PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania XX ( Possible spoilers)

Mikztsu
03-11-2004, 02:44 PM
It's Wrestlemania time! Some build-ups for these matches has been good in my opinion, and some bad.

First off, very hyped up match Lesnar vs. Goldberg ( Austin as a special ref) has been build up poorly. Goldberg didn't make appearances in three RAW's before Wrestlemania, because he has only one night in his contract left. So all the build up has been on Lesnar's and Brock's shoulders.
It's also been said that Goldberg will leave WWE after Wrestlemania, BUT, now reliable news in wrestling world are saying that Lesnar will leave WWE as well because of he's pissed at WWE ( ungrateful crybaby) and he wants to try NFL career. This will be a great loss for WWE, but anyway: What could the possible result of this match be, both of these men leaving after WMXX? I think it'll end up Stone Cold giving stunners to them both.

Rock'n'Sock connection is back! But, as The Rock returned only 2 weeks before WMXX, it could've been better. But it works fine as he "came to help his old friend Mick Foley against bad Evolution".

Most Hyped up match probably is Kane vs <b>The Undertaker</b>. This will be great and very interesting; Old Skool Undertaker returns ( deadman). Supposedly come back to live after being "buried alive" many months ago. These Undertaker promos has been awesome. It'll be intereting what he'll look like. Will he wear a wig? because there's no way his hair has grown long yet. There's no way he'll return as an "american bad ass" biker though.

Then my predicitions and some random thoughts of WMXX matches.

<b><u>World Title Match</b></u>:
<b>Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit</b>

This match is supposed to be a good one. Rumour says HHH wants to work with "returning superstar" ( Edge?) after WMXX and willing to drop the title. I predict HBK to win this one. Benoit has bad mic skills which would never make him a great champ. He might "deserve" to be a champ, but not in wrestlemania. Probably he'll win it later from HBK, but it can't be a long title run.

<u><b>WWE Women's Title Match</b></u>
<b>Victoria vs. Molly Holly</b>

Molly Holly gets her head shaved bald if she loses. Go figure. I really have no idea what WWE has planned for this. Don't really care.

<b><u>World Tag Team Titles Match</u>
Booker T & RVD vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz</b>

I predict Booker T & RVD winning this one.

<b><u>WWE Tag Team Championship</u>
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. APA vs. Basham Bros. vs. SPWGTT</b>

Self Proclaimed World's Greatest Tag Team (SPWGTT) <i>deserves</i> to win this one, at least. Hard to predict anything, but they make the best champs in this category.

<b><u>WWE Title Match</u>
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle</b>

Eddie's been great champ since he got the title, crowd always loves him. WWE writers decided to make Kurt Angle a heel ( "bad guy") again and that's really better than his face role. I wish WWE would let Eddie Keep the belt for a bit longer. But I still think that Angle will take this one.

<b><u>WWE US Title Match</u>
The Big Show vs. John Cena</b>

A long feud coming to an end. Cena will win. Fans love him, he's never won any belt, AND it's said that Big Show will take some time off after WMXX. This is the most predictable one on WMXX card.

<b><u>WWE Cruiserweight Title Match</u>
Cruiserweight Open</b>

Just please not Mysterio again. Don't get me wrong, he's great, but others deserve to win it too. Tajiri winning would be great. Or maybe even Ultimo Dragon.:) ( can't see that happening though)

<b><u>Evening Gown Match</u>
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie</b>

Oh, that Playboy match. *yawn*

<b>Special Guest Ref: Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg</b>

No winner in this one. Something will happen. But whatever happens, the last man standing in this ring will be Stone Cold Steve Austing having a beer bash over Goldberg and Lesnar.

<b>Rock'n'Sock Connection ( The Rock and Mick Foley) vs. Evolution( Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair)</b>

This will be a good one of course.:) WWE will have Rock'n'Sock to win this one, just for the fans I think. But it's possible to see Evolution ( minus HHH) to win this one as well, because Foley has said he wants to help yongsters like Orton and Batista in their careers. And The Rock doesn't have an ego like Goldberg and HHH, so him jobbing wouldn't be impossibility.

<b>The Undertaker vs. Kane</b>

I don't think there's any way WWE will let Kane to win this one. :laugh: It'll be very interesting to see what's Undertaker like ( his music, entrance and everything).

<b>Chris Jericho vs. Christian</b>

Ah, the battle of old friends, Y2J being a good guy. This is just as obvious as Cena's win. Y2J has jobbed so much lately ( even Stevie Richards last week :laugh: ) that there's no chance in hell he'd job at wrestlemania. This should be a GREAT match, and both of these men have been building this match up very well.

And what AFTER WMXX? Do you think there will be roster trades? Maybe WWE will somehow keep Goldberg because Lesnar is leaving? When will Edge return? How long The Rock will stay before going to Hollywood again? When the hell will Y2J get a title push he deserves, dammit?
Seeing any good storlylines coming up? The Undertaker will go to Smackdown, of course. It's also said that Kane would jump from RAW to Smackdown as a result of this.

Discuss.

American Badass
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
World Title Match:
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit

History dictates that Triple H has been the only heel walking into a Wrestlemania main event as champion and walking out as champion. That, plus the fact he won the Undisputed championship at WM18, and retained the World Heavyweight Championship at WM19, it appears quite clear that he will once again retain the title at Wrestlemania. And if he does, by act of God, does drop the belt it will be to his buddy HBK. Benoit has no chance of winning this one, despite the fact that he deserves it more than the other two men. Let's face it, Benoit has been booked horribly leading into this match, as both HBK and HHH have cut in on his promo time and have been shown as superior to Benoit (HBK laying out Benoit with one punch, HHH distracting Benoit causing him to turn his back on his opponent {and as a Benoit fan, that insults me because it is something Benoit never does}).

