PDA

View Full Version : dr unne is gay

The Man
03-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Not really.

Is anyone else amused by all the "* is gay" topics floating around now? It seems some people haven't graduated beyond third-grade insults.

To give this thread a valid topic, what are your favourite insults?

White Raven
03-11-2004, 04:17 PM
So everyone is happy around here? I don't get it.

Leeza
03-11-2004, 04:25 PM
I am not amused by all of the "*is gay" topics and I don't really have any favourite insults because I try to avoid insulting people...on purpose.

The Man
03-11-2004, 04:31 PM
I don't insult people unless they deserve it. (Edit: I'm not sure what I was trying to say in this sentence, so I deleted it). The best insults are hand-crafted for each victim, though, I find, but there's still some insults that manage to be hilarious regardless of the target. I can't think of any offhand that aren't too vulgar for GC though.

I'm not amused by the "* is gay" topics because they're actually worth laughing at, I'm amused because they're so immature and pathetic. Maybe I'm just in an easily amusable mood these days. It looks to me like that last one was the same guy who'd hacked into Flare_Star's account, and I find it laughable that someone would spend so much time going after someone else they knew in real life, only to post on a final fantasy message board that they were gay. If you're going to spend so much effort, at least expend it on something witty.

Mikztsu
03-11-2004, 04:37 PM
I laughed a bit, yeah.:)

Meat Puppet
03-11-2004, 04:42 PM
It was so stupid it was funny. Oh, wait.

m4tt
03-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Calling someone "gay" is the stupidest insult you can come up with.

The Man
03-11-2004, 04:43 PM
I have to agree.

White Raven
03-11-2004, 04:46 PM
The only time I insult someone is out of good fun with my friends...we all have our qualities that we like to pick on each other with.

Rainecloud
03-11-2004, 05:37 PM
It was funny about five years ago, but not any more, dammit!

How dare these members question Unne's sexuality.

eestlinc
03-11-2004, 05:43 PM
you know those Ernest movies are secret code for homosexuality. Know what I mean, Verne?

Peegee
03-11-2004, 05:50 PM
http://this.thread.isgay.com/

Flying Mullet
03-11-2004, 05:51 PM
This all saddens me. :cry:

Rainecloud
03-11-2004, 05:54 PM
http://this.thread.isgay.com/

It was funny about five years ago, but not any more, dammit!

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 06:13 PM
Insulting people is not very nice. I try to be the bigger man.

Linus
03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by The Man
Not really.

Is anyone else amused by all the "* is gay" topics floating around now? It seems some people haven't graduated beyond third-grade insults.

To give this thread a valid topic, what are your favourite insults?

I haven't seen any threads like this yet. O_o

eestlinc
03-11-2004, 06:57 PM
because staff got rid of them

Psychotic
03-11-2004, 06:58 PM
I call my best friend gay. But then again, he IS gay. (He even has a job in a Gay Bar, where he gets a ridiculously large amount AND gets free drinks.)

Yamaneko
03-11-2004, 07:38 PM
I never understood it. Like when we got a load of homework in high school, kids in the class would be like "that's gay". What the hell is gay? The homework? Yeah, ok buddy.

I insult only people I know and that know I'm joking.

Drizzt
03-11-2004, 08:48 PM
The is gay statement always works. since it's phrased more as a joke , then as an insult.

Dr Unne is gay worked fine as a joke ...
As he is completely not gay, and a serious person in general.

CloudDragon
03-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
Insulting people is not very nice. I try to be the bigger man.

Hahahaaahahaaha.....Ha

I'm a nice guy eddie.

Linus
03-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Nice guy Eddie <i>died</i>.

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by CloudDragon
Hahahaaahahaaha.....Ha

You want a piece of me, jerkwad?

Big D
03-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Here's another way of looking at it...

"This homework is gay!" = "I hate this homework, it's boring, tiresome, a pain, not worthy of my attention, it sucks completely."

Thus, "gay" = "inferior to everything else". Basically, using "gay" as in insult is like saying that all homosexuals are an inferior form of life, so lowly that their identity is a hideous insult to anything you attach it to. It's like saying, "I don't watch that TV programme, it's like totally black" or "Dr Unne is autistic", not because those things are true, but because you feel it's a grievous insult to make that comparison.

Enoki
03-11-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Calling someone "gay" is the stupidest insult you can come up with.

yo momma!

Dragonflame
03-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Calling someone or something gay isn't really an insult anymore. It's more of a way to express frustration. Just like when you say something sucks. It doesn't really suck, you're just saying you don't like it, and everyone understands what you mean.

And yes Big D, calling something gay is sort of an insult to homosexuals, but, finding that completely disgusting myself, I can't really get all that upset about it.

The Man
03-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Yamaneko
I never understood it. Like when we got a load of homework in high school, kids in the class would be like "that's gay". What the hell is gay? The homework? Yeah, ok buddy.xD

I insult only people I know and that know I'm joking. Generally, my insults are confined to such people as well.

Also, I saw Big D post and thought it was Del. It's already embedded in my mind that grayscale avatar + Cid's Knight title = Del Murder. D:

Dragonflame
03-11-2004, 10:06 PM
I try to only insult people jokingly as well. Besides, what's the point of insulting someone seriously. Who's going to get upset just because someone they probably don't care about anyway called them a name?

