PDA

View Full Version : Being a Final Fantasy Forum...

zacks_clone
03-11-2004, 10:39 PM
You know,something kind of been buggin me...

I feel extreamly out of place here.Not in the general chat,but on EyesonFF. It being a Final Fantasy site(enless ff stands for something...diffrent suddenly...) you dont see many people on the forum with Finalfantasy related signatures and/or names anymore...

Del Murder
03-11-2004, 10:43 PM
I find that this place is split into two groups. There's the general stuff (GC, Lounge, Eoeo, Feedback), where most of the 'veterans' hang out, and there is the FF boards where a lot of the low key members go. There is a handful that do both, but for the most part it's split. Some people haven't even played the games and just come here for community.

Rye
03-11-2004, 10:47 PM
I used to feel that way too. I even used to have a FF name (Rikkuyuna89). I agree with what Del Murder said, but if you post more, you'll get used to it. :)

zacks_clone
03-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Iv noticed that some people never even played ff before...

ah,i post quite often,actually,and I have gotten used to the fact that the boards split,and people dont seem to know what they are talking about half the time(me included,so no one bite me),and there are really no ff realted...anythings anymore...but i just found it odd

Psychotic
03-11-2004, 11:00 PM
I post in both. But there was a long period where I didn't post on the FF boards, as it just gets repetitive, with the "What is the best FF" or "Who is the best FF char?" over and over again, it's just pointless.

But I kinda post there these days. So yay.

Yamaneko
03-11-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm not into the series like I used to be. I'll post on occasion in any of the forums though. My sn is Square Enix related, but I like using good ol' Link for my avatar. I don't like sigs. :)

Citizen Bleys
03-11-2004, 11:03 PM
FF brought me here initially, but...*shrugs*

The games got old and boring for me. EoFF didn't.

DocFrance
03-11-2004, 11:11 PM
I really only wander into the FF fora if there's a topic that really interests me, to answer a question, or to make fun of some poor n00b's spelling and grammar skills.

Mo-Nercy
03-11-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm still very much into the series but I don't come here for just FF anymore.

I'm thinking of changing my screen name to my other nickname : Mo-Nercył

SomethingBig
03-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Heh, Mo-Nercy...

I don't have an FF username because... Well, I honestly can't think of a half-decent username that's about FF. I find myself posting in most of the forums. I, too, have realized how very few people that post in the General forums actually post in the FF forums.

Agent Proto
03-11-2004, 11:48 PM
EoFF is not the only Final Fantasy related forums where most members don't have FF related avs and sigs.

Xander
03-11-2004, 11:59 PM
I guess a lot of people here don't have FF related sigs/names but I think as Agent Proto says, a lot of FF forums are like that.

FF brought me here in the first place and I still love the games lots, so I still go in the FF forums, usually depending on what game I'm playing at the time. There are quite a few FF names here, perhaps less sigs but still a fair few. *points at Yrkoon's sig* Very FF like! *nod*

Bahamut2000X
03-12-2004, 12:18 AM
I usually post in whatever Isee interesting between both. Although a while ago back before FFXI was out and us hard core fans who waited since hearing about to get released, I was always spamming up the FFXI forums. Although now I post more so where ever.

And I got a FF related name though also. Although I've been thinking of changing it.

Garland
03-12-2004, 12:46 AM
I'll never give up my name.

Dr Unne
03-12-2004, 12:48 AM
*points at himself*

Cid
03-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Final what?

EternalBahamut
03-12-2004, 01:34 AM
I love FF, the whole series and try to play them as often as possible but I rally appreciate the opportunity to discuss other things too.

Chibi Youkai
03-12-2004, 01:38 AM
I post pretty much anywhere I feel like at whatever time I'm on, but sometimes It does seem the the FF sections do get somewhat repetitious after a while. And it's also really cool to be able to discuss other things too.

Yamaneko
03-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Cid
Final what?
Fight

Skogs
03-12-2004, 02:17 AM
What Bleys said.

The discussions in the Square-Enix forums tend to repeat themselves pretty quickly. Not so much in the General Chat forums. I still play FF games, but not a huge amount.

Giggles
03-12-2004, 03:12 AM
When I first came to EoFF, I had just finished FFVI. So, I went to that forum, and no others. Then...people stopped posting there, mostly. So, I took a chance and ventured to the General Chat.

Now I live here.

Giggles
03-12-2004, 03:18 AM
Hey! I get how that connects with Rinoa! omg xD

:D!

bennator
03-12-2004, 03:23 AM
When I first came here, I hid in the FF forums, and never came to the community part. Now, it has been months since I've been in the FF forums. It's not that I don't like the games anymore, or whatnot, it's just that, there's only so much that can be said about them for a period of time.

Linus
03-12-2004, 03:42 AM
Time has desensitized me to talking about how cool Cloud is, or different ways to beat Emerald Weapon. Sorry. You should've seen me in 2000, though. Enthusiastic as ever about the upcoming Final Fantasy IX.

fire_of_avalon
03-12-2004, 04:52 AM
You come because of the common interest in FF, you stay because everyone is so cool.

And don't worry, everyone will be visiting the game forums when I finish my research paper on the archetypes of FF VIII *nods*

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-12-2004, 05:01 AM
I used to be obsessed by FF. Now I don't particularly like it much. I just like the people here. Well, some of them.

I have never had a Final Fantasy related name. Never.

o_O
03-12-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Chibi Youkai
I post pretty much anywhere I feel like at whatever time I'm on, but sometimes It does seem the the FF sections do get somewhat repetitious after a while. And it's also really cool to be able to discuss other things too.

Yes, I used to be very active in the FF forums. Now I rarely venture into them. Having said that, I just posted in the FFVII forum. :o

I used to be obsessed by FF. Now I don't particularly like it much. I just like the people here. Well, some of them.

Rofl.

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 11:36 AM
I have Sephiroth in my avatar! :D

...I don't know, it's just sticked around there. I used to be obsessed in Final Fantasies as well. Not that much anymore.

m4tt
03-12-2004, 02:06 PM
I used to have an FF sig, but eh. I can't even bring myself to finish FF games anymore. I get about 20 hours through and I don't play it again for months.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

<b>Zell's Fists of Fury!</b>

The Man
03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Gau
Zell's Fists of Fury! I was going to say that. >=O

My screen name was originally a reference to Gilgamesh of Final Fantasy V, because he is in fact The Man. Now it means whatever you want it to mean.

I post in the Final Fantasy boards some, but I mostly keep coming here because of the people. FFOnline has more active FF forums anyway, but the general chat isn't as entertaining.

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 02:59 PM
No matter how funny Zell's Fists of Fury was, I think "Spaceman Alf" was more silly and stupid nickname. =P Especially when you think how Spiff must've thought: " Oh man, this nick will be funny" before changing it.

lol spiff *cuddle*

EDIT: no longer Sephiroth 'cause Vince is the man. Vince would win a fight between the two. Good screwjob or something. 8-)

Zell's Fists of Fury
03-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Why must you people lie?