Its just sad that way Benoit has been booked. And while I know Benoit is not a good promo man, not ever champion in WWE has been a great promo man. I damn sure don't consider HHH a good promo man. He comes out and says the same thing every single time. "I beat the odds," "I can't be beaten," "I am the best in the business today," "I am the game," "I am that damn good." There, I just described a standard Triple H promo. Just insert current opponent into said promo, and we have a typical fifteen minute segment on Raw featuring Triple H McMahon.

If the creative team were actually creative, they would put Benoit over by his strengths and sweep his weaknesses under the carpet. Some heel spends ten minutes bad mouthing Benoit, have Benoit run out and confront the heel. You want an interview segment, have the interviewer put over Benoit, and when he finally allows Benoit to talk let Benoit say only a few words. Put over the fact that Benoit is one of the best technical wrestlers in the business and let him showcase his intensity in the middle of the ring. He will get over. After all, there is a reason and arena full of people gave Benoit a standing olvation after losing a match against Angle at the 2003 Royal Rumble. People want to cheer that man, and if he were booked right, there's no doubt he would be over.

I mean, it would take a complete idiot not to push a man who recieved a standing olvation from a crowd. But of course, Benoit isn't 6'4" and 280 pound big man that Vince McMahon likes to masturbate over. Instead, HHH will always be pushed as being able to beat anyone, despite not being the same worker he was circa 2000-2001 and despite having the same gimmick for the past 5 years. He has decimated the Raw rosted. He has literally beaten every face that was a threat to him, and if he was beaten for the title, he would turn around and get it back in only a few months. As far as rumors of him dropping the world title, I'll believe it when I see it. The WWE would be better off without him, and if he takes a serious injury to keep him out for another year, well, I'll welcome it if happens.

Winner: Triple H

WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly

I like both women in this match. They are probably two of the best women workers the WWE have. I really have no problem with whomever wins so long as if Victoria does win, Molly gets out of having her head shaved. I really don't want to see that happen.

Winner: Molly

World Tag Team Titles Match
Booker T & RVD vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz

Nothing more than a throw a way match so more wrestlers can get on the show. And not that I don't like tag team wrestling, cause I do, but what the hell is up with RVD and Booker T being tag champs. They should be in the IC title & World Title hunts. But wait, I forgot, they aren't homegrown WWE talent and apparently they'll never be World Champion material. Thanks again Vince.

Winners: RVD & Booker T

WWE Tag Team Championship
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. APA vs. Basham Bros. vs. SPWGTT

Even more of a throw away than the other one. I mean, how creative is the creative team to have two of the same type gimmick matches on one card?

Winners SPWGTT because they deserve it

WWE Title Match
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle

One of two matches which is a possible show stealer. Without a doubt, Eddie has been a great champion thus far and proves that a "little guy" can be over as champion. He gets the biggest pops of the night wherever he goes and he can cut a great promo as he has the rare ability to seem like he's speaking from his heart. A lot of guys you can tell are acting. With Eddie, it seems like he means every word of it (which he may). And with Lesnar apparently leaving after Wrestlemania, it would make sense to the WWE to have this feud carry over for the next month or so. I just see Eddie's momentum as champ carrying him through.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

WWE US Title Match
The Big Show vs. John Cena

Easy one to predict. Cena has been on fire recently, and the crowd eats up everything he says. The only reason I see Cena not winning the match is because of being banged what with a bad knee and some broken bones in his wrist or hand. That being said, I still expect Cena to walk out with the US Title. I see great things from Cena so long as he remains healthy and so long as he learns how to carry others in his matches.

Winner: John Cena

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open

The other match that is a possible show stealer. I would expect Chavo to walk out retaining the Cruiserweight Title. It just doesn't make sense to push him as a strong champ with a big win last month only to drop it now. I like Chavo's style, so I hope he wins and goes on to feud with Ultimo or Billy Kidman

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

Evening Gown Match
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie

T&A match. Doesn't matter who wins.

Winners: Fans who like T&A

Special Guest Ref: Steve Austin
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg

If WWE does a no contest finish in NYC at WMXX, be ready for trash bombarding the ring. Its a tough call considering Goldberg won't be around after Mania, and neither will Brock Lesnar apparently. The smart thing to do would be to have another superstar cause one of the men to lose, so with both men going out the door, a worker will get a rub. Seeing as how that would make too much damn sense, Austin will probably stunner both and count whoever recovers first to pin the other man. So even though Austin isn't a worker anymore, he still goes over both men. Yep, typical WWE thinking right there.

Winner: Doesn't matter cause Austin will likely get the rub anyway

Rock'n'Sock Connection ( The Rock and Mick Foley) vs. Evolution( Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair)

This is probably the hardest match to predict a winner in. One on hand you have the Rock 'n' Sock connection teaming back up to take on Evolution. A situation like this nearly demands for the faces to go over the heels. On the other hand, you have Mick Foley who is willing to put over younger talent at his expense (someone tell Triple H to take notes) and you have the Rock likely going back to Hollywood, but everytime he does go back, he leaves by putting over talent in the company (Triple H, continue taking notes). So you have a situation that could go either way. However, it being Wrestlemania XX, I just can't see the faces loosing the match. However, if Orton and Foley have a one on one at Backlash, look for Orton to go over there.

Winners: Rock 'n' Sock Connection

The Undertaker vs. Kane

Oh yeah, like they're going to let the Undertaker's winning streak be broken in his return match as the deadman and their horrible booking with Kane. As a side note, last I heard The Undertaker's hear was shoulder length, so he could pull off the look from his first debut in WWE.