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by The Man
Also, I saw Big D post and thought it was Del. It's already embedded in my mind that grayscale avatar + Cid's Knight title = Del Murder. D:
My D is bigger anyway.

I don't like when people use the word gay in frustration, but I don't think it's much of an insult anymore. I think the word gay has taken on a third meaning. Just like before it referred to homosexuals it only meant 'happy', and queer only meant 'odd'. Words and language constatnly evolve.

The Man
03-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Dragonflame
I try to only insult people jokingly as well. Besides, what's the point of insulting someone seriously. Who's going to get upset just because someone they probably don't care about anyway called them a name? That's why the best insults aren't name-calling, but cut to the bone. I try not to use those on anyone but complete wastes of oxygen, though.

SupremeDude
03-12-2004, 06:26 PM
i feel sorry for Flare_Star. His reputation (?) is permanently tarnished and hes probably wondering whether to show his face here again.

Flying Mullet
03-12-2004, 06:28 PM
Naw, nothing was harmed. I hope Flare_Star comes back.

Peegee
03-12-2004, 06:29 PM
Dr Unne doesn't strike me as a happy person D:

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 06:30 PM
I'm sure he's very happy and stuff, but this MB seriousness is just an act.:) He probably gets wasted every weekend.

DMKA
03-12-2004, 10:24 PM
I have to admit I am guilty of calling this gay like that...still. But I don't mean it as an insult toward homosexuals or anything, it just seemed to work without anyone objecting to it, like if I said "thats F**K up" or something. But yea, the gay thing isn't funny anymore really.

Shlup
03-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by Gau
Calling someone "gay" is the stupidest insult you can come up with. Which is why its funny. That and "your face." Whenever someone says something we just say "Your face is _____." Like the otehr day I asked Barry if the brownies were ready and he said "YOUR FACE IS READY!"

:}

Del Murder
03-13-2004, 05:36 AM
We say 'your butt'. Because butt is a funnier word and body part than face.

TheAbominatrix
03-13-2004, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it's only funny when you're completly messing around. You should hear the insults my friends and I come up with eachother. One that's big with some of my buddies is calling eachother fat, because we arent at all serious, and we'd never call someone that seriously, cause that would be mean.

The gay thing when it came to threads and all may have been funny the first time around, but like everything else it got old quick. Jokes tend to die pretty fast around here.

Mikztsu
03-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
Which is why its funny. That and "your face." Whenever someone says something we just say "Your face is _____." Like the otehr day I asked Barry if the brownies were ready and he said "YOUR FACE IS READY!"

Yeah, must agree there. Stupidest things are funny often.

And I use that "Your" thing often too, but instead of saying "your face", I say "Your ass is _____."

DJZen
03-13-2004, 06:55 PM
I say ___ is gay, but usually only when mocking those who say it seriously, and then I usuall phrase it "____ has teh GHEY!!!!111" to really make it clear that I'm not giving my personal opinion. I AM gay after all. However, I DO use the word to describe things that ARE, well, for lack of a better word, gay. For example, a friend of mine decided that he simply HAD to go furniture shopping instead of keeping our plans to hang out. K-mart was having a sale after all.

Now, using it as a general catch-all insult I'm very amused by. ESPECIALLY online. It's like the people who use it seriously think it's so horribly insulting and offensive when it's actually not. Really it just makes you look like a fool. I've had plenty of amusing variants thrown at me in chat rooms and such too. I think my favorite is still "teh GHEY" but "f4gG0r7z" is still good to hear.

I agree that the best insults are individually crafted. You have to know someone very well to be able to really harm them. To relate back to the gay thing, I have a friend who is also gay, but tries very hard to act butch. He only succeeds occasionally. One night I noticed he was using the word "fabulous" a lot, so I pointed it out to him. His response was "Really? Wow, you should smack me when I do that." Before I could even censor myself I just blurted out "If I was gonna smack you for every time you acted flamboyant, my wrists would go as limp as yours". I'm actually glad I said it though 'cause we all fell over laughing.

Lindy
03-13-2004, 07:00 PM
"You're gay with your mum"

Ultimate insult.

Zyx
03-16-2004, 08:48 AM
I really don't understand why people get hurt when insulted. If someone calls a strait person a homosexual, why should that person get mad? Is he/she a homosexual? No, (s)he's not. If someone calls that person a hypocrit when he/she is, then why should he/she get insulted? He/she is one. But if someone is called something that they are and don't like it, then to me that means that that person doesn't like being what he/she is being called, and is ashamed of himself/herself, and would like to change.

Kirobaito
03-16-2004, 11:56 PM
I only insult people when I'm joking around. They may not think I am, but that's their problem. And those insults are normally that of a first-grader. Then again, I have the maturity of a first-grader.

HOOTERS
03-17-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by ShlupQuack
Which is why its funny. That and "your face." Whenever someone says something we just say "Your face is _____." Like the otehr day I asked Barry if the brownies were ready and he said "YOUR FACE IS READY!"

:smash: