PDA

View Full Version : Balance

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm talking about scale between online and offline life. How have you managed to balance these two?

I spend a lot of time online, but I also think I have a great and social life offline as well and people generally likes me. ( they like me more offline than online ;-) ).

I'm also kinda weird in a way, that after few social days offline, I hermit myself without answering phonecalls etc somedays. I guess that's also kinda balancing, to have some peace after few days of socializing. I need peace, and when I need peace, I'm a LOT online. Eventhough I don't chat that much anymore. Just few freaks I bother every now and then.:)

So, yeah, have you managed this well, or has 'online life' taken an upper hand of you? I guess I have a pretty healthy balance.

But yeah, whatever makes you happy. That's the most important thing.

Fuzakeru
03-12-2004, 04:36 PM
I went from not having the internet at all to having it and my whole life changed. I'd spend hours after school RPing on Yahoo or posting here ( the outside world did NOT exist ).
Then I met my boyfriend ( on the 'net ) and we started talking on the phone which meant less time for chattin' and shtuff. I rarely went online unless it was at school and that was to send him e-mails.
Now I have a healthy balance between the two. Perhaps because now I can see him on his webcam and cause I wuv you guys!! -=-Group Hug-=-

Flying Mullet
03-12-2004, 04:37 PM
My life's pretty balanced. Most of my online time comes while I'm at work and outside of work I interact with the "real world".

Mikztsu
03-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah, and I'd like to add: does your offline life suffer from possible Internet addiction? I'm addicted to Internet ( EoFF, Livejournal), but I'm not letting it hurt my social life, studies, et cetera offline. =]

Fuzakeru
03-12-2004, 04:54 PM
No. My journal is the lone ranger. I don't even read it. :)

Del Murder
03-12-2004, 05:15 PM
I don't socialize much on or offline, so it's pretty balanced.

DeBlayde
03-12-2004, 05:51 PM
I used to spend most of my waking hours online. I was hooked into this MMORPG called Dragonrealms. This was before Everquest and its several spinoffs gained in popularity. then, I woke up one day and said, Geez! I can't remember the last time I went outside!

so I promptly grabbed my board and hit the slopes. Haven't played Dragonrealms in quite a long time too.

so yup. I rarely go online anymore except for research or to post here. it's just kinda dull, and my bum falls asleep too quick.

Peegee
03-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I literally live on top of my monitor, crouched there and bending over to look at the monitor's upside down image. I should flip the monitor upside down and fix it all.

Yamaneko
03-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Del Murder
I don't socialize much on or offline, so it's pretty balanced.

Shlup
03-12-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm not nearly as worried about the balance of online and offline as I am the balance of work and play. I'm tired of working while everyone plays!

Meat Puppet
03-12-2004, 08:31 PM
I just go online when I'm bored. And I'm bored a lot.

Rye
03-12-2004, 08:41 PM
My online life tips the scale just a liiiittle bit. I still spend time with friends and stuff, but I do go on my computer and spend time with my online friends a lot too.

Dr Unne
03-12-2004, 08:54 PM
I don't socialize at all offline, and very little online. My few friends are good friends, that's all I need.

Meow
03-13-2004, 12:11 AM
i suspect i spend too much time in front of a computer monitor. But when i'm social, i'm extremely social; living on a college campus just makes life so immediate. i probably balance it out pretty well, though my intuitive response is that i should spend more time away from the electronic universe. With the modern world as wired as it is, it isn't too surprising that information becomes such a designer drug, and i've always found it easy to get attached.

Xander
03-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Dr Unne
My few friends are good friends, that's all I need.

*nod*

I'm probably online and offline about the same, since college counts pretty much for my social life, I have a few friends there but not close friends as such. Same online really. Although I do go online probably more than I go out but I'd rather be on the computer than out at some club, that's just me. I have my best friend who I see at weekends and that's enough for me really.

But when you meet people online and then meet them offline, that's even better ^_^

Agent Proto
03-13-2004, 12:59 AM
For me, I spend a little too much time online. >< Oh well. Hopefully that'll change so it'll balance out.

TheAbominatrix
03-13-2004, 01:06 AM
Im not really as in to online socialization as I used to be. Like, I used to love randomly messaging people and making new online friends. Now it's basically just one old friend from those days and EoFF people (and of course my offline friends who have compys).

I spend a lot of time online, because I live kinda far from my hometown and hence all my good friends, but I do a lot offline too. For example I'm waiting for Chris to get here, and I'm gonna hit a fun time show (Total Chaos, yay!) and hang out with my friends after. Yay!

Leeza
03-13-2004, 01:20 AM
It used to balance out okay, but now it seems like I'm on the computer for most of the day because I'm doing my college courses all online. Some are interactive so I'm meeting more people online, but offline I'm not very social at all. Just a few close friends and family.

Tokki Wartooth
03-13-2004, 01:21 AM
People actually LIKE me offline.

Rainecloud
03-13-2004, 05:16 PM
I have more friends offline than I do online, and I spend more time offline than I do online. Having said that, it might have something to do with the fact that I hate you all.

Montoya
03-13-2004, 11:08 PM
My life is pretty balanced. I spend half the day at school, and the other half on the internet.

Jewels
03-13-2004, 11:46 PM
I actually don't think my online and offline life is balanced anymore. I only come online once or twice during the week and only for a few hours on the weekend. I just don't have time anymore. I've got so much school work and hanging out with friends make me really busy.

So, I have to say my offline life takes the upper hand *nods*