PDA

View Full Version : Importance of sleep

ShiggtyLuffLuff
03-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Hmm at this time i ah writing this i have been up maybe over 24 hours now, and before that i havnt been gettin much sleep at all, well with work and all its hard to..but stayin up late dont help...i know that getting your sleep is important *remembers parents ideal rabble about something like that* it mantains your over all apperance and your mood and basicly everything about you is better when you have slept the good sleep...but not for me..i think im startin to look like hammered caca (Lol caca) well yeah but who else has this so called insomnia!?...and how can you cure it if possiable!?

Mo-Nercy
03-11-2004, 10:27 AM
I happen to not go to a local high school. Instead, it's a approx. 2 hour trip into the city in the morning rush hour every day. And the school expects a high level of participation and homework quality so I often stay up to 1 am doing homework, assignments (or just hanging around here at EoFF) and I wake up at 6:30 am to get ready (unless it Friday, in which case I will get up at 6:45...)

It's safe to say I don't get much sleep.

I usually make up for it on weekends though....expect now I go tutoring, so only one day for a good long sleep now .:o

ShiggtyLuffLuff
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
omg...i would die if i had to miss out on that much sleep *huggles his sleep* my precious!...but serously that sucks lots..unable to get much sleep and havin to drive so far and and...wow i feel so bad for you i will sleep in an extra hour for ya ..hehe

Mo-Nercy
03-11-2004, 10:39 AM
You actually get used to not sleeping. And I constantly rest my eyes in class but not actually sleeping. I'm pretty sure I do have ugly, baggy, sleep-deprived eyes but my hair covers them so no-one else knows. :D

ShiggtyLuffLuff
03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Lol yeah i know but dont ya miss it?!..i mean...its sleep..someimte s better then sex...wait...no it isnt..darn close though right behind it for sure!
*note the sexual induendo*....*note the horriable spelling and grammer due to sleep depravation* v.v

Erdrick Holmes
03-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I can't stand sleeping for the following reasons:

1. I often wake up with sinus headaches that hurt like hell, I get them more often then I don't.
2. I never fall asleep untill about 2 am on schoolnights and I end up waking up before I have a chance to have my mind actually relize that I've fallen asleep. (I'd close my eyes for five seconds, oepn them and look at my clock going ahead five ours.)

Peegee
03-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Sleep is retardedly important; staying up 24 hours is equivalent of being drunk, for example. Extended sleep deprivation results in normative levels of insanity and hallucinations about pink elephants. Sleep = important.

Fuzakeru
03-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Which is why you are always online right, Pie Guy Sempai?
Hehe. Awww. My poor baby. I guess me calling you at 5 in the morning doesn't help you sleep, eh? ^_^;;

Peegee
03-11-2004, 07:38 PM
DESPARATE CHIXOR ALERT!

fire_of_avalon
03-11-2004, 08:08 PM
I've always been the late to bed early to rise type, but over the past couple of months, insomnia seems to have taken control of me. At least once a week I can't fall asleep until 4-5 in the AM. I don't like it.

Mikztsu
03-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I must have something to do with all those birth-controll pills.

Breine
03-11-2004, 08:34 PM
For some people it is fatal that they sleep at least 8 hours a day, but 6 hours is fine... I can handle it :D

XSabinX
03-11-2004, 11:46 PM
I love seeing how long I can stay up, just to push the limits of the human body :D

Peegee
03-11-2004, 11:50 PM
My brother has gone 60 hours, and he started hallucinating and stuff, so I'm not sure why it's good to 'push the limits'. It's not as if you can train your body to not need sleep every day.

ShiggtyLuffLuff
03-12-2004, 02:52 AM
i think the longest i have gone with out sleep was maybe 30 hours...and i need to be doing something fun that dont get old..like playing FF8...i stayed up very late playing that aswell as FF7...but 9 and 10 while 10 i think is the best i couldnt miss out on sleep for them two

Fuzakeru
03-12-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by Moo Moo the Ner Cow
DESPARATE CHIXOR ALERT!

*Is not desperate . . . just lonely* XD!!

Montoya
03-12-2004, 03:03 AM
I usually get enough sleep to satisfy me which would be around seven hours. The most I've stayed would have to be around 48 hours, but no hallucination, which sucks.