal experience Tifas ultimate weapon does more damage the closer to limit break you are. That's why I dont use her.

Anyway, if using Vincent alot in the game and letting him kill alot, he gets really powerful at the end of the game (thing is, you got to inflict sadness on him cause really, you shouldn't want him to get a limit break). Yuffie however, is powerful, end of story.
I dont like any of their limits.
Vincent and to the plot and is really cool, Yuffie is annoying.

What they are great for though, is morphing stuff.

Blazer
04-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Don't use either of them that much...i always get vincent when my guys are 10 lvls above him and i never really liked yuffie's moves all that well, so about a 7 ;) (i've heard good things)

JseanjohnC
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
most of the votes will change after the movie...will bring my memory back since i havent played in years

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: almost a hot thread!!!! this will be my first...thanks guys lol

Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.

Mephic
04-24-2004, 08:13 PM
i give them a 9 because vincent is my favourite character in the game mainly because he was one of the turks, and Yuffie was always fun when you go up the tower in Yuffies hometown (im not sure what the name is)

Ultima Shadow
04-24-2004, 08:29 PM
(10) Vincent is my favorite character and he is NOT useless in later game if you only know how to use him. If you kill alot of monsters with his Death penalty (his best weapon) then it will grow in strength. Slow, but you don,t need to kill powerfull enemis, just many of them. And you should NOT choose his Chaos limmit but his Hellmasker. Now if you berserk him as hellmasker= attack+, he will soon do 7500+ each time he hit with his Chainsaw. He will hit about 5-6 times= better than 4cut. :D :D Just have someone healing him. :D :D

JseanjohnC
04-24-2004, 10:42 PM
yuffie wuz annoying after trying to get her and vincents sidequest was awesome beacuse it wasnt difficult! yuffies sidequest unfortunately i dont remember

Teh_Sephiroth
04-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Vincent was cool, Yuffie's picture is hideous to look at.
*votes 6*

JseanjohnC
04-27-2004, 12:28 AM
thank-you guys so much for making this my first HOTT thread!! :) :) :) Wasnt really expecting this to make it!

Del Murder
04-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Congratulations JseanjohnC! Does this mean you'll stop making your zany polls? :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-27-2004, 02:25 AM
What's the trick to the Princess Guard? Doesn't it hit harder if Aeris's allies are in critical condition or something?

JseanjohnC
04-27-2004, 02:57 AM
hey im takin a break lol! u guys love my polls rite? lol! :D

Teh_Sephiroth
04-27-2004, 03:28 AM
hey im takin a break lol! u guys love my polls rite? lol! :D
If by 'love', you mean 'feel like scratching out your eyes with a rusty old hook' - then yes, they're great. :D

Big D
04-27-2004, 07:31 AM
What's the trick to the Princess Guard? Doesn't it hit harder if Aeris's allies are in critical condition or something?
Yup, critical or disabled. Useful if you're taking on the Demon Gate with a low-level party. But then, that particular enemy doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone except first-time players... in my first game of FFVII, it wasted my crew many-a-time, and I didn't have the Princess Guard. One time I could've used it...

Teh_Sephiroth
04-27-2004, 09:44 AM
Yup, critical or disabled. Useful if you're taking on the Demon Gate with a low-level party. But then, that particular enemy doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone except first-time players... in my first game of FFVII, it wasted my crew many-a-time, and I didn't have the Princess Guard. One time I could've used it...

I had no problem with it.
My friend died a few times because he thought that any materia on Aeris would disappear after her untimely death.
I did not make this n00bish mistake, instead, I trained Aeris up so she had all her limits and kicked it's ass!

The Man
05-02-2004, 08:19 PM
That's not a particularly n00bish mistake to make, actually, since in Final Fantasy IV all equipment on a character is lost after they leave the party.

Lord Xehanort
05-02-2004, 08:38 PM
I totally liked Vincent, and I totally hated Yuffie...

Vincent-10 He has a high accuracty so it gives me a reason to use the Deathblow Materia. This way, I can save Chaos for Bosses or fights w/ several enemies.

Yuffie-0 She stole my materia on my first play-through and I couldn't get it back. Some glitch. I know she was in that pot... but Cloud wouldn't get her out. I never liked her after I had to restart.

one_winged_angel
05-03-2004, 11:37 PM
TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN! TEN!

Vincent is badass and yuffie is a cool ninja. What can I say?

PS. My favourite party so far is Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent

zacks_clone
05-03-2004, 11:43 PM
scratch the yuffie and insert tifa and i'll agree with you

JseanjohnC
05-04-2004, 12:46 AM
tifa isnt quite a hidden character @ all! :mog:

one_winged_angel
05-04-2004, 12:47 AM
She was telling me to replace my party member Yuffie with Tifa and it would be her ideal party.

JseanjohnC
05-04-2004, 09:55 PM
alrite than nevermind than lol

SomethingBig
05-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Vincent was cool, but he sucked beyond all comrpehension in battle. Yuffie, though, was amazing. Her third limit break, Doom of the Living, was basically just a mini-omnislash. I it hits 13 times.

ForeverZeroUltima
05-06-2004, 01:52 AM
PS. My favourite party so far is Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent

same here :D

everytime i restarted the game i trained a different party.

Cloud, Yuffie, Vincent.
Cloud, Barret, Red XIII.
and i'm working on my Cloud, Tifa, Cid one right now :p
(and yes, i know i left out Cait Sith. I got him to his Slots LIMIT BREAK on my very first game, then i accidentally saved over it when i started my second game.)

yes, Doom to the Living is a mini-omnislash. It hits 13 times, Omnislash hits 15 times :p

escobert
05-13-2004, 02:16 AM
I gave ema 5 cuz I used Vincent all the time but I never used Yuffie.

Starcrest
06-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Yuffie a 6.5 and Vincent a 9.99 bcause he kicked ass but his final weapon was confusing. Yuffie...i just didn't use...or care about

ForeverZeroUltima
06-06-2004, 10:30 PM
heheh...i find it kinda ironic, y'know? people keep saying that yuffie is a worthless little b*tch, but in fact, she's the strongest against Emerald Weapon. (her Conformer will always do 9999 damage against him).

The Man
06-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Everyone who hates Yuffie obviously simply doesn't understand.

Starcrest
06-07-2004, 02:18 AM
I neva said she was a worthless little be-Ach, just saying...i didn't really use her, and my ppl do 9999 ne way, cept for vincent, but i dont have yuffie's conformer, so i couldn't use her even if i tried

eestlinc
06-07-2004, 10:24 AM
Yuffie has good dialogues with cloud throughout the game, has a challenging side quest, has useful limits, has a great ultimate weapon, and is cute/spunky/annoying in an endearing way.

Vincent has a good backstory but is lousy in battle and his limit is really annoying. Vincent is also more of pain to get into your party in the first place. Plus, he uses a gun which is dishonorable.

I'd give Yuffie a 10 and Vincent a 4, so I averaged that out to 7.

Lord Xehanort
06-07-2004, 02:55 PM
I've restarted my game and right now I am near Junon, so I could get Yuffie... but I'm trying to get the date with barrte and I know that if I get Yuffie, she'll mess it all up. I might get her after though, now that I know about her Lvl 3 Limit.

ForeverZeroUltima
06-07-2004, 07:17 PM
yeah, getting a date with Barret (*twitches) is hard, since Yuffie'll get in the way....

date with Barret? *looks at Ansem's signature and sees "Gay Pride"* ....*backs away*