Winner: The Undertaker

Chris Jericho vs. Christian

Its really a ruler for how far down the card Jericho has fallen when you go from the main event World Title match to the show stealing match with HBK to a mid card match with Christian. No offense meant to Christian cause I like him, but Jericho deserves to be in the World Title Hunt. For a man who can be as technically as Benoit or as well rounded as HBK, and can out talk anyone on the Raw roster its a wonder why he isn't in main event matches. Oh I forgot, he's not a big man. Thanks again Vince.

Winner: Chris Jericho

As for thoughts after Wrestlemania, well, if they push young talent as strong contenders, I see it being a good year. Unfortunately, that means taking a risk. And Vince would rather take a risk starting a low brow football league instead of pushing new talent. Oh wait, he already did that.

It just seems funny to me that since they see Smackdown as the inferior brand (and let's face it, they've lost Benot, they've lost Edge, they're going to lose Lesnar, and the deadman Undertaker is coming back so he doesn't have to sell to anyone) they've taken more chances with other talent and its worked. Eddie is over as champion. Cena is over because of being Cena. Benoit was over before he was moved to Raw and booked horribly. From what I watch on TV, if you're on Smackdown you have a chance to get ahead. If your on Raw there's one of two outcomes: If you're a babyface you get squashed by Triple H. If you're heel, you'll never be better than Triple H. If I were a WWE talent I'd want to work on Smackdown seeing as you might actually have a chance of being more than a midcarder.

Mikztsu
03-11-2004, 07:46 PM
That was just a brilliant post, badass.

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm excited about this one, a very stacked card. I don't pay much attention to the backstage stuff anymore, so my predictions might be a little off.

<b>World Title Match:
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit</b>

Hunter should lose here. The heel champ typically loses a Wrestlemania. I would like to see Royal Rumble winner Benoit take this one and contrary to what Mik and Badass say I think the Crippler has been built up pretty well. This is the second best match on the card.

Winner: Chris Benoit

<b>WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly
</b>
Molly's character is stale and I think shaving her bald would make people dislike her more. Then again, this is a pretty drastic move. I don't know why this is Victoria instead of Lita in this one. Oh well.

Winner: Victoria

<b>World Tag Team Titles Match
</b>
Booker and RVD don't have any singles roles on Raw, which sucks because they are two of my favorites. If they lost the titles they'd have nothing to do, and maybe they'd go to Smackdown and be main eventers. I don't see it happening.

Winner: Booker T & RVD

<b>WWE Tag Team Championship
</b>
Since the other 4-way doesn't have a title change there has to be one here. Too Cool is so four years ago anyway. I say APA gets one more run at it only to lose it to SPWGTT a week later.

Winner: APA

<b>WWE Title Match
</b>
Eddie winning the belt was one of the greatest things ever. I love this match because it puts my two favorite Smackdown guys against each other. Though I think the three-way will be better, and get top billing, this one could very well steal the show. This feud will obviously continue and I think Eddie will get the win, Angle will go whinning to Heyman, and get a rematch with some silly stipulation.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero is my favorite wrestler

<b>WWE US Title Match
</b>
Big Show sucks and people eat up everything that comes out of Cena's mouth (I personally think he's a dork). Big Show needs to do more comedy. When he made fun of Cena that was classic.

Winner: John Cena

<b>WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open
</b>
Man I go nuts for this cruiserweight stuff. This is easily my favorite match on the card. I wish Raw would switch the women's division for the cruiserweight division, because I don't watch Smackdown much. Anyway, the clear winner of this match is me. I think Chavo will lose this one and possibly move up to a US title feud with Cena, because he's doing pretty well right now. The Japanese wrestlers are getting a lot of hype in this one so I'll give it to Tajiri and he'll start a nice feud with Reyrey.

Winner: Tajiri

<b>Evening Gown Match
</b>
The Playboy chicks will lose this one to hype their magazine (by getting stripped). Stacy's hot though.

Winners: Stacy & Jackie

</b>
I was not aware that both Lesnar and Goldberg wanted out. Football? Lesnar is stupid. I used to like him. Anyway, Stone Cold will obviously be the victor no matter who gets the pin so I'll give it to Goldberg since he used to never lose.

Winner: Goldberg (and Austin)

<b>Rock'n'Sock Connection ( The Rock and Mick Foley) vs. Evolution( Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair)
</b>
The people love The Rock even if he doesn't win, but then again he just came back and no one expects him to lose. Even if Evolution does win this one Rock and Sock will steal all of the spotlight no matter what so why even bother. This was a great booking though.

Winner: Rock n' Sock and whoever doesn't see Flair with his shirt off

<b>The Undertaker vs. Kane
</b>
I don't know if this match will be any good, but the hype leading up to it certainly was. The first minute of this thing will be awesome with the old school Taker coming back finally. The American Badass gimmick went on too long and made him stupid (no offense AB). Taker is passed his prime but there's no way he's losing this one.

Winner: Undertaker

<b>Chris Jericho vs. Christian
</b>
Jericho is my favortie wrestler right now, period. I liked Jericho way back before he was cool, when he was in WCW and everyone hated him and made fun of me for liking him. HOW BOUT THEM APPLES. It's sad to see him in a reduced role but as long as he gets his TV time I won't be sad. Anyway, Y2J might get some Trish interference to win or maybe just win straight up.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Wow, I picked the 'good guys' in every single match, except Tajiri. But usually Wrestlemania is where good prevails so I'll leave it.

EternalBahamut
03-11-2004, 09:00 PM
My picks
<b>World Title Match:
Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit</b>

Hunter should lose here, you're all right but HHH seems to have that belt attached to him lately. It is unfortunately that he held it for over a year because there are lots of other storey lines that would be cool and lots of others that deserve a chance.
winner - Hunter *sighs*
<b>WWE Women's Title Match
Victoria vs. Molly Holly
</b>
Winner: Victoria - seems like they have been playing her up alot lately

<b>World Tag Team Titles Match
</b>

Winner: La Resistance. I think Vince likes to run things into the ground sometimes. These guys are past due to fall off the radar so I think they will win to keep their story alive.

<b>WWE Tag Team Championship
</b>
Winner: Scotty and Rikishi - Rikishi is a huge crowd favorite and they both have sacrificed alot and had alot of injuries
<b>WWE Title Match
</b>
Winner: Eddie Guerrero- I personally do not like him a whole lot but when I say them live here, Eddie got more cheers then Brock did
<b>WWE US Title Match
</b>
Winner: John Cena- he's the hottest wrestler out there right now

<b>WWE Cruiserweight Title Match
Cruiserweight Open
</b>

Winner: Tajiri

<b>Evening Gown Match
</b>

Winners: Stacy & Jackie - just because Sable and Torrie will be naked by the end

</b>

Winner: Lesnar, they need him in Smackdown with the title
<b>Rock'n'Sock Connection ( The Rock and Mick Foley) vs. Evolution( Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair)
</b>

Winner: Evolution - I have a feeling Rock will spoil the night for ole Mick

<b>The Undertaker vs. Kane
</b>

Winner: Undertaker - I cannot wait for the return of the dead man

<b>Chris Jericho vs. Christian
</b>

Winner: Christian - one of the better heals

black orb
03-12-2004, 02:06 AM
>>> Im just waiting for Bret Hart appearance at Wrestlemania XX.. I hope they give the respect he deserve..

Del Murder
03-12-2004, 07:06 AM
I also thought of the Rocky screwjob but didn't think it would fit. Rock isn't in the shape he needs to be in if he's going be a top heel. Plus him and Triple H aren't allowed to be on the same side :D

American Badass
03-12-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Del Murder
The American Badass gimmick went on too long and made him stupid (no offense AB).
Maybe I should take a hint and change my gimmick :D

Seriously though, I can't see how you think Benoit was booked well going into this match. I mean, first you have the contract signing where Benoit listens to Triple H go on an on for ten minutes without saying one word or without slapping the taste out of Triple H's mouth. Benoit stands there like a goober, and when Triple H is finally finished and Benoit goes to sign the contract, out comes HBK who ends up knocking Benoit out and signs the contract himself (which anyone with and decent grasp of reality would know doesn't make a lick of sense).

Then the following week, you have Benoit getting beat down be Evolution, only to be saved by HBK. Then you have a match between HBK and Benoit where Benoit is distracted by Triple H and flat out turns his back on HBK. And like I said before, as a Benoit fan, I'm insulted because its something Benoit would never do, and its something Benoit has never done. This of course leads to a pinfall victory over Benoit.

Then, you have Benoit and HBK team up against Orton and Batista. HBK and Benoit have the typical two faces can't get along ends up fighting each other thing go down, and that's ok. But HBK lays out Benoit with one punch. One friggin punch. It was like Benoit just got hit with Sweet Chin Music. So as far as this fued goes, you have Triple H going over everyone, HBK going over Benoit once, and Benoit going over.....no one involved in his fued.

Unless Benoit is looked at as the most massive underdog in history, he's been booked horribly. Even if there is a massive act of God at Wrestlemania and Benoit does manage to win the title, it won't mean anything because I can't possibly see how he had any chance of winning going into the match. So I still expect Trips to retain to set up a Triple H vs Chris Benoit title match at Backlash which happens to take place in Edmonton, which is Benoit's hometown. So either one of two things will happen there. Either Benoit will be rewarded in front of his hometown by winning the World Heavyweight Title, or there will be a screwjob finish with Triple H retaining.

*Edit*
On the subject of the Rock. I just don't see him sticking around very long after Wrestlemania, if at all. He's going to be starring in Spy Hunter which apparently starts production sometime in the spring which isn't that far away. So it wouldn't make sense for the Rock to turn heel because it wouldn't lead anywhere.

Del Murder
03-12-2004, 07:20 AM
That's a good point, a one on one match in Canada would be a better place for Benoit to become a champion. But usually the person that gets the edge before the ppv loses.

AB, you should change your name to Dead Man. :D

Spatvark
03-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Firstly, I'm gonna state I don't watch WWE all that much seeing that it's always on after midnight here and that I can't afford to watch the pay-to-view matches n' stuff, so I'll be missing out on Wrestlemania XX. Basically, I don't know half as much as you guys do about WWE and the state of the wrestlers, so this is all fairly uninformed opinion on my part =P

<b>Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit</b>

I'd so love Benoit to win this match to be honest, and one-on-one, I think he could take either of them, but he's never really been the kind of guy to pin someone, and I don't see him having enough time to crossface anyone in the match. That leaves it down to HBK and HHH, and to be honest, I just plain don't like Shawn Michaels. Of course, Triple H is an arse, but I still think he'll retain the title just because he is Triple H.

<b>Victoria vs. Molly Holly</b>

Haven't seen Molly Holly fight since just after all the crap went down with the Dudley Boyz, so I'm still somewhat confused to see her as a heel somewhat. And I've no freakin' idea who Victoria is except for seeing Test smack the crap outta her. I vote for Lita to come running in and kick both of their arses just because Lita > all =P

<b><u>World Tag Team Titles Match</u>
Booker T & RVD vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz</b>

I watch Raw even less than I do Smackdown so I'm surprised as hell to see RvD and Booker T as tag champions. I think neither Jindrak & Cade or La Resistance winning this one; it's either gonna be the Dudley Boyz with their last Title on home ground (coz' let's face it, they're getting pretty damn old now) or the current champs owning them all. RvD is easily one of my favourite wrestlers in the WWE because of his sheer athletic ability, complete and utter arrogance and teh fact that he's a hardcore wrestler. Booker T's always been a nonce as far as I'm concerned, but he was the big man over at WCW and he's always done semi-decently at WWE, but RvD will carry this match and take the win.

