PDA

View Full Version : Vincent/Sephiroth

-N-
03-11-2004, 08:52 PM
When you get Vincent in your party, he says "So Sephiroth knows he was created five years ago, and about the Jenova Project?"

But Sephiroth wasn't created five years ago! Sephiroth clones were constructed five years ago (but not from scratch). What is Vincent talking about? Jenova in the form of the Sephiroth-clone?

edit: Also, if you talk to Vincent in Disc I, Cloud says he is formerly of SOLDIER. Does he say that in Disc II or III, when the player knows he isn't from SOLDIER?

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Isn't the Sephy you are chasing a clone? I thought the real one was killed/locked up in the northern crater.

Big D
03-11-2004, 09:41 PM
A mistranslation, I think. He probably meant to say, "so Sephiroth found out that he was created, five years ago...", meaning that five years ago, Sephiroth learned of his origins.

However, there's another possibility. Vincent was imprisoned by Hojo for interfering in the experiment that created Sephiroth; it's possible that he was initially unaware of the fact that twenty-five years had passed. Sephiroth may well have been five years old when Vincent was 'put away' by Hojo.

Also, there's a lot of speculation about the identity of the 'Sephiroth' you chase during the game, but it's definitely not a 'Sephiroth clone' as such.

zacks_clone
03-11-2004, 10:14 PM
Also, if you talk to Vincent in Disc I, Cloud says he is formerly of SOLDIER. Does he say that in Disc II or III, when the player knows he isn't from SOLDIER?

If you have finished the game,this is very clear why Cloud says he is from SOLDIER.If you havent,well,when you di it will be crystal clear

Big D
03-11-2004, 10:23 PM
The thing is, in disc two or three, Cloud shouldn't say that he's "formerly of SOLDIER", since he's finally discovered the truth. I'm pretty sure that's what POD was asking about. It'd be a funny oversight if Cloud still used his false story after he'd found out what was really going on. It's kind of like what happens when Yuffie comes back to the Highwind at the end of disc 2. Even if you haven't done her sidequest, Bare-It still says, "well, at least this time she didn't steal our materia." The question is whether additional dialogue was written to account for these possibilities...

-N-
03-12-2004, 12:24 AM
Yeah, Big D, that's what I was going at. The Sephiroth-clone issue is in another thread, though...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-12-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Big D
A mistranslation, I think. He probably meant to say, "so Sephiroth found out that he was created, five years ago...", meaning that five years ago, Sephiroth learned of his origins.This is exactly correct.