<b><u>WWE Tag Team Championship</u>
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. APA vs. Basham Bros. vs. SPWGTT</b>

Frankly, they all suck except the APA. The only tag team I've seen that really compares to them was the Undertaker and Kane, but I don't see that ever happening again... but yeah, APA to win this match, though I wouldn't be utterly surprised if the Basham's pull it off.

<b><u>WWE Title Match</u>
Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle</b>

I think the writing for Eddie has been absolute crap to be honest and I've never really liked him; in my eyes, he's always been a knock-off of Ricky "The Steamboat" Dragon, who's like, my favourite wrestler ever. But then, Kurt Angle is a total chump who deserves to get beaten down for his awful writing in the lead-up as well. The whole storyline his sucked to be honest; I'm betting on Chavo to come running out and cost Eddie the match, only for Eddie to win it back after Wrestlemania XX.

<b><u>WWE US Title Match</u>
The Big Show vs. John Cena</b>

The only question in this match is whether John Cena can actually F-U the Big Show; if he manages it (and I'm not sure he can, but after doing it to A-Train last week, he's got a shot), the crowd will go freaking wild. There's no doubt he's gonna win in my eyes unless his knee gives out.

<b><u>WWE Cruiserweight Title Match</u>
Cruiserweight Open</b>

Rey Mysterio. After his performance in the three-on-three tag match last week, I can't see him losing this, though it would be nice for Kidman to finally do something decent. As for Chavo, he's been in great form recently and I gotta agree with you guys that he'll be moving on up in the championship stakes soemtime soon.

<b><u>Evening Gown Match</u>
Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie</b>

I'd rather watch some porn to be honest. Now if they had Lita in there... =D?

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg</b>

Always preferred Goldberg to Lesnar, but when it comes down to it, they both suck, but so does Austin. This match won't last nearly as long as it should; having Austin as the referee will totally screw everything up coz' everyone knows he's gonna take 'em both out. Shame really, coz' what I'd love to see is Goldberg and Lesnar teaming up on Austin and then fighting it out amongst themselves.

<b>Rock'n'Sock Connection ( The Rock and Mick Foley) vs. Evolution( Randy Orton, Batista, & Ric Flair)</b>

It's the Rock's first return match so of course the Rock 'n' Sock Connection is gonna win. The only thing Evolution really has going for them is Randy Orton's sheer arrogance, even though they realyl should win the match by sheer numbers. Everyone loves Mick and Rocky so they've GOT to win this match or all hell is gonna break loose =P

Know what I'd like to see? Undertaker <b><u><i>NOT</i></u></b> fight Kane, but instead team up once more, coz' face it, the reason Kane took him out in the first place is he wasn't evil anymore, and now he's back that way, it's time for the carnage to begin once more. But of course, that won't happen, and The Undertaker will annihilate the Big Red Machine.

Just like the Cena match, Y2J will win as long as his knee doesn't give out on him; Christian isn't nearly as good as him.

As for after Wrestlemania XX? Chavo to move onto the US championship, the Rock to disappear after a month or so, Evolution to finally end Foley's career, Undertaker and Kane to team up AFTER Kane gets his arse kicked at Wrestlemania (on Smackdown of course, where their only real competition will be the Big Show), the Eddie vs Kurt feud to carry on with Chavo regularly interfereing, and for HHH, HBK and Benoit to keep on rolling on in Raw. The way I see it, none of the big stuff is really gonna change because of Wrestlemania XX, it's gonna be the small fry who are gonna reap the rewards from it the most.

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Hm, I'm pretty sure Cena has FU'ed Big Show before.

And YES, I'd LOVE The Rock turning into heel and against Foley. I loved him as a heel in first half of '03, and I'd love to see something like that again. I love him as a face as much, but sometimes, like on last RAW him being all friendly again to The Hurricane just wasn't that cool. "This is your life Mick" was bloody hilarious though.:)

But yeah, I've heard some people predicting that The Rock'll turn against Foley at WMXX. Thats' make things interesting. And I would be very grateful if Rocky would stick around at least untill Backlash. But it's true that his heel turn would need more time to make it look somewhat convincing. He can do anything, though.

And Lita? I personally think Trish is the hottest diva there is. Easily.:)

Del Murder
03-12-2004, 08:21 AM
But Lita is the best wrestler of them all. Not that the women's division is worth anything.

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh and Black Orb, I'm sorry to say, but it's 99% sure that Bret Hart will not show up.:( He and Vince had apparently had talks about it, but they had fell. Not a surprise, as the two hates each other.

About Lesnar: He DOESN'T suck. Look how his mic skills has improved, look how much he means to Smackdown. And he sure can wrestle. Have you seen anyone else with his size doing Shooting Star Press? I'd say he's just as important as Kurt Angle to SD!. Smackdown will have some rough time after WMXX. It'll be weird without Brock.

Now GOLDBERG on the other hand is a whole different story. I never liked him, eventhough I don't dislike him anymore as much as I used to. Maybe because his facial expressions are making me laugh. Bring on Gillberg when Goldberg leaves!

American Badass
03-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Lita used to be the best woman wrestler in the women's division. Now, she still has ring rust and is sloppy in the ring. She nearly killed Victoria with a botched hurricaranna two weeks ago. Personally, Lita needs to be sent back down to OVW to get back into the wrestling shape she was in before she was injured. Right now, the two best women wrestlers are Victoria and Molly, with Trish and Jazz following up. It's been that way ever since Lita was injured and all the women had to step up their game, which they did.

And yes, Cena has FU'ed the Big Show before at the Survivor Series, and yes there was a very large pop associated with it.

Again with the Rock, although I think he is at his best when he is a heel (there's no denying that) I don't see WWE turning him. It would make sense if he were sticking around for awhile, but I expect The Rock to start filming on Spy Hunter soon, so the likelyhood of him sticking around for any longer than a few weeks is not very good. Plus I don't see why WWE would want to turn him heel considering he's quickly becoming bigger and bigger in Hollywood, and if I were running WWE I would rather have a babyface running around representing WWE than a heel.

As far as Bret Hart goes, I think he deserves to show up at Wrestlemania XX, but like Mikztsu said, McMahon and Hart talked about it and it fell through. However, I don't think the two men 'hate' each other anymore. Since his stroke, Hart has chosen just to drop the issue he has with McMahon. Is there some animosity still there? I'm sure, to a degree. But for the most part, I think Hart and McMahon are on talking terms right now, and though I don't think Hart will be at Wrestlemania, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hart do something with WWE in the future.

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah, there's been so much talk about Hart lately, that I see it likely that he'll show up sooner or later. And yes, good point about The Rock. It wouldn't make too much sense, no matter how much I'd love to see that happening - Rock Bottom at foley at Wrestlemania.:)

But I think Orton and Foley will keep on feuding after the WMXX. And yes, now I'm seeing that Eddie will very likely to win at wrestlemania. I mean, his and Angle's feud has just begun, and it'll keep going for a while after WMXX. And that feud is and will be awesome.

Oh, and there's also now talks that "Brock leaving WWE" might just be a publicity trick by Vince and WWE, seeing how much Vince and Brock has stated how much they hate internet reporters and leaking information. Brock leaving just wouldn't make sense to me at all.

1 - he's never played football.

2 - He's been main eventer almost since he arrived to WWE. I mean, he's almost literally on top of the world right now.

The whole thing wouldn't make sense at all. I sure hope he stays.

black orb
03-13-2004, 01:44 AM
>>> Bret only wants to go out there and thank the fans, thats why he must be there...

Del Murder
03-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Well I went 7-5 but I did pick the two title matches.

Match of the night: Jericho/Christian was good except the ending, and Eddie/Angle was well done too, but the main event really delivered and stole the show. Good to see Benoit finally get his due! What do you have to say now AB? :D

Stink of the night: Goldberg/Lesnar. Why did it take them so long to even do anything? I have less respect for these two guys now, and looks like the fans heard the same rumor about Lesnar to NFL. He would fail so badly there, the NFL is tough.

Disappointment of the night: I would have liked to see the cruiserweight open get more time as most of those guys can really fly. I go nuts for the cruiserweights.

Comeback of the night: Undertaker needs to grow his hair longer before he can pull off the dead man stuff, but it was cool to see the tombstone and the oldschool pin and Paul with the urn. Of course now this means he'll squash everybody so that'll get boring.

Move of the night: Benoit getting thrown into the Smackdown table.

Moment of the night: Benoit and Guererro embracing at the end. It was great to see two guys who have worked their asses off finally get their time to shine as the Wrestlemania champions!

Overall it was a decent show, but I've seen better Wrestlemanias.

American Badass
03-15-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Match of the night: Jericho/Christian was good except the ending, and Eddie/Angle was well done too, but the main event really delivered and stole the show. Good to see Benoit finally get his due! What do you have to say now AB? :D

For the second straight month, WWE put me in full blown mark out mode with the winner of the PPV main event. Last month it was Eddie Guerrero, this month it was Chris Benoit. And for me, it meant more because I've been a Benoit fan ever since I first saw him in WCW. I saw him never really get the proper respect over there, and I remember him winning the World title there, only to leave WCW the next day due to issues with the new head booker.

Then he had to struggle in WWE, and came close to winning the title on a few occasions but never really got it. And I never, ever expected Benoit to walk into the Wrestlemania main event (which is likely to be the biggest match of his career) and walk out with the strap around his waist. It was a thing of beauty to see happen.

And I'm not going to take back the things I said before regarding Triple H because a lot of it is more fact than fiction. But for this night, I give Triple H a ton of credit for putting over Benoit in the Garden in the middle of the ring by submitting to the Crossface. It was the biggest way he could've put over Benoit, so I appluad him for that.

Other PPV thoughts:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit (winner)

Great match, and dare I say it, match of the night. I loved MSG being behind Benoit the entire time and even booing HBK at a couple of points. There was no doubt from the New York crowd as to who they wanted to see walk out with the title. I also heard that they gave Benoit a standing olvation after the PPV went off the air when Benoit's wife and children came into the ring to celebrate. I wish I had seen that, but hopefully it will be on the Wrestlemania XX DVD.

Victoria (winner) vs. Molly Holly

It's a shame the crowd wasn't behind the women in this match, because it was a good match. The only bad thing is Molly getting her head shaved. Damn, that woman is a trooper.

<b><u>World Tag Team Titles Match</u></b>
Booker T & RVD (winners) vs. Jindrak & Cade vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz

Essentially a match to get eight guys on the PPV. The match was a throw away, but it did have good action. RVD and Booker T retained, and that's the way it should've been in this match.

<b><u>WWE Tag Team Championship</u></b>
Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi (winners) vs. APA vs. Basham Bros. vs. SPWGTT

Definitely even more of a throw away than the other. I was rooting for either of the heel teams to win because I don't like the APA nor do I like Rikishi and Scotty. Oh well, they retained anyway. Just one note though, please stop showing close-ups of Rikishi's ass. No one wants to see that.

<b><u>WWE Title Match</u></b>
Eddie Guerrero (winner) vs. Kurt Angle

The crowd ate this match up, and the two men delivered in every way. The match was great and was the match of the night until the main event. Props to both men, and props to whoever thought of the ending of that match. That was just brilliant. I definitely won't mind seeing this feud continue for the next few months.

<b><u>WWE US Title Match</u></b>
The Big Show vs. John Cena (winner)

A typical match with the Big Show with him having most of the offense. I could rag on the Big Show, but he's been very good for the past couple of months. Props to Cena for lifting a 500lb man on his shoulders not once, but twice. Damn.

<b><u>WWE Cruiserweight Open Title Match</u></b>

It was unfortunate this got so little time. I would gladly done without either fatal four way tag match to get more time in this one. Rey gets screwed, Chavo retains which I'm happy about. Thing to note in this match, Kidman damn near wrecking himself with the shooting star press to the outside. I think he drove his head directly into the chest of Jamie Knoble. No wonder he always gets hurt.

<b><u>Evening Gown Match</u></b>

Typical bra and panties match. Tazz was hilarious calling commentary.

<b>Special Guest Ref: Steve Austin</b>

Damn. The MSG crowd was brutal in this match. Lesnar got the "you sold out" chant and the "hey hey goodbye chant." The NYC crowd made their feelings known to both these guys. In fact, Austin was the only one to get cheered during the actual match. Goldberg wins with the jackhammer, Lesnar gives the finger to the crowd and Austin, Lesnar gets a stunner, Goldberg drinks beer then gets a stunner. Thank you both men for your work, but Austin just stunned you out of the WWE.

To be quite honest, I'm not all that surprised WWE gave Orton the pin on Foley in this one. Foley has always been one to put over upcoming talent, and he did so in a major way with Orton. I'm liking Orton more and more, but he still needs to be a little more seasoned. He's actually quite similar to the Rock. The Rock had a huge push which he wasn't ready for, but he grew into it. Orton is doing the same thing. I'm looking for a one on one between Orton and Foley at Backlash because nothing was really resolved. And as a side note, did it seem like the Rock was having a ball last night or what? And how about he and Flair's interaction with one another. I'd love to see those two go out in the future.

I'm still undecided on the Undertaker's look. I realize there was no way his hair could've grown very long in four months, but I think he should have at least come out in his old outfit. He's basically the same character as he left, only he's doing a couple deadman mannerisms.

Jericho lost his Wrestlemania match for the third straight year. These two had an excellent match. True, there was one botched spot when Jericho dropped Christian on the ropes, but it wasn't a brutal screwup and almost looked like it was intentional. The big thing was seeing Trish turn heel, which I liked because she's been doing the same thing two or three years now, so it'll be refreshing to see her as a heel. Besides, they needed a balance since Victoria is basically a face now.

All in all, it wasn't the best Wrestlemania but it will be a personal favorite of mine only because of seeing Benoit winning the big one. I liked the Hall of Famers coming out and getting the respect the rightfully deserve. And how about Bobby Heenan playing up the crowd when the chanted 'weasel.' Oh, and I agree with him during the video package of the hall of fame presentations when he said the only thing that could've made it better was if Monsoon (Gorilla Monsoon) was still there. It almost made me cry. And props to Vince McMahon coming out and just humbly thanking the crowd for supporting him and his company. That was very well done, and props for him being the only McMahon on the show in any capacity and it only lasting a few minutes. I give credit to Vince for not having a lot of backstage stuff going on. He let his talent have the spotlight, and they all busted their humps last night. My only hope is that Vince keeps up this trend of pushing guys who deserve it.

Peegee
03-16-2004, 04:10 AM
What's a heel?

A couple of things really surprised me: Eddie's boot coming off, and Benoit and HHH doing a flip into the middle of the ring, and Benoit keeps the crippler cross-face on. Oh and seeing Paul Bearer (?) again brought back much memories.

Very nice WM :D

Del Murder
03-16-2004, 07:14 AM
Heel means bad guy.

EternalBahamut
03-16-2004, 07:26 AM
and over means that they are hot at the moment and if they got juice then they bled well in the match

Rainecloud
03-16-2004, 08:39 AM
My personal thoughts are as follows. Note: You might see a lot of moaning in this post, but I think you'll agree, it's rightly deserved.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love WWE. I've been watching the show for exactly ten years now, and it still fills me with excitement and makes me get out of my chair whenever I'm watching a main-event calibre match. The first match I ever saw was the phenomenal ladder match between Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) and HBK Shawn Michaels all the way back at Wrestlemania X, and the magic still stays with me. I sat down to watch Wrestlemania XX with my expectations set very, very high, and I think...well, I think I was expecting far too much. For me, the WWE didn't deliver in it's usual WM way. Although WM was great, and it delivered some top class matches that were worthy of a PPV, it didn't feel like a 'big four' supercard event to me. It just felt...ordinary.

John Cena vs The Big Show (United States Championship)
What a way to start off a PPV, and I don't mean that in a good sense, Cena is super-over with the crowd, but it's not fair to subject any crowd to a Big Show match after the opening segment of the show. The opening match is designed to warm up the crowd with faced paced action, and in this role, Cena and Show didn't deliver. Although I'm pleased that Cena won (and perhaps he can restore some prestige and dignity to the US title), the match itself was quite a bore, and it wasn't WM calibre.

Dudley Boyz v La Resistance v Cade/Jindrak v Booker T/RVD (World Tag Team Championship)
I'm happy that RVD got to be a part of Wrestlemania this year, but this match really stunk up the place. Although the teams tried their best to entertain the fans, the building wasn't exactly on fire for the contest - and why should they have been? Hardly any hype was built up for this one, RVD and Booker have been a team for less than a month, the Dudleyz are as stale as three year old bread and Jindrak/Cade and La Resistance...well, they suck. Absolute crap.

Chris Jericho v Christian
I actually predicted the outcome of this match to my WM watching buddy just before it started. For some reason, I could see Trish turning on Jericho to side with Christian. The match itself was excellent, and reminded me that WM could be saved from boring matches like the opener and the tag team farce. Jericho hit some excellent moves, and Christian hit some even better ones - including a very nasty looking spiked DDT (which looked a lot like the Edgecution). These two guys always pull out the stops for WM, as we could all tell from this match. Top quality stuff.

Evolution v Rock 'n' Sock Connection
The idea of Foley coming back to WWE was for him to put someone over - in a really big way. He's managed to do this so far in his feud with young Randy Orton. Randy has the talent (no doubt), and he's an excellent in-ring competitor, so I was glad to see him take the three count. His RKO reversal was amazing and completely unexpected, and Mick made Orton look like a 'million bucks' by taking it so well. Rock and Flair also entered excellent performances in this match, working the crowd up to no end. Batista was a big pile of crap (as usual), but that was to be expected. All in all, a very enjoyable match with a satisfactory outcome.

Torrie/Sable v Miss Jackie/Stacy
I really enjoyed this match. The luche libre style reversals and counter-reversals were phenomenal, and the technical ability of these fine atheletes was apparent in this classic encounter. Okay, so it wasn't that great in terms of ring quality, but seeing these girls in sunset flip and surfboard position was...pretty damn good.

Cruiserweight Open
Good, but far too rushed. What really ruined the match for me was my favourite Ultimo Dragon making a complete arse out of himself, as you can see from the tape (if you recorded the event). As he was making his entrance, he slipped on his cape and nearly fell on his backside. He then looked at his cape in disgust and tried to rescue his character from the jeers and laughs he was receiving by lifting up his arms in a vain attempt to gain some applause. Then, as he entered the ring, his foot slipped on the turnbuckle as he tried to climb the top rope for his pose. Then, he failed to land on his feet during a routine in the match (with Jamie Noble) and nearly flew out of the ring. Ultimo Dorkface would have been a more appropriate name for this idiot tonight. Ultimo has always said that 'his dream match would be at MSG'. Well, he had his match, and he totally screwed it up. Aside from Ultimo's hilarious f00k up, the match itself was alright. Some exchanges were very good, and the finish was good, too. Chavo retaining is the best thing that can be done for the division at the moment.

Goldberg v Lesnar
I had no idea Brock was leaving to pursue a career in football. I only found out when my friend (who was watching WM with me and was under strict instructions not to spoil the match) was forced to explain to me why the MSG crowd was chanting 'YOU SOLD OUT!' in the direction of Lesnar. All in all, this match was the worst of the night. Lesnar and Goldberg couldn't be bothered, their exchanges were pathetic, the crowd had fun with them, and the 'BOOOOORING!' chants were echoing throughout the building. It's nothing more than these two selfish, pathetic fools deserve. Goldberg does indeed suck, and Lesnar leaving WWE after years of them building him up is a sign of stupidity and selfishness. I'm glad Austin stunnered them both. Now, Lesnar can piss off to football, and Golberg can get the hell out of the WWE and back to Japan. Bastards.

Basham Brothers v Scotty/Rikishi v APA v World's Greatest Tag Team (WWE Tag Team Championship)
Another boring waste of time. As much as I love TSPWGTT, they couldn't pull a decent match out of these three other teams even if they tried. Rikishi/Scotty are awful champions (who've been doing the same ridiculous dance routines for years, and with less and less crowd response each time), the APA are just...crap and the Basham's are the most boring team I've ever seen in the business - aside from the Midnight Express. To be honest, I fast-forwarded this bore, and I was disappointed when TSPWGTT didn't win the belts. That fat fool Rikishi somehow retained...

Victoria v Molly Holly (Women's Championship)
Another WASTE of time. Although these women are good, they didn't deliver a WM quality match. The crowd was pathetic throughout, and nobody even cared about the outcome. Plus, nobody reacted when Molly was having her head shaved. It also took Victoria far too long to do it, and it interfered with the next match up...

Kurt Angle v Eddie Guerrero (WWE Championship)
Now we're getting back on track. I had very high expectations for this one, and it only disappointed me slightly. If the match had been given more time, it could have been so much better, but it seemed a little rushed. Unfortunately, I think Kurt is on the sidelines again with another neck injury, as has been reported on most of the main Internet Wrestling sites. After the match, he started to feel numbness in his arms and fingers. This could be another huge setback for the olympic gold medalist. The big question is - how many times can he keep coming back? I have to believe that Angle's career may be coming to an end.

Kane v Undertaker
I was really excited about this one, and it nearly lived up to expectations. I wasn't expecting the match to be amazing by any means, but it wasn't all that bad. Kane did a great job of selling to 'Taker, and the crowd were well into this one. Unfortunately, 'Taker still looked exactly like his American Badass incarnation. The old 'Taker didn't return at all - this is just another weird hybrid of his characters. Nevertheless, I was happy to see him back, and his new (or rather, his old) music rocked.

Benoit v HBK v HHH (World Heavyweight Championship)
The match of the night, by a huge margin. These men got the crowd to respond to nearly everything they did by the end of the match, and the crowd were in Benoit's corner throughout. An excellent performance (even from HHH, who bumped himself silly for the crowd), and a superbly crafted storyline coming to an end...perhaps. I was ecstatic when Benoit won, and I said to my friend 'This is why I watch wrestling' after the match had finished. And I was right. Once again, Wrestlemania had captured my heart and made me believe in these fine performers once more. This match is why I watch wrestling, and I don't need to say any more than that.

So, in summary:

The Good Points: 'Taker got a huge pop from the crowd, Angle/Eddie was nice to see, Cena took home the US title, Christian got a big push, Goldberg and Lesnar have gone and Benoit finally received his well earned push (and title).

The Bad Points: Not enough build-up for most of the matches, Smackdown/Raw quality matches for the most part of the show, an apathetic and disrespectful New York crowd (what is it with New Yorkers? They're so pathetic and rude...), Angles that didn't seem to mean anything and expectations that were far too high. Ah well, at least Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan weren't on hand for the show.